Season 1 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LATEST UPDATE: There was some additional rules added on the main page: No rez after double downed, No mounts, and rounds have been changed from 9 rounds to 7 rounds. In addition, we will be posting the current sign up roster, so everyone can see who has signed up currently, that will be posted in a few hours! Looking to get 40 Guilds signed up!

REMINDER 4 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER, SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

HERE IS THE CURRENT ROSTER!! STILL WAITING ON SOME OF THE GUILDS TO PAY THEIR REGISTRATION AND GET BACK TO ME! I WILL BE UPDATING DAILY UNTIL THE 30TH

Current Guild Participants

Contact info:

[Hate] Sir Bully Foot.9078
[bAN] Banzie.5248[CoSa] Frost.5017[Grim] Grimneo.4158[bOO] Caliburn.1845[RISE] SpitFire.4690[TORK] babybear.3486[DEF] Toxic Slayer.6597[TAG] Bowdosa.3687[TBT] SniffyCube.6107[CL] Casantis.3106[bANE] VaShot.6495[MM] Noodica.5428[sIN] Terestia.6157[DC] Perfectxshot.6712[CCCP] Trajan.4953[bOMB] Tyrion.5764[DOC] Iceman.3792[bAY] RazGerb.6173/Noyalty.7849[KnT] captsharpe.7156

The Following Guilds I am waiting for either Gold or Confirmation please get back to me ASAP plz!

[KRTA][RAWR][Vale][TSYM][RX][OG][AB][DTF][CAOS][TMW][EYE][RED][Flux][Joy][ONE]

LETS CONTINUE TO BRING MORE GUILDS, SPREAD THE WORD AND LETS MAKE THIS FUN!!! 3 DAYS LEFT FOR REGISTRATION, HURRY!

HERE IS THE CURRENT ROSTER!! STILL WAITING ON SOME OF THE GUILDS TO PAY THEIR REGISTRATION AND GET BACK TO ME! I WILL BE UPDATING DAILY UNTIL THE 30TH

Current Guild Participants

Contact info:

[bAN] Banzie.5248[CoSa] Frost.5017[Grim] Grimneo.4158[bOO] Caliburn.1845[RISE] SpitFire.4690[TORK] babybear.3486[DEF] Toxic Slayer.6597[TAG] Bowdosa.3687[TBT] SniffyCube.6107[CL] Casantis.3106[bANE] VaShot.6495[MM] Noodica.5428[sIN] Terestia.6157[DC] Perfectxshot.6712[CCCP] Trajan.4953[bOMB] Tyrion.5764[bAY] RazGerb.6173/Noyalty.7849[KnT] captsharpe.7156[ONE] msbehnke..3960[KRYTA] Alpha Mayle.6254[PB] Chris.7541[bMO] Kevindaddy.6699[Kpk] EdwinGtz.4537[TTD] Hiraldo.7954

The Following Guilds I am waiting for either Gold or Confirmation please get back to me ASAP plz!

[Vale][RX][OG][AB][DTF][CAOS][TMW][EYE][RED]

LETS CONTINUE TO BRING MORE GUILDS, SPREAD THE WORD AND LETS MAKE THIS FUN!!! 2 DAYS LEFT FOR REGISTRATION, HURRY!

@"Sir Bully Foot.9078" said:Yes, its a double elimination

Bully, you already said it was going to be a double elimination bracket. Which is the way to go considering we have no seeding and we don't want the top teams to find themselves in the same bracket.

Something like https://www.printyourbrackets.com/pdfbrackets/24teamdouble.pdf is a much better format.

@Caliburn.1845 said:

@"Sir Bully Foot.9078" said:Yes, its a double elimination

Bully, you already said it was going to be a double elimination bracket. Which is the way to go considering we have no seeding and we don't want the top teams to find themselves in the same bracket.

Something like
is a much better format.

I did, but after looking at the turn out, if we go double elimination, it may go to long, let me check, since registration is officially closed, and now I can spend some time creating the bracket and see if I can fit it in a 5 week span. I will keep you posted.

**HERE IS THE THE FINAL ROSTER!!**** In the next few days I will be working on brackets to see if we can do Double elimination, without extending 5 weeks, I will keep everyone informed on the Discord. Great turn out!!! Ty all for participating!Current Guild Participants

Contact info:

[bAN] Banzie.5248[CoSa] Frost.5017[Grim] Grimneo.4158[bOO] Caliburn.1845[RISE] SpitFire.4690[TORK] babybear.3486[DEF] Toxic Slayer.6597[TAG] Bowdosa.3687[TBT] SniffyCube.6107[CL] Casantis.3106[bANE] VaShot.6495[MM] Noodica.5428[sIN] Terestia.6157[DC] Perfectxshot.6712[CCCP] Trajan.4953[bOMB] Tyrion.5764[bAY] RazGerb.6173/Noyalty.7849[KnT] captsharpe.7156[ONE] msbehnke..3960[KRYTA] Alpha Mayle.6254[PB] Chris.7541[bMO] Kevindaddy.6699[Kpk] EdwinGtz.4537[TTD] Hiraldo.7954[ODF] Seasniffer.1763

I will be sending out invites to the Tournament Discord to all the Contacts. There you will find all the info you need for updates, scheduling, guild contacts, etc. MAY THE BEST GUILD WIN!!!

HERE IS THE FINAL ROSTERContact info:

Hate] Sir Bully Foot.9078[bAN] Banzie.5248[CoSa] Frost.5017[Grim] Grimneo.4158[bOO] Caliburn.1845[RISE] SpitFire.4690[TORK] babybear.3486[DEF] Toxic Slayer.6597[TAG] Bowdosa.3687[TBT] SniffyCube.6107[CL] Casantis.3106[bANE] VaShot.6495[MM] Noodica.5428[sIN] Terestia.6157[DC] Perfectxshot.6712[CCCP] Trajan.4953[bOMB] Tyrion.5764[bAY] RazGerb.6173/Noyalty.7849[KnT] captsharpe.7156[ONE] msbehnke..3960[KRYTA] Alpha Mayle.6254[PB] Chris.7541[bMO] Kevindaddy.6699[Kpk] EdwinGtz.4537[TTD] Hiraldo.7954[ODF] Seasniffer.1763[RED] Hunting.7615/Clovercubed.3017

I'm very happy you've managed to organise this blob-fest. Hopefully Anet will see that even with no where to do real gvgs, guilds are willing to blob against one another in a tournament to see who can ball best and out sustain the other ball.

If only there was some real gvg action in this game akin to Guild Wars, with guild lords, cap points, strategy, tactics, split teams- ahh, now that would be worth watching and joining in. How I loved countering tactics on the fly, or watching entire matches to see how other teams split, organised, flag runners, compositions, etc.

Watching two balls mash against each other after circling around each other then everyone wiping in two to ten seconds on a dead piece of ground isn't really that exciting as a spectator sport- but good luck to all those taking part. (yes, I am aware there are 'tactics' in these things, builds, compositions, positioning, timing, co ordination- but from outside without access to the team's voice comms, it's just not exciting).

Maybe one day we'll have proper gvg when Anet wake up and smell the roses....but I'm not holding my breath.

@Baldrick.8967 said:I'm very happy you've managed to organise this blob-fest. Hopefully Anet will see that even with no where to do real gvgs, guilds are willing to blob against one another in a tournament to see who can ball best and out sustain the other ball.

If only there was some real gvg action in this game akin to Guild Wars, with guild lords, cap points, strategy, tactics, split teams- ahh, now that would be worth watching and joining in. How I loved countering tactics on the fly, or watching entire matches to see how other teams split, organised, flag runners, compositions, etc.

Watching two balls mash against each other after circling around each other then everyone wiping in two to ten seconds on a dead piece of ground isn't really that exciting as a spectator sport- but good luck to all those taking part. (yes, I am aware there are 'tactics' in these things, builds, compositions, positioning, timing, co ordination- but from outside without access to the team's voice comms, it's just not exciting).

Maybe one day we'll have proper gvg when Anet wake up and smell the roses....but I'm not holding my breath.

GvG is great to participate in, but it definitely isn't a spectator sport. It's a simple, pure deathmatch, without a bunch of npcs or circles getting in the way.

What would be nice if once the vods are published from some of the players' points of view there's more interest from non-GvGers into joining some of the regular GvG guilds.

Archived