World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

39 minutes ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

The end of an era, and of a meme.

Maybe, perhaps, time will tell.

That, or maybe a beginning of even bigger meme, when we will go back to this thread in 2 another years to ask the same question yet again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zychuu.7294 said:

That, or maybe a beginning of even bigger meme, when we will go back to this thread in 2 another years to ask the same question yet again.

I wouldn't even be surprised the first beta got delayed until next year, especially with Covid still around, which is part of the reason why EoD got delayed.

Not sure if a multi-phase open beta, after the World Linking Beta, Desert Borderlands Closed Beta we had, is something I'm looking forward to though, if they do  go ahead with that.

Edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048

ALLIANCES...  soon¿?

I just had a heart attack and died. 

Guess I have to switch to Necro to bring myself back from the dead and try it. 

But kitten, am I worried about "community input" on this after the mess that was Desert Borderlands and the Warclaw rollout... 

• Haha 3

On 4/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, Swamurabi.7890 said:

Your alliances when campaign is going to have as much success as the freehabib campaign did years ago but without the forum bans.

On 4/20/2021 at 7:26 AM, Dark Dvid.2906 said:

Alliance idea is dead. let it rest. I think it died when they left Caillie go. Would really love a yearly tournament or at least one more before this game fades away.

On 4/21/2021 at 1:45 PM, vier.1327 said:

We are dreamers

AlliancesWhen #WvWDefenderSquad

Enjoy the dream

• 3 weeks later...

Please consider something to the effect of player skill when balancing. It's currently completely demoralizing to play against a server that wipes the floor with us. I am talking our EBG keep is a t3 for the bad guys. They spawn camp on multiple BLs and my server just stops playing the game for the week until we get a new matchup. And no, the tier system today isn't enough since at some point, we end up matched against that one server... I feel alliances will only exasperate the situation since you get the elites easily teaming up and pushing everyone else away from the game. Anyways, playing something else for a week is one thing but I Can't imagine coming back to the game if I have to quit for 2 months while we wait for a new "link".

What are you doing about queues? Too often friends have to wait literally hours before they can get through a 30 man queue to play with us. If commander disconnects on reset night when you have 30-50 queue on every map, then that's gg for the night and we all log off. If you don't log in on the right class, again you can't switch because of the queue. If you don't click the button fast enough on reset night, you have you wait 2 hours... Worst of all is when no one is on any of the boarder lands but you have a queue of 130 for EBG. Seriously I have screenshots...

Regarding alliances, here is my feedback:
1. The alliances themselves cannot be too large or too small (too large = all the best go to the best alliances, too small = cant play with enough players, especially since we do not and cannot play 24/7 so coverage is essential).
2. We need public information about ratings (players and alliances). Competitiveness is at the core of WvW, and we need to keep it that way by showing who is doing well.
3. Alliances links need to change more frequently than the current links, but not too often. Suggest 3 weeks.
4. Alliances need some ingame swag, maybe colored titles inside wvw or something else
5. Alliances need changes to the way commanders and squads work. Would be great if you could see all players in alliance and the different commanders as if you were all in the same squad. This will help cross squad coordination without requiring persons to be on multiple voice coms simultaneously and greatly help chat-only commanders and players in general.
6. Alliances need frequent updated to ratings, and public disclosure of the parameters used to form matchups. Preferably also the importance of those parameters. I'm my opinion, they should value commander tagged hours with more than 10 players in squad very high, thereafter k/d, avg. wxp gained per hour per player, hours played in a squad, coverage matching, hours in a group, result last matchup, hours outside a group
7. They should not try to artificially have too many simultaneous matchups. Ideally one map always has a queue of 5players or a squad of 20 or more, or a similar level of activity. The worst they can do is to make all matchups have too few active players in them.
8. See WvW Rank of teammates and not just enemies...

Edited by Loke.1429

I don't see how Alliances would be better than pre-relinking system with less tiers but anything will be better than current system.

So I am all for alliances, lets go. Hoping it won't be complete garbage.

Edited by Fatal.1347

queues are a problem that needs solving for sure, yeah.

@Capr.9253 i kinda fear u cannot "balance" player skill. anet tried it with feb2020 nerfs... devalued individual skills, but in the end, the strongest players still kept beeing just these. quite some pause now or did quit, leading to overall lower skill level accessable.

(easiest example: u cannot wipe 40 anymore with 15 in most cases. before, that was possible with that much level of crazyness)

new players not always seem to be willing to learn the tryhard way. idk the numbers exactly, but compared to 2019 we surely have a big dropout level, likely 50% less players that know how to fight effectively.

all these losses of experienced players also lead to losses in players that can learn the new ones. and ofc, in losses of experienced commanders. like, com trainings in the last years been rather a joke. in my opinion, and a lot of good players i talked with, a tag in Wvw needs to have some experience simply. u cannot let a new player lead the potatoes around, or they'll get plucked pretty easily everywhere.

alliances should simply make it easy to form a working roster of players. always again in past time, there been severly "dead" serverlinkings.

like, ones where u knew from the very start, it could possibly not bring out anything good. some completely lack players, others have far too many that only ppt randomly around.

as said yet, i don't fully see how alliances can come without having sth like "wvw-specific guild status" yet implemented. then again, the first beta tests probably happen in a few months

#allianceswhenexactly #:P

On 7/3/2021 at 9:57 AM, Zychuu.7294 said:

We need to start thinking what we will be memeing about after alliance drops. What about steam release? Was this announced to be dropped, or it is still 'on hold'? 

It's a no brainer...

#MyEoDPurchaseComingSoon

Looking forward to the next chronicle of Guild Wars 2!

Edited by Diku.2546

4 hours ago, Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Can't dangle the promise with no details and still be taken seriously.

You mean like they've done 3-4 times already in the past? 🤣

Anyway, since no one responded to my question a week back I decided to go and double check myself now. The Studio Update news article says details in august. In the announcement stream Grouch also says "beta in summer". Anyone who knows their months knows that summer is june, july and august. September is autumn. This makes 2 weeks left for both information and a beta start or new memes to entertain ourselves with. I guess both we and this thread will soon see.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Confused 1

Here's some random Yak facts while we await alliance news/beta.

Both Bay and Undercroft (the west keeps on the BLs) are fed by camps to the north and south of them, though Bay is also fed by a third camp in the south center of the map.

For Bay, the yak from the south west camp has a 64 second travel time.  The yak from the north west camp has a 169 second travel time.  The yak from the south center camp has approximately a 213 second travel time.  The total number of yaks entering per 5 minute (300s) period is 4.7 + 1.8 + 1.4 or 7.9 yaks per 5 minute period.  This means that a maximum of 316 supply enters Bay every 5 minutes.

For Undercroft, the south yak has a 133 second travel time while the north yak has a 130s travel time.  The total number of yaks entering per 5 minute period is 2.3 + 2.3 or 4.6 yaks per 5 minute period.  This means that a maximum of 184 supply enters Undercroft every 5 minutes.

SWC on ABL delivers more supply to the west keep alone than both SWC and NWC do on DBL.  That yak also travels the shortest path and is easiest to protect.

Edited by Sviel.7493
direction mix-up
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

Snip 8<

This makes 2 weeks left for both information and a beta start or new memes to entertain ourselves with. I guess both we and this thread will soon see.

Hmm...based on your observation...it's coming soon.

• ArenaNet Staff
13 hours ago, Kylden Ar.3724 said:

I'm looking forward to actual details on Alliances now.

Can't dangle the promise with no details and still be taken seriously.

ALLIANCES...  soon¿? Communication when!?

In the July 2 blog we said we'd be back in August with more information on Alliances. It's coming, don't worry. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1