Am I crazy or stupid?

Madisonlee.9641

I can't get my water fields to give me regen when I projectile finish on them. I tried healing spring and sublime conversion using SB and it keeps popping up "Regeneration" a bunch of times so I know I'm activating it, but I get 0 regen both confirmed by lack of icon in buffs and lack of healing in combat log.

EXPRAIN

I AM CONFUSION

edit: in SPvP mists btw

@Fluffball.8307 said:Projectiles through water give your allies they hit regen, not you.

This! It's like that for any field + projectile finisher (and whirl finishers as well?). It creates a projectile that has the displayed effect, and only applies said effect to what it hits.If you manage to fire an arrow at something else and stand in front of it, you probably could get the finisher's effect tho...

@Ziooo.8932 said:If you manage to fire an arrow at something else and stand in front of it, you probably could get the finisher's effect tho...

Would be interesting to try. DH could do that with LB and a tele. Can't immediately think of any other class that could do it. Is mesmer GS 4 a projectile?

Edit: Oh staff ele of course. SB thief, hammer rev, staff necro with wurm. NM, I wasn't thinking. Someone try this for science.

@Fluffball.8307 said:

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:wait....does this mean if I used say--- the trap heal, and activated it--- while using rapid fire--and 4 of my teammates are directly in front of me, that I would give each one of them Regen?

Yup. You can also condi clear the same way through light fields.

well shit ....I don't know how likely it is I would EVER do this in a fight, but wow... "heres regen for you, and you and and ... you"

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"Fluffball.8307" said:Yup. You can also condi clear the same way through light fields.

well kitten ....I don't know how likely it is I would EVER do this in a fight, but wow... "heres regen for you, and you and and ... you"

It's not something you're going to go totally out of your way to do, but it happens pretty frequently; now that you know what's happening you'll notice it all the time and can occasionally make some leet plays with condi clears or just topping people off.

Archived