Balance Patch coming Feb 6th

X T D.6458

@X T D.6458 said:Remove stealth from the game and I'll be happy.

It doesn't need to be removed. What it needs to do is function like sneaking.

1) Can't use in combat. Nope, sorry. Use teleports or other escapes for get out of jail free.

2) Getting too close to an enemy cancels it.

3) Increase the duration so you can take ONE skill related to it.

Then it becomes a useful UTILITY skill, to sneak and scout, but not a combat utility.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Remove stealth from the game and I'll be happy.

It doesn't need to be removed. What it needs to do is function like sneaking.

1) Can't use in combat. Nope, sorry. Use teleports or other escapes for get out of jail free.

2) Getting too close to an enemy cancels it.

3) Increase the duration so you can take ONE skill related to it.

Then it becomes a useful UTILITY skill, to sneak and scout, but not a combat utility.

I don't know how any of that could work. But here's the problem with stealth, its terribly unbalanced and always has been. with little to no counter play. There is no risk and too much reward for using and abusing stealth. Players are basically encouraged to use it for defense and offense, it should not be both. Nobody should be able to get damage buffs when attacking players while in stealth, this is just absolutely idiotic design. On top of this, players are able to stack stealth further encouraging its abuse.

TBH, though it's a shit game, WoW has handled stealth better than GW2. Reduced movement speed wile stealthed, decreased effectiveness as you get closer to an enemy, can't get into stealth while in combat, stealth breaks on taking damage, etc. I'd favor some penalties of this nature being added to GW2 stealth in exchange for making it operate more like a toggled ability instead of needing multiple cooldowns to maintain it.

If there was no risk to stealth people wouldn't trait around it because it would be a free utility. If you don't build around stealth play you just die in circles. I wouldn't mind if my DE got more shadow steps/ports/blinks whatever in place of traits that activate on being revealed. Don't like me spending all my traits for a half way decent revealed opener then let me get right up on your slow unaware ass in a blink whenever I want with absolutely no counter play to it.

@Ragnarox.9601 said:

@shagwell.1349 said:Because some people want to play Necro outside of zergs. And Scourge is pretty terrible when you are not zerging.

if you die as scourge while not zerging you must be terrible. Scourge can 1v3 easily just like Spellbreaker. Only difference is that scourge uses his 343724723 condies while spellbreaker uses raw power.

What ? Ok if you dont count exp person vs pve daily noob.... but roamer vs roamer... (or atleast 2 experienced person)Chars with each i kill scourge with no problem :

Soulbeast ... that range and cc is too hard to handle. Only chance ... beat bad soulbeast by sand swell bomb. (Druid same problem)Mirage/Chrono power shatter.... u can win only against really bad mesm 1v1 .. big burst, stealth, mobility.Spellbreaker ... looks like u can beat him.. but no, lot of cc, block, big dps and regen... u cant outcorrupt him :dizzy:Holo... here it can be 50/50 agaisnt somebody not so experienced how to move against scourge, but that cc with big burst..Dh : longbow burst and heal... F1 to trap and knocback is also nice combo :dizzy:Thief: depends on build ... but he can dance around you for a while... just let you use your skill ... then hit.. soon or later u fall.

With these i dont have problems kill scourge, and each day i met lot of them, and when i see one alone ... its just +1 easy kill.. Also these are most common roamer builds.Scourge 1v3 only against bad players... piano spam them till death.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:....Hard being a Ranger in WvW, when your own team believes your class is total and complete garbage. Thanks anet for not listening, reading, or even caring.

Move to a server that plays tactical wvw, not just running for zerg fights. My (wvw-) guild has an old member playing almost always ranger, and he is our best scout, killer of single roamers and artillery to clean up walls from arrow carts and the like. He's a good guy and always welcome in the zerg.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

Hard being a Ranger in WvW, when your own team believes your class is total and complete garbage. Thanks anet for not listening, reading, or even caring.

Yeah :D ranger is taken less then garbage in zerg play. I know some rangers who play very well...

But why is ranger hated ? Ranger is mostly starting newbie class..... pew pew pew longbow spam. In zerg they have poor aoe, not much utility for zerg (u must play healer or stance share or something to be useful in group) And worst thing ? Now we have so much reflects... so i take so many times rapid fire from ranger through reflect bubble into my face...

Most ppl say... once you want range pew pew ... choose hammer rev.... it have better bombs... aoe ... skill 2+3 bomb cant be reflected. CoR can do insta 10k+ dmg

@Optimator.3589 said:This is why I'm an altoholic. Instead of going all-in on gearing out one or two builds in full ascended, I have every class at 80 with everything unlocked, crafting professions leveled, and armor boxes in the bank. This way , I'm bound to have at least a couple of viable builds, and if I don't, I can quickly re-gear into at least exotics for whatever the new meta demands. Jack of all trades, master of jacks**t. But hey, gotta roll with the punches, or patches as it were.

Always play the most broken OP spec possible? :)

Sounds like a good idea.

I've gone for WvW legendary armour so I can now choose between necro, mesmer and ele.

I'm going to gear up legendary heavy armour next so I can have rev, warrior, guard.

Medium armour will never be meta in WvW zergs so I'm not even going to bother with that even though I love playing them :D

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

@"Optimator.3589" said:This is why I'm an altoholic. Instead of going all-in on gearing out one or two builds in full ascended, I have every class at 80 with everything unlocked, crafting professions leveled, and armor boxes in the bank. This way , I'm bound to have at least a couple of viable builds, and if I don't, I can quickly re-gear into at least exotics for whatever the new meta demands. Jack of all trades, master of jacks**t. But hey, gotta roll with the punches, or patches as it were.

Sounds like a good idea.

I've gone for WvW legendary armour so I can now choose between necro, mesmer and ele.

I'm going to gear up legendary heavy armour next so I can have rev, warrior, guard.

Medium armour will never be meta in WvW zergs so I'm not even going to bother with that even though I love playing them :D

You think you are immune by going heavy? Next thing you know something like this will appear: "we feel that armour and health has too much of an impact in fights causing long drawn out fights and resetting to occur way more often than they should. As such, we have decided to reduce armour effectiveness by 30% across all classes"

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@"Optimator.3589" said:This is why I'm an altoholic. Instead of going all-in on gearing out one or two builds in full ascended, I have every class at 80 with everything unlocked, crafting professions leveled, and armor boxes in the bank. This way , I'm bound to have at least a couple of viable builds, and if I don't, I can quickly re-gear into at least exotics for whatever the new meta demands. Jack of all trades, master of jacks**t. But hey, gotta roll with the punches, or patches as it were.

Sounds like a good idea.

You think you are immune by going heavy? Next thing you know something like this will appear: "we feel that armour and health has too much of an impact in fights causing long drawn out fights and resetting to occur way more often than they should. As such, we have decided to reduce armour effectiveness by 30% across all classes"

guess some people dont know that the diference from medium to heavy is arround 7% damage reducing....~Heavy by Anet standards does not meas what the word actually shoul ment :bleep_bloop:

@intox.6347 said:

@shagwell.1349 said:Because some people want to play Necro outside of zergs. And Scourge is pretty terrible when you are not zerging.

if you die as scourge while not zerging you must be terrible. Scourge can 1v3 easily just like Spellbreaker. Only difference is that scourge uses his 343724723 condies while spellbreaker uses raw power.

What ? Ok if you dont count exp person vs pve daily noob.... but roamer vs roamer... (or atleast 2 experienced person)Chars with each i kill scourge with no problem :

Soulbeast ... that range and cc is too hard to handle. Only chance ... beat bad soulbeast by sand swell bomb. (Druid same problem)Mirage/Chrono power shatter.... u can win only against really bad mesm 1v1 .. big burst, stealth, mobility.Spellbreaker ... looks like u can beat him.. but no, lot of cc, block, big dps and regen... u cant outcorrupt him :dizzy:Holo... here it can be 50/50 agaisnt somebody not so experienced how to move against scourge, but that cc with big burst..Dh : longbow burst and heal... F1 to trap and knocback is also nice combo :dizzy:Thief: depends on build ... but he can dance around you for a while... just let you use your skill ... then hit.. soon or later u fall.

With these i dont have problems kill scourge, and each day i met lot of them, and when i see one alone ... its just +1 easy kill.. Also these are most common roamer builds.Scourge 1v3 only against bad players... piano spam them till death.

The only bad matchup for scourge among all those is soulbeast and only if it catches scourge out in the open without LoS options. The rest are either heavily in scourges favor (Spellbreaker, Holo) or are pretty even. And that is from a pvp perspective, scourge is much more disgusting in wvw thanks to access to dire/trailblazer gear and the ability to kill ambients for free life-force before every engagement. Really the only thing that makes scourge not so great at roaming is that it can't run away from an enemy zerg.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

The only bad matchup for scourge among all those is soulbeast and only if it catches scourge out in the open without LoS options. The rest are either heavily in scourges favor (Spellbreaker, Holo) or are pretty even. And that is from a pvp perspective, scourge is much more disgusting in wvw thanks to access to dire/trailblazer gear and the ability to kill ambients for free life-force before every engagement. Really the only thing that makes scourge not so great at roaming is that it can't run away from an enemy zerg.

Roaming for scourge? They are candy for any class with 1200 range. Hammer revs, pistol thiefs, and ranger class... scourge eats Melee up yes, but bringing a ranged weapon to roam..., they don't stand a chance.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Roaming for scourge? They are candy for any class with 1200 range. Hammer revs, pistol thiefs, and ranger class... scourge eats Melee up yes, but bringing a ranged weapon to roam..., they don't stand a chance.

I mean.. Shades have 900 range with 300 Radius but... Nevermind >.>

It just takes a dodge and a second of walking to catch up and condi bomb you :lol:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@"shagwell.1349" said:Because some people want to play Necro outside of zergs. And Scourge is pretty terrible when you are not zerging.

It just takes a dodge and a second of walking to catch up and condi bomb you :lol:

So technically if the scourge is walking to you, you would be walking away and mathematically speaking the scourge will not reach you assuming both sensibly have swiftness etc. Also, battles are too dynamic to be simply "walking". Same logic applies to dodge.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@"shagwell.1349" said:Because some people want to play Necro outside of zergs. And Scourge is pretty terrible when you are not zerging.

So technically if the scourge is walking to you, you would be walking away and mathematically speaking the scourge will not reach you assuming both sensibly have swiftness etc. Also, battles are too dynamic to be simply "walking". Same logic applies to dodge.

I just pointed out that scourge has a considerable range and damage output in that range. Not to offend anyone or anything :bleep_bloop:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

This.

The only reason any melee class should kill a scourge in a 1v1 is if they catch them on cooldowns. The condi burst potential and the fact that melee classes are forced to stand on shades to hit the scourge just gives it a supreme advantage. Thieves maybe can CC+Burst fast enough if they time it right, but both Holo and SB should not kill a scourge that properly times its F skills and stability. I'm not saying its an easy fight, I'm just saying same skill level and an even playing field the scourge should win 9/10 times (against holo and SB).

As for Mesmers, the ability to disengage, stealth and condi output makes it difficult for any class at this point to win a 1v1 match. The mirage can just burst you down and run until it either kills you or the player develops carpal tunnel. Only reason for a mirage to lose is if its overy aggresive and gets caught, but I consider that not taking advantage of its broken disengage mechanics. Chronos are still a fantastic 1v1 class, so versatile; near unbeatable in the right hands.

DH: The F1 telegraph is huge nowdays, if you cant dodge that or use stab to counter it, that's on you. As for bow, the LB 2 burst is easily the most recognizable skill on the weapon and it forces the DH to stand still providing an excelent chance for damage or interrupt on it. Just need to pay attention.

I dont know enough about Soulbeast or druid to make an informed assessment. Logic would dictate a high range class should have an advantage. The same could be said about deadeye, but I'm not informed on those either so I can't really comment.

@Strages.2950 said:

I dont know enough about Soulbeast or druid to make an informed assessment. Logic would dictate a high range class should have an advantage. The same could be said about deadeye, but I'm not informed on those either so I can't really comment.

Scourges are a free kill for Rifle DE's. It's not about who is more skilled in that matchup, Scourge just doesn't have enough mobility or stability.

@Hitman.5829 said:WvW update will be:

• Emergency waypoint timer has been increased from 40 sec to 40.5 sec.
  • Condition damage now deals 100% more damage
  • Dredge turrets now fires 2 projectiles

i dont know why People like you spam that useless comments. after anet nerfed condis very hard at 12.12. Balance patch why you flame here? they already listened to community with this nerf. it seems you just want to cry here because you lost many fights ingame because of your terrible skill...

@Zero.3871 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:WvW update will be:

i dont know why People like you spam that useless comments. after anet nerfed condis very hard at 12.12. Balance patch why you flame here? they already listened to community with this nerf.

Ok.. The condi nerf wasn't a 'very hard' nerf. It was a tweak in the right direction.

And some condis actually got a slight buff, but in either case, it was needed.

It doesn't change the fact that Scourge is designed mostly to counter boons in PvP and WvW. Toning down the amount of corruptions it does either through skill tweaks or trait tweaks would be helpful, while still allowing it to boon strip would be good.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:WvW update will be:

i dont know why People like you spam that useless comments. after anet nerfed condis very hard at 12.12. Balance patch why you flame here? they already listened to community with this nerf.

Ok.. The condi nerf wasn't a 'very hard' nerf. It was a tweak in the right direction.

And some condis actually got a slight buff, but in either case, it was needed.

It doesn't change the fact that Scourge is designed mostly to counter boons in PvP and WvW. Toning down the amount of corruptions it does either through skill tweaks or trait tweaks would be helpful, while still allowing it to boon strip would be good.

hmm, since that nerf i see 90 % of Players in wvw Play power (one shoot) builds. 90 % of raomers Play thief, mesm, ranger on power builds and maximum mobility since that patch. no condis. there is only 1 class that still plays condis is scourge, because ...to be honest.... scourge is just viable on condis.

the Problem of changing scourge from booncorrupt to boonrip is, that you have to rework whole necro. because core have a lot of booncorrupt skills too. and next to booncorrupt necro has no class mechanic left. what would be the "Special" ability of necros if booncorrupt get deleted? mobility? sustain? Support? no serious Player will say scourge is a good supporter...

for boonrip we have SB, and WoD is greater boonrip skill than whole scourge class.

and last Point is, do you really think that scourge could be viable in any scenario outside a big zerg with massive firebrand and ele support if anet would Balance scourge in the way most People suggest (global cd 2 sec of all shade skills, just 180 radius on shade skills, boonrip instead of booncorrupt, half the current barrier)?

i think no one will continue to Play scourge than...

Changes would come to the elite scourge line only. Roamers are not who you balance WvW around. Thiefs and Mesmers would exist if that were the case. You balance around groups. 5-50 etc, which, honestly is nigh impossible to do class by class.

One shot builds have been around since launch. Will still be after any nerf.

Whether scourge would be viable or not after the changes you mentioned was not part of my post. Don't lump me with others.

I said, the last change was a tweak. And that I would like to see SOME of the corrupt done by scourge ( not reaper nor core so not the wells or other core/reaper skills) swapped to strips. Again, not all of scourges corrupts, as boon hate is good.

Please don't pull other people's arguments into this one and attribute it to me.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Changes would come to the elite scourge line only. Roamers are not who you balance WvW around. Thiefs and Mesmers would exist if that were the case. You balance around groups. 5-50 etc, which, honestly is nigh impossible to do class by class.

One shot builds have been around since launch. Will still be after any nerf.

Whether scourge would be viable or not after the changes you mentioned was not part of my post. Don't lump me with others.

I said, the last change was a tweak. And that I would like to see SOME of the corrupt done by scourge ( not reaper nor core so not the wells or other core/reaper skills) swapped to strips. Again, not all of scourges corrupts, as boon hate is good.

Please don't pull other people's arguments into this one and attribute it to me.

you say booncorrupt is bad thing. you maybe can Change unending corruption and scourge elite and punishment skills to boonrip instead corrupt. but most People complain about path of corruption where the most scourge booncorrupt Comes from. and that is a CORE trait. so you have to Change core...

Archived