Last Stand Should Not Negate The First CC

shadowpass.4236

I'll tell you what. When Soulbeast doesn't have near perma stability, and Druid doesn't have a stunbreak/full condition cleanse and stealth/superspeed every 15 seconds, we can talk about warriors being able to negate one CC and then all others for 6 seconds every 40 seconds. Yeah I know SB can rip through boons, but Druids and Soulbeasts have so many boons that you can't keep up. Plus all the boon removals are dodgeable and most are highly telegraphed. Right now, the Balanced Stance auto proc trait is the only stability warriors have (unless they also run the utility itself, but most done).

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:The ability it procs is a stunbreak but usually in the other cases of break stun on CC in the game you still get interrupted and only then you get immediately out. It should just score the interrupt, would make it more consistent with the rest of the game too.

I can agree with this. The warrior should be interrupted, but then break the stun immediately.

@Toron.4856 said:LOL headshot the warrior, wait 4 secs. profit. gg.

1/4 sec daze is alrdy enough to trigger it.

whats the matter?

Yeah whenever I play thief, I always use a cheap cc to proc, kite until cc is gone, and rupt with impunity. In all honesty though the trait is a pretty big deal for warriors. In the few times I wvw roam, it’s insane how much easier war is when they drop the trait.

@Zintrothen.1056 said:I'll tell you what. When Soulbeast doesn't have near perma stability, and Druid doesn't have a stunbreak/full condition cleanse and stealth/superspeed every 15 seconds, we can talk about warriors being able to negate one CC and then all others for 6 seconds every 40 seconds. Yeah I know SB can rip through boons, but Druids and Soulbeasts have so many boons that you can't keep up. Plus all the boon removals are dodgeable and most are highly telegraphed. Right now, the Balanced Stance auto proc trait is the only stability warriors have (unless they also run the utility itself, but most done).

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:The ability it procs is a stunbreak but usually in the other cases of break stun on CC in the game you still get interrupted and only then you get immediately out. It should just score the interrupt, would make it more consistent with the rest of the game too.

I can agree with this. The warrior should be interrupted, but then break the stun immediately.

Of course! Because you should reward a warrior's inability to dodge an attack. You know, rangers have a trait called Shared Anguish too. Wanna know what it does? It transfers a SINGLE crowd control to our pet, once every 60 seconds. Lul.

SB can rip more than enough boons. It's what the spec is used for. Though that entire example is anecdotal at best.

whats the matter?

Ah yes. The solution is to be a thief. Fantastic. Ladies and gentlemen, this was an intelligent answer. /claps

@Kaga.7629 said:So you're going after a trait that's been the same for years now. Not impressed.

Like brosef said, cover the stun, that's all.

I'm aware that you just started playing the game recently, but not every class has spammable hard crowd control...

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Zintrothen.1056 said:I'll tell you what. When Soulbeast doesn't have near perma stability, and Druid doesn't have a stunbreak/full condition cleanse and stealth/superspeed every 15 seconds, we can talk about warriors being able to negate one CC and then all others for 6 seconds every 40 seconds. Yeah I know SB can rip through boons, but Druids and Soulbeasts have so many boons that you can't keep up. Plus all the boon removals are dodgeable and most are highly telegraphed. Right now, the Balanced Stance auto proc trait is the only stability warriors have (unless they also run the utility itself, but most done).

Of course! Because you should
reward
a warrior's inability to dodge an attack. You know, rangers have a trait called Shared Anguish too. Wanna know what it does? It
transfers
a SINGLE crowd control to our pet, once every 60 seconds. Lul.

SB can rip
more
than enough boons. It's what the spec is used for. Though that entire example is anecdotal at best.

whats the matter?

Ah yes. The solution is to be a thief.
Fantastic.
Ladies and gentlemen, this was an
intelligent
answer. /claps

@Kaga.7629 said:So you're going after a trait that's been the same for years now. Not impressed.

I'm aware that you just started playing the game recently, but not every class has spammable hard crowd control...

no that was just an example. every class has some sort of cc.

warrior uses dagger 3 to proc it, ranger can use the knockback to proc it or the smokescale either will proc it, rev can proc it with staff 5 and then land the main cc with surging rune and shocking aura, dh has tons of knockbacks and pulls as u hopefully know and it goes on and on. just use any CC, wait 5 secs then lend the main CC.

you are complaining about a trait that has been in the game forever. also its a grandmaster trait.... and stab only lasts 4 tiny little seconds. theres way better grandmaster traits out there. ppl were crying about balanced stance and it got its uptime reduced by 50% alrdy.

if u burn ur cds while war has block or endure pain up and then casts all his CC into the stabiliy its a learn 2 play issue.

the trait is not OP at all as pretty much everyone knows.

fighting warriors just requires more intelligence than fighting a rev for example. just learn how to deal with them and u wont be complaining about a grandmaster trait that has been nerfed by 50% alrdy.

@Wichidi.9281 said:

Of course! Because you should
reward
a warrior's inability to dodge an attack. You know, rangers have a trait called Shared Anguish too. Wanna know what it does? It
transfers
a SINGLE crowd control to our pet, once every 60 seconds. Lul.

SB can rip
more
than enough boons. It's what the spec is used for. Though that entire example is anecdotal at best.

whats the matter?

Ah yes. The solution is to be a thief.
Fantastic.
Ladies and gentlemen, this was an
intelligent
answer. /claps

no that was just an example. every class has some sort of cc.

warrior uses dagger 3 to proc it, ranger can use the knockback to proc it or the smokescale either will proc it, rev can proc it with staff 5 and then land the main cc with surging rune and shocking aura, dh has tons of knockbacks and pulls as u hopefully know and it goes on and on. just use any CC, wait 5 secs then lend the main CC.

you are complaining about a trait that has been in the game forever. also its a grandmaster trait.... and stab only lasts 4 tiny little seconds. theres way better grandmaster traits out there. ppl were crying about balanced stance and it got its uptime reduced by 50% alrdy.

if u burn ur cds while war has block or endure pain up and then casts all his CC into the stabiliy its a learn 2 play issue.

the trait is not OP at all as pretty much everyone knows.

fighting warriors just requires more intelligence than fighting a rev for example. just learn how to deal with them and u wont be complaining about a grandmaster trait that has been nerfed by 50% alrdy.

So if a warrior doesn't blow Shield Stance and Endure Pain, and instead saves them to use intelligently... You're saying we shouldn't use any cooldowns, is that right?

I've fought 1v1s against the best warriors in NA more times than I can count. I'm not complaining about warriors.

I'm saying that this trait should not negate the first cc that triggered it. Even the UTILITY Balanced Stance doesn't negate the first cc. You get cc'd, then you pop Balanced Stance. The utility isn't some auto-trigger instant stun break on a 40 second cooldown, so why should the Lesser version be stronger?

because its a passive. elixir S passive is auto trigger as well the utlilty isnt. lesser stone signet is also auto trigger when u drop under certain health same for all other passives. most ppl arent fans of passives but hey they are in the game and thats how they work.

when getting stunned, it procs. and one of the functions of balanced stance is that it breaks stunn. if u getting stunned the stunn doesnt rly count since it gets INSTANTLY stunnbroken.

i get ur point tho. but this function has its offside as well same as that u can just proc it by soft cc skills and wait 4 secs. elixir s passive has its offsides as well, like when ur casting ur heal to cleanse and its interrupted by elixir and u die to conditions.

@"Wichidi.9281" said:because its a passive. elixir S passive is auto trigger as well the utlilty isnt. lesser stone signet is also auto trigger when u drop under certain health same for all other passives. most ppl arent fans of passives but hey they are in the game and thats how they work.

Elixir S and Lesser Stone Signet (though the latter is never used) both affect power damage. I don't have an issue with them. A hard crowd control is a rarer thing to land but this trait throws all semblance of good timing and skill usage out of the window.

when getting stunned, it procs. and one of the functions of balanced stance is that it breaks stunn. if u getting stunned the stunn doesnt rly count since it gets INSTANTLY stunnbroken.

No. Utility Balanced Stance doesn't instantly stunbreak and negate a hard cc...

i get ur point tho. but this function has its offside as well same as that u can just proc it by soft cc skills and wait 4 secs. elixir s passive has its offsides as well, like when ur casting ur heal to cleanse and its interrupted by elixir and u die to conditions.

Soft CC skills do NOT trigger Last Stand.

I'm sorry but that is a terrible example... What does Elixir S's downside have ANYTHING to do with Last Stand? Like... seriously that makes no sense whatsoever."Last Stand is fine because Elixir S has a downside."

Logic ftw

i was talkin about the trait not the utility..

im pulling the elixir example to show u that passive traits have offsides.

and sry thats a mistake on my part i didnt mean soft CC. i meant weak CC. like dont use a 3 sec stunn. rather use a short daze..

@Wichidi.9281 said:

i was talkin about the trait not the utility..

im pulling the elixir example to show u that passive traits have offsides.

and sry thats a mistake on my part i didnt mean soft CC. i meant weak CC. like dont use a 3 sec stunn. rather use a short daze..

Fair enough.

Though it is important to note that not all classes have access to throwaway cc they can use to trigger Last Stand. Some classes only have 1 or 2 in their entire build. The fact that this trait can completely negate one of these without any meaningful interaction on the player's part, is an issue.

Like brosef said, cover the stun, that's all.Last Stand has been a problem since it first existed. However, trait configurations made other choices better in the past (Cleansing Ire primarly). The automatic stun break only came to the forefront more recently because spellbreaker doesn't have as many condi clear issues and takes Last Stand instead.

@"incisorr.9502" said:you're asking for a nerf on core warrior ability only because SPELLBREAKER is OP

and that's why this patch is horrible , arena net are falling for the same stuff too. Spellbreaker needs nerfs not core warrior or berserker - what you're asking for is a nerf on all of these

1) Spellbreaker already had nerfs, both to full Counter AND warrior core traits. And this was done BEFORE "push 4 buttons to delete anything" scourges.2) He just wants to autokill warriors without trying because it's what he thinks the world should be like : Warrior == free kill.

3) Anet failed us a long time ago. The past 3 seasons are just the confirmation.

Also, funny enough the poster got banned from the forums for some reason ?

Archived