Season 1 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078

@Norbe.7630 said:most guilds on the pve/pvx division are 300+ memberspvp guilds more or less 20s membersactive wvw guilds have an average of 30 members online for a raid

oh well, goodluck with the tourney, hope it comes to life

GvGs have always been 15vs15 or 20vs20. Right now most guilds or the WvW focuses guilds usually field 15-20. The ones who field more have players who care about GvG and who don’t. So 15vs15 for this tourney is fine. In the future we will consider 20vs20 if this tourney goes successful.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HeNnAz.8913 said:Pretty sure this is Season 2????????????? I vaguely remember in S1 that Hymn and GS fought then as per usual in a GvG, one guild got mad and made excuses.

What's your security to make sure this doesn't re-occur?

Most people consider that tourney a joke for the exact reasons you listen, I would hope in terms of helping the scene become active and healthy people could be adults and limit the amount of excuses. Sometimes you just play poorly, sometimes you play exceedingly well. Judging whats happening and fixing it in the heat of the moment is what can make the difference between Good and Great guilds.

@Banzie.5248 said:

@HeNnAz.8913 said:Pretty sure this is Season 2????????????? I vaguely remember in S1 that Hymn and GS fought then as per usual in a GvG, one guild got mad and made excuses.

Most people consider that tourney a joke for the exact reasons you listen, I would hope in terms of helping the scene become active and healthy people could be adults and limit the amount of excuses. Sometimes you just play poorly, sometimes you play exceedingly well. Judging whats happening and fixing it in the heat of the moment is what can make the difference between Good and Great guilds.

If you feel this tourney is a joke, no problem, don't participate. Comment somewhere else, no one needs your negativity. At the moment we are up to 24 Guilds and waiting for responses from 8 others.

@Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:

If you feel this tourney is a joke, no problem, don't participate. Comment somewhere else, no one needs your negativity. At the moment we are up to 24 Guilds and waiting for responses from 8 others.

He wasn't saying that this tourny was a joke, he was saying the Spring 2015 invitational one was.

@Domi.4106 said:You really should read better. He said previous tournament was a joke.. But congrats on getting this nice amount of guilds in

^ This tourney isnt nearly as ridiculous as that one was, Cmon now bully I support you ;{

Pvp is a joke in this game... just move along and let lamers have fun ^^

Side note: at least isnt a 40 vs 40 stack n'spam thing... just 15 on each side... kekLets see who can runs more scourges and firebrands with just 15 players.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Side note: at least isnt a 40 vs 40 stack n'spam thing... just 15 on each side... kekLets see who can runs more scourges and firebrands with just 15 players.

Nah lmao, if you show up with nothing but Scourges you'll get freaking shrekt.

15s comp run by guilds who actually GvG is something along the lines of FB/Scg/Rev/SB/- with the final slot being an utility pick (another Rev for a DPS party, another FB for extra sustain, a Scrapper for downstate play and invis counter, a Chrono for boons and veil, a Soulbeast for smoke to blast stealth.

GvGing actually requires a good comp unlike open field blobbing lol.

@Namer.9750 said:

Nah lmao, if you show up with nothing but Scourges you'll get freaking shrekt.

15s comp run by guilds who actually GvG is something along the lines of FB/Scg/Rev/SB/- with the final slot being an utility pick (another Rev for a DPS party, another FB for extra sustain, a Scrapper for downstate play and invis counter, a Chrono for boons and veil, a Soulbeast for smoke to blast stealth.

GvGing actually requires a good comp unlike open field blobbing lol.

On small scalle i kinda agree with that comment, still very limited due gw2 design.

Archived