Seriously considering quitting GW2. (Bria event bug)

pingu.5846

It's obvious that A-net doesn't care about bug reports, or people being stuck. The Bria event has, from what I gather, been bugged for weeks, maybe even months, stopping people from progressing in LS S2.

I came back to GW2 when PoF released, and was really looking forward to playing through all of the content leading up to PoF for the first time. But I don't have all the time in the world, so when a simple event bug is stopping me from progressing, and it doesn't get fixed for a month, then what is the point? I don't have time or interest in standing around for days/weeks/months to wait for something I would think was a quick-fix - only to see that A-net doesn't care at all.

I've made in-game bug reports, and I've tried contacting support with no luck - if this doesn't get fixed, then GW2 gets uninstalled. It may be childish, or stupid, but being the story-fanatic that I am, this really pisses me off!!

@pingu.5846 said:It's obvious that A-net doesn't care about bug reports, or people being stuck. The Bria event has, from what I gather, been bugged for weeks, maybe even months, stopping people from progressing in LS S2.Hmm, weird then that I passed that event two weeks ago... The event needs to be fixed, I agree, it can apparently bug out. But it's not bugged always or everywhere. If you're in instance where it's bugged, try to get into another one. During a ley-line event would be the easiest, or just use the LFG tool.

I do agree with one thing: if you make an event required for progress in a personal story, be sure to create it such that it simply cannot get stuck. At least they changed one thing: you don't need to do the event, the only thing that is required is that the event is not active...

Yeah, I saw that some people managed to find a way to get past it, but I also read that it didn't always work. I just feel like it should work, especially since it's required to progress the story.

Ruins the game for me when I have to WORK to make progress that should be straight forward.

Okay, so this was actually pretty easy to fix, and didn't take long at all. Guess the community makes up for A-nets ignorance.

All I did was go to LFG, and advertise myself as "LF map where Bria event works (Iron Marches)" - and a few minutes later I had done the event and completed the LS quest!

There are a bunch of events that get stalled regularly, for various reasons that are hard to pin down (see below). None of these need to permanently stall anyone. You just have to park a toon and keep trying to get into a map where it's not stalled. There are a couple of ways to make that more likely to happen (unfortunately, none are guaranteed):

• Immediately after a patch: the map is fresh and it's very unlikely for events to stall
  • Guesting to a different world
  • Joining the party of someone with a different home world after they enter the map (if there are multiple instances, there's a decent chance you'll be in different ones).
  • On days in which that map is the target for the 4-event daily or if that map includes a popular side story or other meta event.
  • Just parking a toon at the event location and swapping to that character whenever you have a free 10-15 minutes. (although takes under a minute to check)

Part of the reason why ANet has trouble fixing these is that they can't replicate the conditions under which they stall. The reasons aren't necessarily the same even for the same event in the same map instance. And bug reports tend to say little more than, "I arrived, didn't see NPC X at location Y" or "NPC W was at location Z and wasn't moving." That's rarely enough to go on to figure out the underlying cause.

You can help ANet, if you have time by:

• Using the in-game /bug reporting tool. That provides a good snapshot of what's going on at the moment of the report.
  • Include details, such as: how long where you in the map? Were you around for any pre-events and did they go off okay? How many people were around? How quickly were foes killed? What was the NPC doing right before they got stuck?
  • Sometimes it can help to also send in a Support ticket, because there's not enough room to describe everything you found out and/or show relevant images (or you can post those in the forums).

We don't work for ANet, so we're all volunteers when it comes to bug reporting. Each of us should only do as much as we have time for. However, the more data you can give to ANet, the more likely it is they can track down the underlying issues and prevent the bug from recurring.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

• Guesting to a different world

Thank you for the tip, it worked for me! I should have think about it earlier...I guested in a different world (Seafarer's Rest) and there the event was done and I could take the 3rd piece to continue LW S2. :)Hopefully they will fix it soon, it's quite an infuriating bug when you need it to continue your story.

@Arckange.8251 said:

• Guesting to a different worldThank you for the tip, it worked for me! I should have think about it earlier...I guested in a different world (Seafarer's Rest) and there the event was done and I could take the 3rd piece to continue LW S2. :)Hopefully they will fix it soon, it's quite an infuriating bug when you need it to continue your story.

Super. Glad to hear it worked for you.

When I use the guesting technique, I sort the worlds by 'population' and choose one of the ones that is full. (This is less reliable than in the past for a variety of reasons; I use it still since I don't have a 20-sided die anymore with which to make the somewhat-arbitrary choice.)

Archived