World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

12 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I mean... they are communicating now. Do you folks need daily posts from them or something?

It is more like a meme from people who really don't seem to enjoy WvW anymore, but for some reason here they are. Met some of them, in plural, who dislike WvW but won't stop coming anyway and complain because it doesn't fill their idea of how WvW should be. They won't stop, and when Alliances arrive they'll start moaning about something else, be the meta or core mechanics. It is just salt at this point, just report for spam and move on, comments are being removed anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

###

#allianceswhen

Probably about the same time the Devs actually start responding on this forum subtopic again.  Reddit, Discord, & Blog Posts do not count as "communicating" with us when they built this forum for the express purpose of communication/interacting with the community.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 6:00 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Been 4(Four(FOUR)) years since this thread was created.. amazingly four posters have over 100 posts in here, almost half of the 902 posts! 😆 

Even full expansions get released faster than this... 🤭 😞

Infinite monkeys randomly typing at keyboards could have written the Alliance System faster than this!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 11:21 PM, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I mean... they are communicating now. Do you folks need daily posts from them or something?

While that is true.. they communicated years ago to promise "world restructuring" which was not going to happen till recently, so I can see why some people has trust issues. Now the promise is that we are going to get it... ok, that is good, when are we going to see something new in wvw? after next expansion? because that is maybe more time than much wvw player are willing to keep waiting.

Thats what happens when you make a promise to stop people from leaving and dont deliver, and when you promise again but you just give the crumbs.

Edited by Nymthalas.4019
  • Like 3

exactly. the issue is not the fact, that WvW barely got any content itself, although this also does play a part, since the negatives just added up over the years. 

The big deal is, that ANet announced "world restructuring" over 4 years ago, if not earlier (at least the earliest post i could find within 10 minutes of search is this one from 2018: 

But iirc, there were smaller announcements made even earlier, so the waiting game might already go on for even longer, but this could also include rumors that were going around by that time, so i will take the 2018 post as the first "official" message i could find.

After the initial announcement, ArenaNet had fallen silent for around 3 years again until the first (attempted, we all remember how it went) beta started in september 2021.

Then add in the fact, that we are still waiting on the summary of the most "recent" beta test from January (which by now, we are also already waiting for 4 months now), of which we currently know the following about: "investigations on the queue-bug are running, no estimate yet". 

Also, ArenaNet promised us improvements on communication (i think that message was also around the time shortly before the first beta of world restructuring started), but this "improvement" never really happened. From the dev-tracker page, filtered by the WvW subforums, the latest interaction between an ArenaNet Staff Member and the players has been on November 30, 2021 (which was a reply to the matchup-issues during the alliances-beta which was running at that moment). going even further back in time, there are some replies to the world restructuring beta 1, but that´s basically it. If you wanna check it yourself, the easiest solution is to unfollow any subforums (if you even do that), then follow the WvW-forum/WvW world restructuring forum, klick on the Dev-Tracker on top here, and filter by "content posted in areas i follow". 

you will notice: there´s not much of useful information popping up there. not because the system doesnt work properly, but simply because there is almost nothing posted by ANet Staff in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Indeed.

ALLIANCES WHEN!?

COMMUNICATION WHEN!?

BALANCE EVER!?

the way  i believe players  will start playing is  more like: "More orgtanized Ktrain vs nothing  when?" 

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 4/7/2022 at 7:21 AM, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Are they? They posted half a year ago essentially then went back to ignoring us about something they promised 4 years ago. 

Really just shows essentially, they only communicate now when they think they need to here to prevent mass exodus. Back then Elden ring and the FF expansion was also coming out/LA, so they communicate, now through the year nothing new and bam, nothing. 

• Like 4

On 3/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Been 4(Four(FOUR)) years since this thread was created.. amazingly four posters have over 100 posts in here, almost half of the 902 posts! 😆 

Even full expansions get released faster than this... 🤭 😞

Amazing isn't it? It's like they're all just talking to each other and nobody else is even listening lmao!

Can we get an ANet based updateable & dedicated WvW RoadMap?

Updates to a Dedicated WvW RoadMap should be based on Forum Community Feedback & Actively Coordinated with the Overall WvW Community to allow positive change to the game mode.

Critical to note - Some players do not participate on the Forum.

Example of Previously Updatable & Dedicated WvW RoadMap.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

"To clarify, World Restructuring hasn't been actively developed since its original announcement in 2018. Previous studio leadership deprioritized the project shortly after it was announced. We put a team back on it last year. The idea has existed for 4+ years, but meaningful progress has mostly happened over the last year." - J. Davies on Reddit, 2 days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

"To clarify, World Restructuring hasn't been actively developed since its original announcement in 2018. Previous studio leadership deprioritized the project shortly after it was announced. We put a team back on it last year. The idea has existed for 4+ years, but meaningful progress has mostly happened over the last year." - J. Davies on Reddit, 2 days ago.

Oh, well, at least they are honest now that they really were ignoring us for 3 years. But I would not call what they have done so far in the last year much progress...

Edited by Kylden Ar.3724
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

--------------------------------------------------

2015-05-25 - Original Concept for My RoadMap

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Auto-Upgrades-Encourage-Home-World-Domination/page/2#post5098467

Asking ANet to save our WvW game mode as an unrecognized Game Director.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaILTs-_1z4

Personal Conviction & Hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

Hope this amuses some of the old time forum experts here.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 3:45 AM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

august 2022, still #allianceswhen

and stop nerfing the useful things, especially with the mass of cc currently in the game, thanks.

Structure buffs, loads of siege, less stabs... It seems Anet is trying to make WvW moer about randoms disorganized than fights o,O

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Oh I Meant to post here when it was the 2nd year anniversary to my sig link showing the promise of Alliances in 2021. Well happy late 2nd Anniversary! 2 years since we were told the soon was to end! 🙂

Necroing a 129 page post may seem like a way to make a point but has a lot of serious bad ideas built in. Not even sure where to begin. By trying to make a quick point for whatever reason you have you muddied the point and in a sense created more questions versus answered in what is the point of the post. So mind sharing what, where, when all the points, counter points, ANet points, YouTuber points, blog points, Player points, Forum points, and such you mean? Sorry this a point where policy and reality don't mix. You are right based on terms to pull an old thread versus new, I admit I disagree with those terms, due to the exact example you used. That's not directed at you but others. As I said in other posts its due to changes overtime and people need to back track older posts to make valid new posts when agreeing or disagreeing to prior posts. So in the end new threads might be a better policy.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1