Season 1 WvW GvG NA Tournament

Sir Bully Foot.9078

@Waffle.3748 then why 30 on squad if only 15 were on the field???The comment was actually towards last match i ditnd stated, it was my fault for not stating it. what is done is done.Still... , 5-6 scourges and 5 FB's that more then 50% of the group composition.... with pure spam...

@Ubi.4136 , those are the type of builds and combos Anet must remove from game entirelly, they dont enhance the gameplay, tlhey rather make it more dull and more scrub friendly, the elite trait lines need to have its own entity more detailed w/o want to give almost everything to the players deppending from wich developer creates that elite trait, wich results some classes are to spam only, and other well need super duper power creep work, but arent usable on game wide while other are the oposite.

I joke and laugh alot by the team wide builds but i know it is not players fault, if one side goes gimmick the other side is forced to responde with same or more amount of FB/scourge, but that is a response itself to the pve aoe/ish design that Anet forces to the game gameplay.

Guys dont get me wrong has a nay sayer( well.. i actually am ._. but not because i dont like but cause this is not GvG at all, i know u guys are putting some effort on this ), but if there was 1 class that overstacked was OP this fights were just that gimmick, these tournaments made by players need more rules, while Anet does not support GvG nativelly.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Aeolus.3615 I don't think you quite understand how gvgs work friend. Your guild sends 15 to fight their 15. Squad size doesn't matter since only 15 per team per tournament rules. As far as class stacking goes I do wish there was a limit (to say like 5) of how much of 1 class you can bring, but to say gvg's are won by comp and class stacking and nothing else is such an ignorant statement. There is a player skill factor behind each of the 30 people participating that should be accounted for and I'm sure every single person playing in the tourney isn't running identical comps, builds, and strategys to moving on. It's about which group of individuals play their classes better and does more to win than the other guild does. For example if you put 15 GSCH vs 15 KEK and they had identical comps, clearly KEK would win do to player skill level and build diversity.

@FrodoBiggins.9184 said:@"Aeolus.3615" I don't think you quite understand how gvgs work friend. Your guild sends 15 to fight their 15. Squad size doesn't matter since only 15 per team per tournament rules. As far as class stacking goes I do wish there was a limit (to say like 5) of how much of 1 class you can bring, but to say gvg's are won by comp and class stacking and nothing else is such an ignorant statement. There is a player skill factor behind each of the 30 people participating that should be accounted for and I'm sure every single person playing in the tourney isn't running identical comps, builds, and strategys to moving on. It's about which group of individuals play their classes better and does more to win than the other guild does. For example if you put 15 GSCH vs 15 KEK and they had identical comps, clearly KEK would win do to player skill level and build diversity.

Visually for those who are watching party size with lots, isnt a good thing, it was a good effort of every one, bet next ones need to be more taken care.You guys need to be more restrictive :}

The players skill fact is to stay on tag or whoever is leading the group, and listen is all that is needed... the 1 class is a valid commend toward the class design that leads comps made sometimes of 50~70% of 2 specs, if there was 1 class that could do both well every wone would use it, so the comments stands and it is towards ANet class designing, it was not a comments towards players.

Good point on the "not every one runs the same build", well the variation is minimal, most even run the same gear stats for that class??Still 2 or 3 traits up and down, isnt the issue, the class stacking is, wich need to be changed in future to provide better and more diference on skillplay, wich should be one of the strong points about GvG.

Btw the only thing i dont like besides the build team comp, is that is clashing only nothing more, and that isnt that skillfull, but to fix this Anet needs to support the players and test some game mode based on the Gw1 GvG.Anet said in future they would possibly try something about GvG, let's HOPE something good apears after 6 years...

gvg can get creative.

mes invis by theives portaling to the enemy harassing contesting their revs and eles and necros.

portal bombs

unveiling invis by holosmith

everyone has a set of cele nights berserkers depending on what the first clash is.

coordinated regen cleanse etc.

it may seem easy but it is not. it's like a clock. each cog has a purpose and that single change in trait can give rise to a win or loss.

take my small team of 7. 3 revs 4 scourge. we beat 15 players if we get lucky. but doing so more than 5 times is skill.

we rotate barriers every 3 2nds, the cascade. and press rotate.pillar every 5 2nds. coordinated malyx cleanse and phase smash.

we still get pawned and then we change a few.classes. less scourge, 1 fb for support. less scourge 1 mes. eventually to fb rev rev scourge scourge chrono holo.

pretty fun.

of course this is small scale but not bad yeah?

we change class when we're countered. change trait when we need to melee or range. we change gear if we're too tanky.

like a small change of scourge 111 to 131 can end with a win or loss against the enemy.

a change between spite or curse to bloodmagic can spell the difference between revivi I on the spot to pulling our guy to us.

a small change from fb 333 to 313 can spell the speed of our cleansing. and chosing com def from valor to having virtues instead, has its own effect too.

like spell breaker 333 is good when many are downed but 133 is good when you need to hold them - works well with fb 313 and then going damage on guard can spell the difference between many lock downs or no support. =)

i can only imagine what goes on the minds of those with more ppl.

must support 15v15. =)

@"Aeolus.3615" said:

Visually for those who are watching party size with lots, isnt a good thing, it was a good effort of every one, bet next ones need to be more taken care.You guys need to be more restrictive :}

The players skill fact is to stay on tag or whoever is leading the group, and listen is all that is needed... the 1 class is a valid commend toward the class design that leads comps made sometimes of 50~70% of 2 specs, if there was 1 class that could do both well every wone would use it, so the comments stands and it is towards ANet class designing, it was not a comments towards players.

Good point on the "not every one runs the same build", well the variation is minimal, most even run the same gear stats for that class??Still 2 or 3 traits up and down, isnt the issue, the class stacking is, wich need to be changed in future to provide better and more diference on skillplay, wich should be one of the strong points about GvG.

Btw the only thing i dont like besides the build team comp, is that is clashing only nothing more, and that isnt that skillfull, but to fix this Anet needs to support the players and test some game mode based on the Gw1 GvG.Anet said in future they would possibly try something about GvG, let's HOPE something good apears after 6 years...

The tournament has been 15v15 for a while, just because people want to get their whole guild in the instance doesn't mean anything. Nobody needs to restrict anything but the numbers that are currently fighting, and that is done well enough. If someone thinks a 30man squad is fighting when there are only 15 in the arena and a whole lot outside, they aren't paying attention.

Player skill comes down to a lot more than just listening and positioning, if you think otherwise I can't help you. For example, most times scourge is taken for a damage role, but most guilds also use one or more for support (transfusion!). So the scourge has at least 2 purposes, with a lot of difference in playstyle and gearset/traits.

You also don't seem to like the team deathmatch mode in use. That's fine and all, but there are no other tools to use in the WvW ruleset (where most GvG players and guilds spend their time) so it's not really an issue that can be tackled at the moment. Just because all you are doing is killing each other doesn't mean player skill does not come into account. You seem to have a very bad view of how GvG works if so.

I think the main problem is that Gw2 is just not a very good spectator game. So while you may think the uninformed onlookers are posting gibberish and probably can't avoid getting one pushed in anything besides posting on a forum and even that's debatable, it can be quite hard to learn about what's going on. It doesn't help that fights can end quickly and snowballs also sorta ruin the spectator appeal.

That being said, great job on all sides for making a lot of whatever little Anet has given them. There were some really close ones in the quarterfinals and hopefully the finals will be even more spectacular.

Hello Everyone,TONIGHT OFFICIALLY STARTS THE SEMI-FINALS!!!

We have another great GvG happening!![TTD] vs [RED] it will be at 1030pm est. at the Guild Hall, Should be an exciting matchup!!! Much anticipated matchup!!!

We will have Roy streaming and Gregor casting along side!!https://www.twitch.tv/roy__

Here is your updated Bracket:http://challonge.com/y72gwjzqHere is the updated Schedule:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-uZon51OQhce1QjIrTqALMBaxIxBRRXOTzUkjpx7fw4/edit#gid=0

And if you missed the previous GvG matches or you wanted to see them again, the link below will take you to our YouTube Channelhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4xWuOAgxJxe-yx4xSCQVA

Hello Everyone,TONIGHT OFFICIALLY ENDS THE SEMI-FINALS!!!

We have another great GvG happening!![TBT] vs [TAG] it will be at 10pm est, Should be an exciting matchup!!! Another much anticipated matchup!!!

We will have Nalivan streaming and Roy casting along side!!https://www.twitch.tv/nalivan

Here is your updated Bracket:http://challonge.com/y72gwjzqHere is the updated Schedule:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-uZon51OQhce1QjIrTqALMBaxIxBRRXOTzUkjpx7fw4/edit#gid=0

And if you missed the previous GvG matches or you wanted to see them again, the link below will take you to our YouTube Channelhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4xWuOAgxJxe-yx4xSCQVA

Can we possibly discuss changing the casters next season? The current two are very inexperienced and makes the fights very difficult to understand from a spectators stand point.

Not only that but if you watch professional casters the flow is much more fluid. And they don't constantly attempt to yell over eachother.

@"Reflex.5286" said:,Can we possibly discuss changing the casters next season? The current two are very inexperienced and makes the fights very difficult to understand from a spectators stand point.

Not only that but if you watch professional casters the flow is much more fluid. And they don't constantly attempt to yell over eachother.

It m8 not be much of the caster issue, but rather the gameplay itself, to much hapening to fast on those clashes, to much to talk about in just 2 sec to cover it.. when another event needs to be covered, due how spammy the game is.On PvP esl stuff it ddidnt matter how good the casters were some situations would lead to the caster commenting something like "he loss.. ..oh and hi is down, that was a lot of damage and blue team has another player downed" due the nature of "hp on/off gameplay".

Game-play itself does not help casters even how good they are, or they keep talking on what happened and stop commenting what is happening once in a while, or they explein what happened n the 2 sec for the next 10 sec and alot of stuff is lost maybe even match is over....

Hello Everyone,

Saturday will conclude Season 1 with two of the best Guilds in NA.For the Finals Match we have Ten Toes Down [TTD] vs The Avant Garde [TAG]This will be the most anticipated matchup and should be an awesome display of skills and showcase what makes them the Top 2 Guilds in NA!This matchup will start Saturday at 10 pm est.

We will have an All Star Streaming Team!!At the helm we will have Roy streaming, followed by Gregor and Nalivan casting along side!!!
Get on the Stream early!! There will be some great pre-game analysis, predictions, and chat around this match up!Also, there will be some huge giveaways, to include Gold, Gems, and even a Legendary Weapon!!!!! Don't miss your chance!https://www.twitch.tv/roy__

And finally, as the Tournament concludes, I want to thank all that watched the streams and supported this Tournament. I want to thank the Guilds who participated, I want to thank my Streamers: Roy, Nalivan, Gregor, and Diviniya who streamed and casted during this tournament!! And lastly, I want to thank Booch, who helped me coordinate all this and was my right hand man behind the scenes. If it wasn't for Booch's help, none of this could happen!! SO CHEERS!!

SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY!!

Here is your updated Bracket:http://challonge.com/y72gwjzq

Here is the updated Schedule:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-uZon51OQhce1QjIrTqALMBaxIxBRRXOTzUkjpx7fw4/edit#gid=0

Archived