How will voice program usage (teamspeak for example) look like to guildless people in WvW?

Arctisavange.7261

So with the servers being removed and people who arent in guilds then can someone explain that how will those people suppose to manage to help public raids due to servers individual teamspeak becoming obsolete?As someone who has been playing this game since day 1 and has been a public commander for many years then this is quite a concern to me. I myself have allways been attached to the community in my server rather then bind myself to a single guild. Aside from being forced to join a guild to not loose my community i have the other option of being a drifter who goes from matchups to matchups with new random people. So if id choose that second option then how am i suppose to solve the issue of communicating with random people via voice chat such as teamspeak which is a must have for anyone doing large scale organized fights in WvW?

I don't understand what the question you are putting forward is, but I am assuming you are afraid guildless people don't have access to the voice comms that a guild uses. Well access rights can simply be open to them by the guild, the only problem is where the guuld to guildless ratio is too high which will more likely lead to closed raids and exclusivity.

@Roxanne.6140 said:I don't understand what the question you are putting forward is, but I am assuming you are afraid guildless people don't have access to the voice comms that a guild uses. Well access rights can simply be open to them by the guild, the only problem is where the guuld to guildless ratio is too high which will more likely lead to closed raids and exclusivity.

Guilds can get a teamspeak server easy. Guildless people cant due to servers being removed amongst with making servers teamspeak worthless.

To make it easier as an example: im a pug, i play on X server atm, i visit X servers teamspeak all the time cause its open to everyone located in my X server. New changes kick in, i cant use X servers teamspeak anymore due to worlds being deleted. What am i suppose to do now?

@Chaba.5410 said:I predict Discord usage will explode.

Indeed. Discord makes it very easy for anyone to setup a channel. And there's all sorts of advantages (with the main disadvantage being a wonky client for some people and some issues for /tts users). ANet has said they plan to update the API, so authentication on a per 'Season' basis is likely going to be as easy as authentication is now. Unaffiliated players might have to request authentication slightly more often.

In short, for voice, I don't think the situation is all that different now for many of us, who have to figure out how to accommodate our linked partners.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:im guessing alliances will have their own voip. you wouldn't have to join said alliance to join said voip. no change really.

^^^Mostly this.

The WvW "pride/identity" notion will shift from being server-based to being alliance-based, and that will likely be definitional to the concept of "community" thereafter; similarly, VOIP will follow in suit. Granted there will be more alliances than there currently are servers, but in the WvW context, that may actually promote more diversity of choice and experience in the long run.

Time will tell. :)

Many pugs I've seen never join voice Comms, unless they make the effort to join the Discord server, which are like the old community sites we had.

It shouldn't be a problem, since most servers should at least have a Discord, but you still have teamspeak servers running, which can still be used among the same group of players in the new alliances. It shouldn't be too different to how it is now, since most alliances, will likely have the same players, wanting to play together in the same alliance.

Most servers will have alliance TS (old server ts).

Discord, a free app, can also get API verification and is pretty easy to use. Less problems than with teamspeak (just people need to hotkey and turn all the BLIMBLOM sounds off again, which seems pretty hard for lot of people).

I guess if someone is dedicated enough, he can also make discord that accepts people from all alliances and sorts their available channels by their submitted API key which seems pretty simple.

Imagine people from all servers using same discord, serverwide communication (or spying) has never been easier. Lul.

Hoping people wont make it too complicated (because people are selfish, "MUH ADMIN RIGHTS")and start using 5 different teamspeaks for different commanders on same server.

Edit: Or same teamspeak, I guess.

Heya Yeah as @Threather.9354 Mentioned. i have been Setting up the Vabbi/Underworld discord and Zyphex normaly sorted out the permissions.

Been setting it up and i am quite please with the Result

It's for me easy to mentain and as Riba Mentioned I have verfication trough api based on an Program in C#. (Making an new one with Django/python program.)

altough i am reworking soon the bot since the Alliance will come into place. (Whenever the new api will get released i am going to start work on it with an group of people.)

Acording teamspeak in my opinion its outdated and has better alternative as Discord (also concidering their api)

I could also provide screenshots how i setted it up.

One tip of Alliances who would gonna use discord CHECK NOTIFCATION SETTINGS!!!!!!: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/215253258-notifications-settings-101?page=3

If you would like to see some Info about how i set up the Discord Contact:

Nation#9744 <-- Discord ID.

Or email me Ingame or on Forum: I go own the nation.3714

If you would like to see how the bot works atm check you could even test on of our music bots:

https://vabbi.gw2discord.euhttps://uw.gw2discord.eu

And for builds we use https://ez.gw2discord.eu

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Eater of Peeps.9062" said:what about guildless players with no access to TS or discord or those guildless players who r deaf. guess their sol.Are you saying that people with no access to TS or discord or who are deaf was on TS or discord or heard things before Anet announced this change?

He's been making posts like this up and down several other threads, "Anet hates solo players who don't want to join guilds or talk to anyone or play with anyone except people on their current servers". It's a broken record.

Jumpin lumpix is that you?Eater or jumpin, makes no sense anyway.Discord is also used by communities, via text chat outside the game too. Who doesn't have Discord, unless they refuse to use it, to keep up with things happening in their community.

I even see pugs in chat, asking why do we still use TS, when there is Discord.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

I even see pugs in chat, asking why do we still use TS, when there is Discord.YMMV, but for me, Discord crashes more often, causes more problems with my system, and the sound quality is inferior to TS.

Also there is no channel chat, which is a huge PITA when you have to be muted but want to respond to the other people in the channel.

Archived