Damage in WvW needs nerf

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@X T D.6458 said:Yea Mesmer burst damage is ridiculous, and has been for some time. Anet continues to buff their damage while stealth is still unbalanced and broken, power creep is still unbalanced and broken. Balance department doesn't know what they are doing and doesn't care about wvw.

Mesmer power burst and mirage condi application is way over the top.Firebrand healing and sustain is way too powerful.Thief still broken because of stealth spam.Holosmith damage is way over the top.Warriors are still broken in small scale.Rev is a poorly constructed class, and power damage is over the top.Necro is mostly forced into one poorly designed spec.Ele still garbage.

Stealth is broken as always.CC spammed like crazy, like always.

GG balance department, keep up the fabulous job.

Whut nothing about Soulbeast? sob

My poor lowly (not condi) Soulbeast is hanging his nasty head low. Ya I hit that thief who ganked me from behind today. Shame on him.. Yep one of the hits was a solid 13k smash, after hitting him with a combo that took his health half down... the merged pet smash dropped him to the ground and it was all over in about 3 seconds. And I bet he was giggling because he got me to half health before I hit back... poor guy. Same goes for the gold DH that obviously finger fumbled as he lept at me and dropped his traps... oh wait I dodged? hehe...

Darn spellbreakers/warriors and mesmer/holo's (when played by good players) are still my worst success rate. But this new Soulbeast setup has me hunting thiefs now instead of ducking. But my most favorite class to hunt is all flavors of Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast. Something very satisfying about pealing their skin off super quick without a touch of condi.... so much for condi clear! BAM

I'm old so although I don't win near as much 1v1 as I should because my reaction sucks it's still damn fun. Everything is broken... so just go have fun! That's all that counts.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@X T D.6458 said:Yea Mesmer burst damage is ridiculous, and has been for some time. Anet continues to buff their damage while stealth is still unbalanced and broken, power creep is still unbalanced and broken. Balance department doesn't know what they are doing and doesn't care about wvw.

Mesmer power burst and mirage condi application is way over the top.Firebrand healing and sustain is way too powerful.Thief still broken because of stealth spam.Holosmith damage is way over the top.Warriors are still broken in small scale.Rev is a poorly constructed class, and power damage is over the top.Necro is mostly forced into one poorly designed spec.Ele still garbage.

Stealth is broken as always.CC spammed like crazy, like always.

GG balance department, keep up the fabulous job.

Whut nothing about Soulbeast?
sob

My poor lowly (not condi) Soulbeast is hanging his nasty head low. Ya I hit that thief who ganked me from behind today. Shame on him.. Yep one of the hits was a solid 13k smash, after hitting him with a combo that took his health half down... the merged pet smash dropped him to the ground and it was all over in about 3 seconds. And I bet he was giggling because he got me to half health before I hit back... poor guy. Same goes for the gold DH that obviously finger fumbled as he lept at me and dropped his traps... oh wait I dodged? hehe...

Darn spellbreakers/warriors and mesmer/holo's (when played by good players) are still my worst success rate. But this new Soulbeast setup has me hunting thiefs now instead of ducking. But my most favorite class to hunt is all flavors of Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast. Something very satisfying about pealing their skin off super quick without a touch of condi.... so much for condi clear! BAM

I'm old so although I don't win near as much 1v1 as I should because my reaction sucks it's still kitten fun. Everything is broken... so just go have fun! That's all that counts.

Well now that you bring it up, maybe lowering some of the stat increases from being in Beastmode, but I don't really have many problems with them when compared to other more problematic specs. The main issue I have with rangers is too much immobilize spamming, I really hate that it can be stacked, highest duration I have seen is around 15 seconds.

X T D.6458 , a aguardian,. my issues are the unblockable uptimes, if aegis worked like gw1 it would make sense the unblockable uptime some classes can have on gw2 :<cause 10 sec of unblockables is literally a "kill" for sure, with no counter play, all my choice is a blind 2 dodge and try to play a build to carry me with mode damage than target in lesser time.... tho game is made to carry players on offensive, reason we have alot of things like spam imob, easy access to damage etc.All should be playig ofensive in 2 seconds matches... every one would look pro this way...

IMO damage needs to be more single targets towards player skill rather than cleave and aoe spamable to help the badies, then check if damage needs to be reduced.

@"Bigsexy.8302" said:ygkpsgK.pngW7ihZE2.pngrYvKPGX.pngwByg9MC.pngwobi6sS.png

Always nice to get hit like a truck from a 1200 range AUTO attack when you have 2.9-3.0k armor.And it's nice that walls are useful. Mike O'Brien surely fixed WvW with his overhaul.This is why I don't play this parody of a game anymore.

Thumbs up! Buff walls! 2xthicker. I'd enjoy seeing a buff like that implemented. Cause bigger aoe's calls for thicker walls. Would be a point in placing defensive siege again then. Although in reality they are much more likely to make aoe's smaller again as it is less work. But what will happen is NOTHING as that is even less work.

Easiest way would be to just increase vitality for everyone in WvW, maybe a +30% Vitality permanent buff. The time to kill value is pretty difficult to get right, always someone will want it shorter or longer, but should allow a bit of counterplay in a game mode like this.

The power creep is real tho, I used to main TB thief in wvw. Since late last year I converted to Viper's/Carrion Dual pistols cus it just melts with the power creep. I do miss my 20khp but the damage is too real on hybrid. I mean, im not 17k backstabbing anybody, but it still packs a punch.

• 1 month later...

Archived