POF guild hall BUff

hey there was just wondering why pof only players cant access the buffs in the guild hall, i mean they are guild buffs....in the guild hall.....in the pof map....but its telling me i need to purchase the hot expansion to use them. it doesnt seem fair to me. This only effects an alt account for me but lots of new people attracted to the game from the new expansion that have currently only purchased pof so why should they be locked out of a guild hall benefit.

@SleepyGamer.5748 said:oh sorry Windswept Haven must be a figment of my imaginiation

A new guild hall was introduced with PoF to be claimed but that didn’t impact all of the existing restrictions for players without HoT in regards to access guild hall features.

There should be another AMA within the next few weeks. Ask Anet then why they have not given all players access to guild buffs which is something everyone had before HoT.

Guild Halls are still a HoT feature whether or not they added 0, 1, or 10 with PoF. Core should be able to access the guild buffs at the tavern, but they can't, and if you are PoF only (which of course comes with core game), it's once again because you don't have HoT. That part is dumb, core should be able to access, but until Anet changes it, there is no need to have what comes across as a snide response to what was a real, actual answer to your question of 'Why'.

@SleepyGamer.5748 said:oh sorry Windswept Haven must be a figment of my imaginiation

The energy used to generate this degree of sass could have been better spent following up on your original question in the matter that you could have restated that you have access to the guild hall, but you do not have access to the buffs provided by the Guild Tavern.

The answer is simply put, you cannot utilize Guild Hall features such as buffs or use the guild teleporter (unless someone activates it) unless you have the HoT expansion which was the expansion in which Guild Halls were first introduced. Similar to how Central Tyrian Mastery (not sure if this is still a thing) and HoT Masteries cannot be unlocked until you get into the HoT expansion.

First I am sorry if my reply came across as abrupt it was in reply to an abrupt response to my post. Purely saying that they are not a pof feature when they clearly are a part of pof by including one in the maps.I find it completely understandable that stuff like hot masteries ore hot specific things wont be available.I just dont see why because guild halls were introduced with hot that a lot of the features need to be locked of unless you have it.revenants were introduced with hot but my pof account can make one those.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Guild halls are a HoT feature and Anet hasn’t changed their mind on that.

Except a lot of those buffs existed pre-HoT and were locked for players that didn't buy HoT. I actually didn't realize this wasn't available for people without HoT.Not having it available to F2P and people that didn't buy expansions is already a bad idea, this? This is just ridiculous.

Guild buffs should be available to all members of a guild. Not constrained by anything else.It's actually detrimental. I've had several F2P players that where excited about the buff NPC and the guild message detailing the unlocked bonuses, only to be dismayed to realize they're locked to them.What's worse is a lot of players make the conscious decision not to buy expansions until they reach lvl 80, and for a big part, the guild exp and karma bonuses would be of good use to those players more than anyone else.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Guild halls are a HoT feature and Anet hasn’t changed their mind on that.

Except a lot of those buffs existed pre-HoT and were locked for players that didn't buy HoT. I actually didn't realize this wasn't available for people without HoT.Not having it available to F2P and people that didn't buy expansions is already a bad idea, this? This is just ridiculous.

Guild buffs should be available to all members of a guild. Not constrained by anything else.It's actually detrimental. I've had several F2P players that where excited about the buff NPC and the guild message detailing the unlocked bonuses, only to be dismayed to realize they're locked to them.What's worse is a lot of players make the conscious decision not to buy expansions until they reach lvl 80, and for a big part, the guild exp and karma bonuses would be of good use to those players more than anyone else.

I know that they did. I’m not saying that I agree with Anet on locking content players originally had access to behind another paywall but just explaining to the OP how it currently is and what their likely course of action is to get some insight as to why it is like that.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I know that they did. I’m not saying that I agree with Anet on locking content players originally had access to behind another paywall but just explaining to the OP how it currently is and what their likely course of action is to get some insight as to why it is like that.

No, as far as i know there hasn't been a statement from Arena Net saying that "it's HoT content, so it's locked for HoT". As far as i know, it was leftover spaghetti code that didn't get addressed, because, lets face it, Guilds are the last thing in Arena Net's mind atm.So you're giving your own personal, correct or not, perspective on the facts, that is not only apologetic of what is, arguably a detrimental practice if it's intended. Or dismissive of what might me an oversight. Causing players to gain an unwarranted negative opinion of Arena Net, since according to your explanation, what might be a probable oversight can be construed as malice.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

No, as far as i know there hasn't been a statement from Arena Net saying that "it's HoT content, so it's locked for HoT". As far as i know, it was leftover spaghetti code that didn't get addressed, because, lets face it, Guilds are the last thing in Arena Net's mind atm.So you're giving your own personal, correct or not, perspective on the facts, that is not only apologetic of what is, arguably a detrimental practice if it's intended. Or dismissive of what might me an oversight. Causing players to gain an unwarranted negative opinion of Arena Net, since according to your explanation, what might be a probable oversight can be construed as malice.

Incorrect. They got moved to features that are only available to those that have HoT. You cannot dispute that.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Incorrect. They got moved to features that are only available to those that have HoT. You cannot dispute that.

When it was "moved" to HoT exclusive, HoT was the only expansion, so it was the only condition for getting the buffs.Mock code would be something like:

if (ownsHoT) allowBuff();

To allow for expansions it should become:

if (ownsHoT || ownsPoF) allowBuff();

or if they actually have a ownsExpansion:

if(ownsExpansion) allowBuff();

The reason for not having it available can be just that they forgot to update that code for the new expansion, doesn't mean that it's "HoT exclusive", especially because Windswept isn't "HoT exlcusive". So what's more likely? They forgot to update a line of code in a feature not really on their tracker, or that they intentionally marked Guild Buffs as "hot exclusive"?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

When it was "moved" to HoT exclusive, HoT was the only expansion, so it was the only condition for getting the buffs.Mock code would be something like:if (ownsHoT) allowBuff();To allow for expansions it should become:if (ownsHoT "or" ownsPoF) allowBuff();or if they actually have a ownsExpansion:if(ownsExpansion) allowBuff();

The reason for not having it available can be just that they forgot to update that code for the new expansion, doesn't mean that it's "HoT exclusive", especially because Windswept isn't "HoT exlcusive". So what's more likely? They forgot to update a line of code in a feature not really on their tracker, or that they intentionally marked Guild Buffs as "hot exclusive"?

They’re HoT features just like how you’re required to have HoT to claim any of the guild halls. The PoF page even mentioned that claiming the new GH required HoT.

They gave no indication that any HoT content would be available to those who bought only a future expansion. Typically you don’t buy an expansion and expect to get access to some features that are only available in another expansion. Exceptions to this would be on a case-by-case basis.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

When it was "moved" to HoT exclusive, HoT was the only expansion, so it was the only condition for getting the buffs.Mock code would be something like:if (ownsHoT) allowBuff();To allow for expansions it should become:if (ownsHoT "or" ownsPoF) allowBuff();or if they actually have a ownsExpansion:if(ownsExpansion) allowBuff();

They’re HoT features just like how you’re required to have HoT to claim any of the guild halls. The PoF page even mentioned that claiming the new GH required HoT.

They gave no indication that any HoT content would be available to those who bought only a future expansion. Typically you don’t buy an expansion and expect to get access to some features that are only available in another expansion. Exceptions to this would be on a case-by-case basis.

You're right... Wasn't aware that claiming it requires HoT.I guess it's just another case of bad decisions from Arena Net, and not a lapse.Guild halls were supposed to be one of those "systems" that would be built upon on feature releases, not an exclusive feature. HoT was entirely sold on the notion that it wouldn't feature a lot of content but a lot of new systems.Sadly PoF kinda contradicts that in a lot of ways. Not only is HoT, which was supposed to be the less content heavy expansion, feature a lot more re-playable content that PoF, but even these things are happening.You're right, i was wrong.

Archived