Optimal Day to Transfer Worlds

What day of the week would minimize the blackout period for earning skirmish tickets?

I'm having trouble finding the current rule (if it's on the wiki, I can't find it at World, Skirmish Reward Track, W-Reward Track, or WvW). If I recall correctly, we have to wait at least one week and miss out on the entirety least one match.

Based on my long-term study of ANet Consistency™, my best guess is that means the ideal time is Thursday night/Friday morning, after ticking out. That means missing out on the This Friday to Next Friday match up, which is also a week, for a total of 7-8 days. In contrast, transferring on Saturday would mean losing out on tix through the current match and the entire next match, i.e. a total of closer to 12-13 days.

I worry if am I mis-remembering the rules or if I'm missing some other wizardry imposed by the game's mechanics that would make a different day better.(I realize it's only a week, but that's like telling me that using ascended gear only boosts my stats 3-5%: it's not much and I still want them all.)

Thanks in advance for your help or experience.

Theoretically we are currently five Fridays from the next relinking also (Feb 23rd). So if you're planning on transferring this Thursday or Friday morning and you go to a guest server (or even a host), after the penality week, you'd only have 3 weeks worth of tickets before servers are shuffled again and shuffling could produce a worse result. Just something to consider :)

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Theoretically we are currently five Fridays from the next relinking also (Feb 23rd). So if you're planning on transferring this Thursday or Friday morning and you go to a guest server (or even a host), after the penality week, you'd only have 3 weeks worth of tickets before servers are shuffled again and shuffling could produce a worse result. Just something to consider :)

Right, good point. It's probably going to be a while before I'd move. I've been on my current world since just after launch: while it's logical to move, I'm not quite ready to pull the plug. I do want to make sure I have the mechanics right so once I make the decision, I can implement quickly rather than miss the window.

Thanks, @HazyDaisy.4107 and thanks @Optimator.3589 for your help.(@Optimator.3589 — name checks out ;) )

In order to get pips on a new server, you need to be considered a "Citizen". This requires you to be on that server for an entire matchup meaning the start of Friday's reset to the end of the matchup when reset occurs again. So the best time to transfer and reduce the amount of days you are penalized, is right before reset.

Archived