Mouse Cursor Showing when it should be hidden - Discord Related?

@Shailyn Slay.7234 said:Yep, I definitely also have this bug from time to time (I guess more or less since PoF release? honestly don't remember ...).

I do often have discord running in the background and while I don't have a working overlay I may have the option enabled in discord.

Best of my knowledge, discord injects the code required to display the in-game overlay regardless of it being active or not. This did, in fact, cause trouble for me in a different game some time back, which is how I learned that exciting fact. Fully exiting the app seemed to prevent it, and is certainly worth testing to see if there is a relationship, IMO.

• 8 months later...

Clearly, this is a bug, related with mouse cursors hide issue, during alt+tabing and similar actions, when mouse up event is not received as game client was switched to the another windows program, eg. desktop. Similar in old times DOS programs reacted to ALT+TAB, when sometimes some action still was executed, as specific key was pressed during alt+tab and needed to press and release it again to reset the state. Devs could fix it easy. Saying this as developer, not of this game of course.

Interesting, how possible to workaround it, to reset this mouse cursor's state. Hard to say , how do they implemented it: with flag state or incremental/decremental visibility., but need just to reset this variable value.

P. S. Issue happening without having 3rd party software, eg. discord, teamspeak or anything, even during regular play... I think after alt+tab., but not always . Maybe during alt+tab, when was interacted with mouse as well, but need to check. This is pretty annoying bug as requires restart of the client = time waste.. Huh, they can reset this state after ALT+TAB, when player back to the game!

Archived