Still no bikini or "speedo"?

There still isn't a bikini / "speedo" yet? Honestly, that's very... surprising! This is the first MMO I've encountered to not having something form of a sultry cosmetic outfit.

Virtually every other MMO out there has at least one outfit that is revealing for both female and males, or at least the option to do so without having to sacrifice stats. But in GW2, you HAVE to sacrifice stats. Why?

Why must players that wish to look seductive are required to sacrifice their armor, when there are much more provocative armor skins (especially for females) For males, this isn't the case, as their only method of looking attractive is by stripping. Possibly could introduce an Invisible Chestplate and Invisible Leggings like how there is Invisible Slippers, for those that want to look like this without sacrificing armor.

Anet seems to be quite conservative in armor design, and that leads to a ton of it being the same covering up of skin, especially with those buttcapes. Please, more armor that shows skin for females and males!!! Especially heavy armor.

If anet wanted to be lowkey about it, they could just bring back highly desired items such as the Aviator Glasses and Bunny Ears on the Gem Store on like April Fools Day or something and discretely add a bikini skin for females and a "speedo" skin for males.

I mean, I see no reason why not, as Lord Faren has already worn highly revealing clothing, and lots of players probably would want to buy that red "speedo" and that loincloth.158px-Lord_Faren_%28Southsun%29.jpg

142px-Swordmaster_Faren.jpg

Kasmeer has also worn a bikini outfit at Southsun.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/gw2-southsun-mini-kasmeer.jpg

So... if this already exists in the game... and many players are demanding it... than what's the problem? Why hasn't something of this nature been sold on the Gem Store yet or released in some other form?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting these for awhile. As for why they aren't in game, there's probably a few reasons.

1: Obscure age restriction issues. Remember, this game isn't just released in the states, it is released abroad. Different states and different nations have different regulations on what can be in their games. I.E. they couldn't have a situation where Taimi is in direct danger because it would change the age rating of the game. In all likelyhood there is some state somewhere that has a bizarre restriction that doesn't make sense, but nonetheless prevents Anet from giving us bikinis.

2: They're paranoid that players are going to make their outfits flesh colored, like how they do know with the magician's leggings.

3: The game developers themselves have adopted this sort of strange idea where they personally don't want their characters wandering around in speedos. Maybe it is different in their mind, for players to make their own characters look that way, maybe they made an exception for Kasmeer because she's half of the lesbian power couple, who knows. In general, people are gigantic balls of contradictory nonsense, and those bizarre age restrictions have to come from somewhere, so who knows.

I fear that in Tamriel it is to dangerous to go for a swim without full armour. Even Faren needs help with all the visitors he get while he is in minimal armour.

For safe zones I do think it should be an option and when one goes for a dive one can see it has been allowed for. Hope those who looking for this have some success but fear might not be high up the list.

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:I fear that in Tamriel it is to dangerous to go for a swim without full armour. Even Faren needs help with all the visitors he get while he is in minimal armour.

For safe zones I do think it should be an option and when one goes for a dive one can see it has been allowed for. Hope those who looking for this have some success but fear might not be high up the list.

Errm .. I think you might be confusing GW2 with one its competitors there.... can't remember travelling to Tamriel from Lions Arch... could be kinda cool tho :)

As for wanting to see the game covered in scantily clad pixels.. maybe folks just need to go rent a video and take the evening off gaming.

Kasmeer only wore that bikini at the beach, in a non-combat situation. (And actually if you go to that beach your character is automatically stripped down to their underwear.) Farens speeddo has appeared in more situations, but apart from when he was being an idiot in the jungle it was always out of combat (usually when he'd been kidnapped and forcibly stripped).

And if you're not in combat you have the same option - take your armour off and walk around in your underwear. Admittedly those massive blue boxer shorts male humans get aren't exactly attractive, but it's certainly revealing.

I have actually asked for more revealing options for male characters before (especially in light armour), but I feel like the new PoF armour sets are doing a good job for what I wanted - which is showing off norn tattoos, sylvari glow and charr fur patterns so bare arms and shorts is enough, the option to have most of your chest showing too is a nice addition. I don't think I'd want any of my characters (male or female) literally running around in their underwear. My sylvari elementalist comes close (she doesn't "get" clothes, magic is much more efficient for controlling your temperature and keeping you safe) but even she wants some decoration.

I don't see absolutely any reason to ban swimsuits from the game.You can limit them to safe zones or close-to-water zones if you want (although I don't see the point either) but not having them is pure nonsense.IMO swimsuits are desirable because they would offer income for Anet, an useful new look for rp, and alternatives to bare underwear for anyone that want to look summerlike. I don't see myself using them so much... but for the diving points my main char would truly prefer a decent swimsuit instead of pink underoos.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:I fear that in Tamriel it is to dangerous to go for a swim without full armour. Even Faren needs help with all the visitors he get while he is in minimal armour.

Errm .. I think you might be confusing GW2 with one its competitors there.... can't remember travelling to Tamriel from Lions Arch... could be kinda cool tho :)

As for wanting to see the game covered in scantily clad pixels.. maybe folks just need to go rent a video and take the evening off gaming.

LOL brilliant!