Chaotic Transference build?

MrMojoRisin.7364

Think of it as this, in default this trait give you additional 100 Condi Damage. Small boost but noticable. When you get Toughness maybe through Trailblazer Gear for example you get an additional 140~ Condi Damage. In terms of PvE, 140 and additional tankiness vs loss of 1200~ Power and 600~ Precision, so its not worth it if youre going for that in PvE

@Refia Montes.3205 said:Think of it as this, in default this trait give you additional 100 Condi Damage. Small boost but noticable. When you get Toughness maybe through Trailblazer Gear for example you get an additional 140~ Condi Damage. In terms of PvE, 140 and additional tankiness vs loss of 1200~ Power and 600~ Precision, so its not worth it if youre going for that in PvE

PvE defo not worth it!

P.S. It’s somewhere in the 170s range.

@MrMojoRisin.7364 said:So it works??

Yup, but it might be better or worse depending on what you focus on. If you want to go toughness + condi damage build (ie dire, trailblazer), then this trait is going to give you quite a bit of condi damage. Builds like this are survivable and definitely good for solo wvw. They probably aren't top tier dps in high end pve, but they are nice for open world imo.If you play Mirage, Staff might be worth a shot for these builds as it deals very little power damage anyway, so not taking power stat on your gear should not impact your dps too much. Just guessing.

tl:dr Yes it works. It's always some bonus damage after all.

Even if you do stack toughness I'm not sure that trait is really worth it, unless you focus on long term DPS (ie. Boss fights) since by taking it it means you are droping Illusions which improve your cooldowns and give you extra torment and confusion when you shatter.

@Curunen.8729 said:Tbh I only go chaos for two things - Manipulations trait and Staff trait.

For anything else as Mikel said you're better off going with Illusions and increasing condi application on shatters, etc.

That sounds about right for me. I use illusions for increased burst on torch and shatters, then switch over to chaos for bosses. If I'm not using a reflect setup, the chaos storm on heal using staff as a ranged backup and taking the staff trait in the second tier gives you easy access to plenty of protection. I find this useful in fights where I expect to take damage spikes here and there. However, it often isn't necessary and in that scenario (or when using the reflect setup) I would take the extra condi damage from toughness.

So basically the three variants I use:

Reflect - Chaos/dueling/mirage with mirror heal and reflect on evade and manipulations.Sustained Damage - Chaos/dueling/mirage with chaos storm on heal and either the staff trait (extra defense) or condi damage from toughness (extra offense).Burst - Illusions/dueling/mirage with traits to boost shatters and torch skills.

Archived