LF assistance in fighting weaver

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello,

The other day I fought a weaver (Im a condi mirage...only played it for 2 weeksish) and we had an unofficial duel (2 actually...one being 6.5 minutes). They were running either sword dagger or scepter dagger and assumingly the weaver elite (I remember a gravity well like ability) and every 15 seconds (ish) he went all ape with barrier stacking and going from 20 - 100 every (What felt like) 15 seconds.

I was so close (had him under 10% a good 7-8 times) then boop...barrier for days and almost hull HP

I want to know 2 things:

1.) Tips on fighting them as a condi build (torment/confusion and some burn) and2.) Any idea on his build? I hated playing ele, tempest was ok but didnt go anywhere with it so I never picked up Weaver, however this person was pretty good and the build seemed really solid.

If you need any more info, ill try to dig up the clips of our fights. (Unless I get lucky and the person sees this and responds,lol)

The only thing that seems work on weaver sword/something is our survablity and even in beta i'have seen pro mesmers (helseth by the way) to strugle on mirage. Fun fact that he went ape rage, switched on chrono and moe'ad weaver in oblivion. I personally survived +1 from misha when i was learning weaver (!) so it's not easy question. Maybe we actually counter something.

1. every time we get swiftness we get condi cleanse so spaming 3th skills is good for our heath. I won 1v1 with scourges even.
  2. every almost weaver sword/something build stack alot of vitality and healing power so...we have quite nice heath pools+barrier and it's great vs condi.

Think of weaver builds like some kind of power rev wanabyes + nice condi cleanse. Generally we struggle +1 by thief power builds. Even deadeye can farm us (if we don't pay attention) casue it's is clunky to have on demand our projectile defenses. I know it's stupid but i would suggest to shutdown weaver with cc and power mes...whatever elite spec you use. Cause you mesmers kinda don't give a damm what you run when you go power.

Edit: to more precisely answer your question whatever we run we have vitality in it and with water 2 combos we can get even 9k healing while evading. So if druid will be hammer nerfed guess who gonna replace him.

For the barrier, one utility and fire/earth 3 give a decent amount of barrier, plus dodges or dual attacks, you can get quite a bit. I can easily stack 5000 barrier in a few seconds.

I'm not an expert here, but eles rely on water for cleansing. Wait until an ele switches to water, then hit him with some heavy condi.

You have to watch their water attunement usage. That is their life force, especially with Riptide and Evasive Arcana. I play a lot of weaver (mostly in WvW as mostly cele), and I find the times that I die are the times that I use water attunement at the wrong moment. Riptide is life, and if you burst them after, you may be able to spike them down. They still have other defenses, so it's not a guarantee, but imo the best time to strike.

Sword weaver usually plays with water and arcane specs and literally has at least 3 condi cleanses at any given moment. I dont think that any condi build has a chance against it, but you could try with some confusion burst (20 stacks or so) followed by chain CC and some trash condies (since it cleanses only 1 condi per skill/cast, so it cant cleanse multiple conditions fast at once). If that doesnt work just kite him around and repeat, that build only does damage (which isnt particularly high) in melee and has limited gap closers.

Scepter weaver on the other hand has very few condi cleanses, very low sustain, but very high burst. If you can survive the burst, it's pretty much dead to any condi spam.

Also pay attention when it gets to 50% (on both builds usually), it will proc passive barrier (5-8k or so) and maybe even shield which blocks 3 attacks. Dont waste big skills on those.

Archived