Season 1 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:I have to apologize, It looks like [PB] could not get enough guildies to compete in the GvG match, so it is a forfeit.But tomorrow is [Kryta] vs [Kpk] This matchup will start at 9pm EST. at Obsidian Sanctum!!!

Can't TBT & PB just reschedule? Are guilds allowed to reschedule if it's in a reasonable timeframe? Valentines day was probably not a good idea and they probably forgot about it when they scheduled it. or has PB just decided to forfeit completely?

@MadBomber.3719 said:

@Sir Bully Foot.9078 said:I have to apologize, It looks like [PB] could not get enough guildies to compete in the GvG match, so it is a forfeit.But tomorrow is [Kryta] vs [Kpk] This matchup will start at 9pm EST. at Obsidian Sanctum!!!

Can't TBT & PB just reschedule? Are guilds allowed to reschedule if it's in a reasonable timeframe? Valentines day was probably not a good idea and they probably forgot about it when they scheduled it. or has PB just decided to forfeit completely?

I tried to have them reschedule, unfortunately it seemed like they would rather forfeit, dunno

@MadBomber.3719 said:that's kinda disappointing they didnt show when they clearly have the roster size to pull 15, but im also not really surprised they backed out.

PB may have a roster of people that can pull 15, but I don't think they had a roster of people that would GvG on at that time. Like many other larger guilds...some are in it to win it, and some like to chill and relax when collecting bags. Gotta get the right people with the right mind. Plus, their main driver, the one that can really drive fights, was not going to be online.

But, I also was saddened to see them not go.

Maybe it's just me.. but I just wanted to make some suggestions to the shoutcasters that are involved in matches.

Please don't make a lot of unnecessary movements, sometimes moving side to side or jumping around can be distracting while trying to see the action playing out in front of you, people want to see a good view of the action in front of you, so also try to keep the camera at a decent level not completely zoomed out height type of thing. You don't see fans at stadiums moving side to side to see a live match or game, you don't see cameras moving side to side but on a tripod to track action like in hockey, so keep that in mind as you're trying to show the action to people watching.

It's also very difficult to see what's happening when both sides have red names and you're not really in close to see, the mm hate gvg was a little better because it was blue vs green, but red vs blue or red vs green would be good as well. I heard the explanation why this happened in the second match, but couldn't the caster just join one of the sides and sit on the side with a tonic form?

Having titles already adds to the jumble of names plus the bubbles, so try to keep the camera steady as much as possible so people can track players and the action better. Would the abbreviated nameplates work better to show sides? But I suppose that only works in OS. Forgive the noob questions here as I haven't been in or done much in the guild arena for like 2 years.

Thanks for doing the vids looking forward to seeing the other matches.

Archived