Season 1 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078

lol naysayers aside, very good job. From my point of view, it's been an utter hassle to get anything organized on a large scale especially with many egos on the line, but fortunately Bully is like, immune, to those issues due being a very magnanimous individual so if anyone was going to get anything going especially in this state of the game, it'd be a good chance it'd be him.

Best of luck guys, and definitely hope you got someone to stream. I'll probably find some time to spectate.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:

@jul.7602 said:Who will be the commentator(s), how will the match be observed? It would be nice to have first person cameras every now and then as opposed to just watching from the sidelines.

We will have 4 streamers on Twitch during the tournament. I will have the info for you soon on what 4 channels you can watch it from.

@Aeolus.3615

UPDATED NEWS: If I can get more of the Guilds that have confirmed signups and pay there entry fee, I will Post the current roster in a few days. Get your entry fees to me Asap if you want to get in, Currently waiting on 9 guilds who confirmed, but have not paid the entry fee, if I get those 9, I will be begin to post the current Roster early, Thank you all and may the best Guild Win!!!

Hello Everyone,

I have made some minor Edits in the Tournament Rules.The following rules have been implemented: If Guild Leaders choose Guild Hall to fight, downstate 5 is banned with Signet of Agony and Loss Aversion Pre-Buffing is not allowed prior to start time nor is stacking sigils, stacks must be cleared after rounds complete***

How are the guild matches selected?Is the tournament going to be single elimination, double elimination, or Swiss-system?Can participants record their results at the end of each round by deaths like round 1: 14-3; round 2: 15-0; round 3: 2-7?Where can people get updated on the current results of each match?I've been in GvGs where they sat for like 15 min between each round. Can we get a reasonable time limit between each round?

@"EbonFreeman.4051" said:How are the guild matches selected?Is the tournament going to be single elimination, double elimination, or Swiss-system?Can participants record their results at the end of each round by deaths like round 1: 14-3; round 2: 15-0; round 3: 2-7?Where can people get updated on the current results of each match?I've been in GvGs where they sat for like 15 min between each round. Can we get a reasonable time limit between each round?

The Guild matches at the beginning will be random for placement.In the event we get 40 guilds, we will do single elimination, if it's less, then we will do double.Rounds will be completed when either the driver calls "gg" or everyone has been downed.The results of the matches will be posted daily on the tournament discord and in this forum.There should be no more than a few mins in between rounds, unless someone is substituting and fixing there build. But I like the idea, so I will post that rule to be no more than 10min in between rounds.

The Guild matches at the beginning will be random for placement.In the event we get 40 guilds, we will do single elimination, if it's less, then we will do double.Rounds will be completed when either the driver calls "gg" or everyone has been downed.The results of the matches will be posted daily on the tournament discord and in this forum.There should be no more than a few mins in between rounds, unless someone is substituting and fixing there build. But I like the idea, so I will post that rule to be no more than 10min in between rounds.

@Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:I'VE ADDED 2 NEW UPDATES TO THE RULES

Up to 2 substitutions are allowedMax limit of 10 minutes in between rounds

10 min is waaaaaay too long, i dont anticipate anyone actually taking this long but you're gonna be there all day. especially if you are gonna stream it. people get bored when people take 5 minutes. 5 min tops, even that is pretty long

@MadBomber.3719 said:

I'VE ADDED 2 NEW UPDATES TO THE RULES

Up to 2 substitutions are allowedMax limit of 10 minutes in between rounds

10 min is waaaaaay too long, i dont anticipate anyone actually taking this long but you're gonna be there all day. especially if you are gonna stream it. people get bored when people take 5 minutes. 5 min tops, even that is pretty long

Yea, think your right, I will.change it to 5 min.

Archived