World Restructuring

Sadly this is the NBA approach to fixing WvW, it will allow people to build mega teams (alliances) and leave the little people like me who are deaf and usually not allowed join these big groups since i cant hear chat left out (Example is i cant get in an Indo group since his groups require you to be in chat so i just have to follow him around for content), apparently we get the scraps.

The real problem is population and time of day, when you have a queue for one server and the other two and have way less people, who do you think if going to farm everything? What you really need to do  is have WvW map population grow, if one world only has 25 people, then the other 2 should have 25 max also but as the other world queue grow, so does the limit, it brings teams closer to a balance, mega alliances will assure a queue 24/7

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the July 2 blog we said we'd be back in August with more information on Alliances. It's coming, don't worry. 🙂

We're aiming to have the post out on Friday. A little bit of a weird work week for us with the long Labor Day holiday weekend.   I'll keep you folks updated if anything changes!

ICYMI  - the first World Restructuring beta is slated for Sep 24 - Oct 1.   https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-fall-and-winter-2021/

18 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

An NDA for a closed beta would be absolutely hilarious. 

A repeat of DBL beta would be worse. DBL feedback was NOT public. DBL replaced alpine and was a disaster for WvW. After several fixes to DBL it STILL is less played then alpine.

KIS - Keep It Simple

Alliances is way too complex & doesn't have a proper Road Map to detail & coordinate the future of this game mode...imho

We often have endless discussions here trying to figure out just how Alliances is supposed to work.  It's very common that we even have discussions that second guess the speculation of how we think it's supposed to work.

The 7 steps below is able to fix WvW with existing game mechanics & is pretty straight forward in it's simplicity:

1)  Use Pure King of Hill Match-Up with 1 Server at the Top for each Region.

2)  Assign each Server one Map.  Expandable to accommodate player volume. 

3)  Allow players to choose 1 Home Server to defend.

4)  Allow players to attack any Server.

Server Guesting modified for WvW - Existing mechanic

5)  Let players weekly pick 2 Enemy Servers to fight against.

Friends & Family can fight together on Shared Enemy Map

6)  Only Reward players when attacking Higher ranked Server than Home Server.

Being Ranked #1 has to be earned by fighting ALL lower ranked

7)  Use map capacity & queue size to control players entering a Server map.

ANet can easily adjust & control these parameters

Alliance has never been fully explained & is way too complex with a lot of room for players to circumvent intended design objectives.

World Linking is a prime example of this & Guild Linking...will re-attempt to re-use Team Creation Building Blocks Concepts...that has a proven track record to fail...imho

Alliances & Guild Officers will be granted way too much power to control (discriminate against) other players while subjecting the game mode to possible extreme emotional political storms.

It's better to have a 7 Step solution that's player driven...yet ANet controlled...imho

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Geezer.3947 said:

Sadly this is the NBA approach to fixing WvW, it will allow people to build mega teams (alliances) and leave the little people like me who are deaf and usually not allowed join these big groups since i cant hear chat left out (Example is i cant get in an Indo group since his groups require you to be in chat so i just have to follow him around for content), apparently we get the scraps.

Nothing of which change with alliances. If he doesnt allow you now, he wont after. Commander groups and alliances have nothing to do with each other. So no you dont get any more or less scraps due to alliances.

Whether you would be "allowed" to join an alliance is another matter and remain the reason why I'm so interested in how alliances are managed, rather than matched.  If its restrictive (say 5 guild limit) then smaller ~5-20 man guilds are also tossed out the window and even if you could in theory join a "pug guild" within the alliance, your own guild management then become exponentially more difficult since everyone have to follow suit rather than just having their own guild as wvw guild.

• Confused 5

#ComingSoon

or

#AreWeThereYet

Tried checking the game updates...

News on Alliances Road Map?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-08-31

or

News on Beta?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-09-01

Reference post:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-july-2021

"We’ll be back in August to share an overview of how World Restructuring works and the timing of the first live beta events."

Let us know...today is September.

Answer - News on Alliances Road Map

Couldn't find a post.

Answer - News on Beta

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/19480-world-restructuring/page/126/?tab=comments#comment-1443375

Yours truly,
Diku

Edited by Diku.2546
36 minutes ago, Diku.2546 said:

#ComingSoon

or

#AreWeThereYet

Tried checking the game updates...

News on Alliances Road Map?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-08-31

or

News on Beta?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-09-01

Reference post:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-july-2021

"We’ll be back in August to share an overview of how World Restructuring works and the timing of the first live beta events."

Let us know...it's September.

Yours truly,
Diku

If you had any of that critical insight you always write on your posts, you would know that the first beta was confirmed for 24th September one week ago.

And I won't bother linking you the source.

• Like 1

Thank you I updated my post to reflect there's an answer to 1 of my 2 questions...before you posted a reply by 1 minute.

I didn't claim ALL my posts had critical insight...

Please go back & read what I'm saying.

vs

All my Posts are Credible because I have critical insight & time.

If posts over time are proven to have truth & substance...it's due to Critical Insight...and the author should be considered Credible...imho

Hope this better explains to you what I'm trying to say.

----------

Let us know...today is September.

Answer 1of2 - News on Alliances Road Map - aka overview

Couldn't find a post.

Answer 2of2 - News on Beta

I cared & bothered to looked up the source for the community:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/19480-world-restructuring/page/126/?tab=comments#comment-1443375

Yours truly,

Diku

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Thanks 2

We are working on a major overhaul of WvW guys, we know we have neglected you (2015)

We know we have neglected you guys, we figured we'd give you relinking so you don't have to wait as long, it is only temporary, also we have this Alliances thing (2016)

Hey, here is this Alliances thing we talked about two years ago (2018)

Hey, here are some updates to that Alliances thing (2018)

We have a team of engineers working on Alliances guys (2019)

We haven't forgotten about Alliances, we are looking forward to talking more about it in the comming months (2019)

We know we have neglected you, this thing we talked about two years ago is still a thing, WvW is a cornerstone game mode, we will talk more about it before the end of the summer (2021)

More information about Alliances before the end of august (2021)

"We will make a blog post well in advance of september 24th"

Here is a friendly reminder that it is now 20 days (or 3 weeks) left until the 24th

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 10

With the release of DBL, Waypoints were removed from upgrade trees and instead enabled immediately upon capture of an objective--but only for the team that spawned nearest it.  Waypoints were moved from the side keeps to the southern towers both to cement the home team advantage and to shorten the time it took for players to get back into the fight.  The devs also mentioned wanting to cut down on the ability of one team to control the whole map by getting Waypoints in distant keeps.

The change was met with significant backlash--almost entirely because players felt that Waypoints were a thing they worked for and upgrades felt lackluster now that they came free.  So the Waypoint change was reverted and, immediately, players began to complain that it took too long to get back into fights.

Personally, I think Anet over-reacted to the criticism.  Of course, it's easy for me to say this as I wasn't the one under pressure at the time...But a better idea may have been to keep the instant Waypoints in the southern towers and middle keep (or push them to T1), while adding the T3 Waypoints back to the side keeps but only for the keep you spawn closest too.  This would both allow players to get back in the fight more quickly and give them something to earn at T3 without running into the dominant team problem where they can teleport all over the map.

They could also create a mid-sized, non-walled objective outside of keeps/towers that could temporarily disable the Waypoint inside.  It wouldn't matter much in a siege since that already contests the waypoint, but it would reduce enemy mobility for a time.

• ArenaNet Staff
15 hours ago, Pulsefire Jayce.4753 said:

My guess is that "well in advance" is going to be one week beforehand, if not shorter than that.

Prove me wrong Anet.

We're aiming to have the post out on Friday. A little bit of a weird work week for us with the long Labor Day holiday weekend.

I'll keep you folks updated if anything changes!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

We're aiming to have the post out on Friday. A little bit of a weird work week for us with the long Labor Day holiday weekend.

Looking forward to updating the Guild Wars 2 Forum: The Library - WvW  with the posted link when it comes out.

Yours truly,
Diku

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Thanks for clarification.

My apology if this has been answered already, but I can't possibly go through 127 pages of posts. 😉

1. When the Alliance System goes live, will it matter which server you are on?
  2. If not and you are in two Guilds and they are both on different servers, will you be able to play in two different Alliances depending on which Guild you currently represent?
14 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

My apology if this has been answered already, but I can't possibly go through 127 pages of posts. 😉

1. When the Alliance System goes live, will it matter which server you are on?
  2. If not and you are in two Guilds and they are both on different servers, will you be able to play in two different Alliances depending on which Guild you currently represent?

1.  No.  Servers as they currently exist will go away, so the server you are on now won’t matter.

2.  Being in a guild by itself does not matter.  There will be some mechanism that allows you to designate one guild as a ‘WvW’ guild.  That will be the guild that matters for placement.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

1.  No.  Servers as they currently exist will go away, so the server you are on now won’t matter.

2.  Being in a guild by itself does not matter.  There will be some mechanism that allows you to designate one guild as a ‘WvW’ guild.  That will be the guild that matters for placement.

Thank you so much for the fast response! 🙂

So there is no real point in transferring to another server at this point. I can simply talk to the guilds there and ask to join the one I desire.

(PS: I wonder what will be shown in the character selection screen then instead of the home server.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Thank you so much for the fast response! 🙂

So there is no real point in transferring to another server at this point. I can simply talk to the guilds there are ask to join the one I desire. (PS: I wonder what will be shown in the character selection screen then instead of the home server.)

No problem at all.  🙂

If you WERE to look back at the first 4 pages you would see I started out against this.  It took me some time to look at it and come to the conclusion that I believe it will be a positive change.  I DONT know if it will be a wonderful system lol, but I believe it will be better than what we have now,

I am still not sure this is going to go live soon, so if you wanted to be with a certain guild to play now, then transferring might be good.  

Otherwise, yeah, it doesn’t make sense to me either.

edit:  as far as the character selection screen, I wonder myself if they will title the  ‘worlds’ they create each time.  If they do, I think you would see that name.

Also, effectively servers are worlds now.  The new system hopefully will allow for better overall pairing for matchups.  

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

edit:  as far as the character selection screen, I wonder myself if they will title the  ‘worlds’ they create each time.  If they do, I think you would see that name.

Most likely, it'll look exactly like now with the same amount of worlds and same names. There would no technical reason to change that until its further into its life so one can remove a tier (or add).

14 hours ago, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Thanks for this! 😄

Sweet! Only 2 more weeks! Looks like concise/constructive feedbacks during the beta test will be vital for the future of WvW...until then, top-up yer coffee, sharpen them fingernails, stretch yer toes, tape yeh eyelids, faith & patience lads!

Turtle on a boat? Both can float? Oh...how fun it'd be with a turtle & a boat! 🐢🚢

Edited by Woop S.7851
1 hour ago, azizul.8469 said:

may I suggest for Anet not to publish war score in any match. any published result in war score will only result in people flocking to the winning alliance. let players guess to their death who is winning....

It won't be possible for players to stack alliances like they do servers.  Even if they swap to one of the guilds in that alliance, they won't be moved until the end of the match-up and alliances are re-made.  That means if they try to stack one by swapping guilds, it gets re-balanced before the swap goes into effect.

55 minutes ago, Sviel.7493 said:

It won't be possible for players to stack alliances like they do servers.  Even if they swap to one of the guilds in that alliance, they won't be moved until the end of the match-up and alliances are re-made.  That means if they try to stack one by swapping guilds, it gets re-balanced before the swap goes into effect.

Well they did say that manual transfers might still be there, within the population caps... but I'm fine with bandwagon guild members having to pay out the kitten to transfer. They could just use a flat fee of 1500 gems or something.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sviel.7493 said:

I think the part of your statement that makes what you said accurate is ‘like they do servers’

The way it ‘could’ be gamed, (and I am not sure this would happen) is a group creating an OCC/SEA alliance.  

any OTHER NA based alliance they get paired with would significantly have an advantage in matchups mainly because of coverage.  

of course, that OCX/SEA alliance would likely be bored out of their skulls, but if rewards became good enough, the incentive may be there..

On 9/8/2021 at 4:50 AM, Josh Davis.7865 said:

Just a friendly reminder that its friday today ^^

Best,

Zape