good things I see in pvp

montecristo.1324

I'm not a pro player but I like very much to play pvp and I play it since the first day of gw2 and back in gw1. I know that the new specs have some new mechanics that hurts people but I want to share my opinion about that.First of all I like very very much the shape the game is taking, ele necro engi and ranger now have their true dps spec and especially ele (fa weaver) necro and soulbeast needs a support in order to keep them alive.This is the second thing I really like of this new charges, the way most of the classes depends on the others in order to win something.I know that's not really true because we still play hybrid classes, I play sword weaver myself, but I think it depends on the game type.And it is the last thing I like more. The new classes and some of the old classes depends so much each other and are so op if collaborating that if we put them in a new 5v5 system we should have a nice new type of pvp. I know what happened with stronghold, I'm not asking for a new type of pvp, but think one second to play an old gw1 gvg with a druid or a sword weaver as a flagger, one fb as healer, and then your choice of dps/cc. It can work I think... Or maybe not, because of the community that usually complain about everything.I suggest everyone to try to accept the new things and see the good and try to highlight it. And I say it from a sword weaver point of view!

TLDR. I think the new specs can be used to improve team play, I like the new changes despite some things that's needs some little changes. And maybe with all this teamwork stronghold or something similar to the old gw1 gvg can outshine conquest (even if I love it)

Thank you for your opinion and don't get salty! From the last of the noobs that play in plat1 and everyday focus on keep it spot out of the gold league :) and sorry for my bad English!!

Parsing what you are saying: We're moving back toward a "holy trinity" situation. I have mixed feelings about that as a solo pvp player. On the one hand, I play GW1 as a Monk regularly,( in the present time, ) and enjoy the healer role. It would be lovely to see GW2 move away from the "Swiss Army Knife" class that can do everything. More team play in that way might be fun.

On the other hand, being forced to play on a team would kill the pvp experience for me. I have no desire to play schoolyard politics, "pick me," to get into a match. Also, may The Six forbid that PvP become like raids... That sort of extreme team play would reduce the PvP population below sustainable in my opinion.

@montecristo.1324 said:I'm not a pro player but I like very much to play pvp and I play it since the first day of gw2 and back in gw1. I know that the new specs have some new mechanics that hurts people but I want to share my opinion about that.First of all I like very very much the shape the game is taking, ele necro engi and ranger now have their true dps spec and especially ele (fa weaver) necro and soulbeast needs a support in order to keep them alive.This is the second thing I really like of this new charges, the way most of the classes depends on the others in order to win something.I know that's not really true because we still play hybrid classes, I play sword weaver myself, but I think it depends on the game type.And it is the last thing I like more. The new classes and some of the old classes depends so much each other and are so op if collaborating that if we put them in a new 5v5 system we should have a nice new type of pvp. I know what happened with stronghold, I'm not asking for a new type of pvp, but think one second to play an old gw1 gvg with a druid or a sword weaver as a flagger, one fb as healer, and then your choice of dps/cc. It can work I think... Or maybe not, because of the community that usually complain about everything.I suggest everyone to try to accept the new things and see the good and try to highlight it. And I say it from a sword weaver point of view!

TLDR. I think the new specs can be used to improve team play, I like the new changes despite some things that's needs some little changes. And maybe with all this teamwork stronghold or something similar to the old gw1 gvg can outshine conquest (even if I love it)

Thank you for your opinion and don't get salty! From the last of the noobs that play in plat1 and everyday focus on keep it spot out of the gold league :) and sorry for my bad English!!

Agree with everything, my friend.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Parsing what you are saying: We're moving back toward a "holy trinity" situation. I have mixed feelings about that as a solo pvp player. On the one hand, I play GW1 as a Monk regularly,( in the present time, ) and enjoy the healer role. It would be lovely to see GW2 move away from the "Swiss Army Knife" class that can do everything. More team play in that way might be fun.

On the other hand, being forced to play on a team would kill the pvp experience for me. I have no desire to play schoolyard politics, "pick me," to get into a match. Also, may The Six forbid that PvP become like raids... That sort of extreme team play would reduce the PvP population below sustainable in my opinion.

I've never played GW1, but i'm sure you can be a healer on today's pvp playing a Firebrand or a Druid, maybe Ele have some kind of healing build too.

So what if there are builds like these if little to none plays them? However, those classes that are labeled on metabattle as great and good are truly those that are somehow balance, because they give one powerful thing and perhaps something else that is minor but not on the level of, for example, druid's sustain, damage, mobility which makes it easy mode to play.With those other builds you actually have to TRY to win a fight and take risks instead of, as mentioned above, being a swiss army knife and being able to shake off every inconvenience as it is seen fit. However, even with trinity there will be imbalances, but they will be easier to look into and balance them further if we know what a class can do at given moment. Still, the other issue are hybrid ammys. In other games if we implemented hybrid stats for classes that are good at one or two things, they wouldn't benefit from it much if at all.In GW2 classes that have access in one build to a wide variety of sets of skills that can be improved with stats, they will get stronger even further. The best example is druid, who has a huge healing output with mender along with decent damage coming from weapons and pet, now if we add the mobility and escape mechanics, top tier druids are unkillable no matter the circumstances - and this is bad design. I really wonder and I am eager to see what would happen if hybrid amulets were turned off for some time, perhaps with elite specs as well to see how it fares. I'd love to see all those players who have to struggle and in fact try harder to win a fight, not being able to rely shenanigans and skills that allow more than they should.

@Tyrion.9015 said:They have to go back to the holy trinity and more mmo-style pvp, not a MOBA style in a MMO, that's stupid. They had the best PVP in GW1, implement it in this game and make profit!

I whole wholeheartedly disagree. Especially right before PoF where HoT had some of the best balances we've seen yet. I'm optimistic that PoF will eventually get there just as how HoT did.

@Saiyan.1704 said:

@Tyrion.9015 said:They have to go back to the holy trinity and more mmo-style pvp, not a MOBA style in a MMO, that's stupid. They had the best PVP in GW1, implement it in this game and make profit!

I whole wholeheartedly disagree. Especially right before PoF where HoT had some of the best balances we've seen yet. I'm optimistic that PoF will eventually get there just as how HoT did.

Exactly!

@Saiyan.1704 said:

I disagree. Core Rev was next to useless before PoF and Herald was arguably weak but playable; the expac managed to destroy core Rev and nerf even more Herald without providing a single usable thing to my class (not the new legend, the new traitline or the new weapon are used in PvP at all). Someway the expansion was able to 1) nerf previous Rev builds 2) release new hard counters classes which eat us alive and 3) provide nothing useful in exchange. That's an amazing track record for a single expac.

@Buran.3796 said:

I disagree. Core Rev was next to useless before PoF and Herald was arguably weak
but playable

I'm not talking about X amount of builds that were or were not playable. I'm saying every class except, i think Ranger, were actually viable in all Divisions and Tournaments. That was darn near a new record for Anet because we never had a game that balanced since I could remember.

Archived