Disconnecting Randomly (Client Crash)

I've spent the last month away from my apartment and turned off the router before I left. There were no issues with connectivity at or before that point. I come back and turn the router back on, I have internet connection but I get random dropouts when I have GW2 on. I haven't found any other times when the connection drops, only when the GW2 client is on.

This seems to be happening roughly every 15-30min when the GW2 client is active. What happens is the wireless connection to my PC from the router will make the sound as if it's been disconnected, show that it HAS been disconnected, if only briefly, and then immediately reconnect. The connection won't reset otherwise, regardless of whatever else is running that utilises internet capability. This has only happened since I've returned.

I've tried repositioning the router for a better 4G signal (yeah it's wireless, I can't do anything about that), done speedtests to make sure it's got a solid connection and that the ping isn't unreasonable, also testing for jitter as that can make the signal go funny; but before the Christmas holidays it was working near-flawlessly. I don't understand what's changed.

So I'm in need of some out-of-the-box lateral thinking here, something or anything I haven't thought of yet that would attribute to the connection/game's current unsteady state.

So I've deduced that the crashes happen (quite bizarrely) coincidentally at the same time as my wireless 4G signal goes out. I've been onto my phone provider who uses the local (Optus) tower hardware. Funny thing is that my phone and my router are both 4G and both get the same signal from the same hardware. So when I get a dropout on my router, I usually get one on my phone as well.

The signal strength has been poor at best; less than 50% signal to EITHER the phone or the router. Most times (this year) I've seen the router and phone with only one bar on each of them, and when you look at how close I am in proximity to the hardware I'm getting the signal from (literally just across the street, ~100m away) and that the signal was near flawless last year, It has me scratching my head as to what's going on.

Archived