Reasons to get hyped about alliances

Riba.3271

I posted this as reply to another post. But we need a thread where we can be positive about alliances so ill just put it here!

@Threather.9354 said:Alliances solve 2 blatant problems:

• Bandvagoning to whatever server is doing well. Fight alliances can finally try to win matchups because they're obviously better players than casual servers. Means stronger servers will finally be on top instead of dodging going there because potential 500 gem transfers that refuse to join voice comms. Now they will have to pay 1000-1800 gems per 8 weeks and find out where to transfer which will be seriously hard for a casual player.
  • Each world will have equal population at start of matchup. It means servers like Bg wont have 20% more players and 5000 more players dormant waiting for bg to start losing matchup.

Now it might solve following problems:

• Declining player population because: 1) PvE/PvP guilds can transfer together for free to test WvW, typically each guild has 1 commander that will get excited about it and then form a core inside PvE guild that will have fun together 2) Also theres bunch of servers that dont want to play often because fights in T1 are pretty terrible.
  • Organisation and quality of fights in general, like 90% of the pugs don't belong to guilds atm meaning they have almost 0 reason to run even remotely good builds. Thus they play dragonhunters and rangers and other bad classes for the scale of fights in question. Joining a guild will give you more incentives to relog, provide more information about meta and give you more faith in the players around you.
  • Amount of commanders. Theres a reason to win now so theres a reason to ppt/ppk/defend. All enemies will have now organised alliance to arrange fights with.
  • Finding casual WvW guild will be easier because they are on decline atm. There will be options to choose from alliances recruiting or PvE guilds recruiting for WvW action. Guilds that you have fun with keep players in the game, not a silent core community that you feel comfortable around...
  • Surge of old players back to WvW. Theres also LOT OF HYPE going on around the upcoming change. Id approximate about 10 fight commanders coming back to EU for at least a few months to test the game again. Thats like doubling the current number.
  • Fight servers being overly oppressive: They cant control the amount/quality of pugs by match manipulation anymore. They will reluctantly train the pugs and the game will get better quality in general. 2000 random pugs will give even old bad fighting servers a chance to win some fights during the week. For example, I havent seen a single fight where Piken won against Vabbi this week with equal numbers. Now server like vabbi cant be stacked by fighting players anymore because there will be 2000 random WvW players that didnt have a guild.

@"Threather.9354" said:Organisation and quality of fights in general, like 90% of the pugs don't belong to guilds atm meaning they have almost 0 reason to run even remotely good builds.

The quality of fights in the game has been trash since HoT because the combat has gone downhill, "good" builds don't do anything but amplify the dull skilless cancer that the combat in the game has become, which is one of the reasons most even vaguely competent players have left or barely play anymore, it is only those addicted that are still under the delusion that you have good "quality" fights anymore.

So many reassons, 3 way fights again in NA those are dead long time ago, bandwagoners will no longer be able to transfer to my server and que EBG with useless players/guilds i never wanted, yay, fuck all those leechers who just want to be carried arround by me will now actualy have to work hard getting better or just do us all favor and quit the game for good. No more server tanking literally the stupidest thing i have ever seen on any ranking system on any game i played so far in 20 years. Being able to play whith my friends no having to worry about my server opening or having to move my whole guild of a server just because we cannot get some people we want into it. Most important for me will be the condensed activity honestly, having active servers again full ques everyday 3 way action, WvW is designed to have 3 servers on the map for a reasson, when there is only 2 it just leads to boredom for everybody unless those 2 servers are very even (literally never the case)

@"Rampage.7145" said:So many reassons, 3 way fights again in NA those are dead long time ago, bandwagoners will no longer be able to transfer to my server and que EBG with useless players/guilds i never wanted, yay, kitten all those leechers who just want to be carried arround by me will now actualy have to work hard getting better or just do us all favor and quit the game for good. No more server tanking literally the stupidest thing i have ever seen on any ranking system on any game i played so far in 20 years. Being able to play whith my friends no having to worry about my server opening or having to move my whole guild of a server just because we cannot get some people we want into it. Most important for me will be the condensed activity honestly, having active servers again full ques everyday 3 way action, WvW is designed to have 3 servers on the map for a reasson, when there is only 2 it just leads to boredom for everybody unless those 2 servers are very even (literally never the case)

1. Red has a disadvantage due to map design. If the worlds are even close to being balanced, red will lose every time. No one wants a guaranteed loss.Anet designed the maps, I know they have played a little so they have to know this (not to mention we have been telling them).
  2. Matchups will still devolve in to people praying that they don't get stuck in the highest tier against X's alliance. When they do get stuck in the "bad" matchup they will go pve or log. People want loot/ranks and easy wins, when they can't get it, they will transfer or play another game mode.
  3. The game has 3 player types: the PPT only to win, the "I want fights" (but only when we can steamroll them) crowd, and the militia.The new alliances are NOT going to change anything except people will have to deal with different people every 8 weeks.

Congratulations on your victory PPT to win folks.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@"Rampage.7145" said:So many reassons, 3 way fights again in NA those are dead long time ago, bandwagoners will no longer be able to transfer to my server and que EBG with useless players/guilds i never wanted, yay, kitten all those leechers who just want to be carried arround by me will now actualy have to work hard getting better or just do us all favor and quit the game for good. No more server tanking literally the stupidest thing i have ever seen on any ranking system on any game i played so far in 20 years. Being able to play whith my friends no having to worry about my server opening or having to move my whole guild of a server just because we cannot get some people we want into it. Most important for me will be the condensed activity honestly, having active servers again full ques everyday 3 way action, WvW is designed to have 3 servers on the map for a reasson, when there is only 2 it just leads to boredom for everybody unless those 2 servers are very even (literally never the case)
  1. Red has a disadvantage due to map design. If the worlds are even close to being balanced, red will lose every time. No one wants a guaranteed loss.Anet designed the maps, I know they have played a little so they have to know this (not to mention we have been telling them).
  2. Matchups will still devolve in to people praying that they don't get stuck in the highest tier against X's alliance. When they do get stuck in the "bad" matchup they will go pve or log. People want loot/ranks and easy wins, when they can't get it, they will transfer or play another game mode.
  3. The game has 3 player types: the PPT only to win, the "I want fights" (but only when we can steamroll them) crowd, and the militia.The new alliances are NOT going to change anything except people will have to deal with different people every 8 weeks.

1. LOL what? RED has a massive advantage in EBG, only server which keep cannot be trebed from towers and only keep that can treb SMC 24/7 from the safety of their keep, RED borderland is hands down the easiest borderland to defend in the game.
  2. alliances are no the same than worlds, worlds contain multiple alliances in it, the whole idea of the system is that a solo alliance cannot solo carry a whole world, is brilliant, it cannot be bandwagoned.
  3. different people is good, u get to know more players, new people u would not be able to meet otherwise, those players might actually happen to want or like playing with you and join your guild alliance or whatver and strenghten your comunity overall, not to mention you server will not be locked forever so your friends who just came back to the game or are completely new to the game will always be able to join you.

@Ubi.4136 said:

1. Matchups will still devolve in to people praying that they don't get stuck in the highest tier against X's alliance. When they do get stuck in the "bad" matchup they will go pve or log. People want loot/ranks and easy wins, when they can't get it, they will transfer or play another game mode.

I don't think the concept of "tier" will be the same in the new system. Theoretically the randomization will put every world on equal footing (yes, I know some will randomly end up with a little bit better/more dedicated population to start with since nothing will ever be 100% perfectly equal). Even if they do start placing worlds that won week 1 against other winning worlds, etc., it will still take half the season for any sort of real "tiering" to start to unfold, and even then the worlds that won the first few matchups won't be nearly as dominant over the ones that didn't compared to the laughable matchups you'd get if you stuck BG against a tier 4 server.

That's assuming a progressive set of matchups rather than a completely random/round-robin style, which I don't think has been clarified by Anet yet. I actually kind of like the idea of untiered matchups, where by the end of the season every world has played every other world at least once, and no one has any reason to "tank" or give up because you never know for sure which 2 worlds you'll see next week.

@Euryon.9248 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

1. Matchups will still devolve in to people praying that they don't get stuck in the highest tier against X's alliance. When they do get stuck in the "bad" matchup they will go pve or log. People want loot/ranks and easy wins, when they can't get it, they will transfer or play another game mode.

I don't think the concept of "tier" will be the same in the new system. Theoretically the randomization will put every world on equal footing (yes, I know some will randomly end up with a little bit better/more dedicated population to start with since nothing will ever be 100% perfectly equal). Even if they do start placing worlds that won week 1 against other winning worlds, etc., it will still take half the season for any sort of real "tiering" to start to unfold, and even then the worlds that won the first few matchups won't be nearly as dominant over the ones that didn't compared to the laughable matchups you'd get if you stuck BG against a tier 4 server.

That's assuming a progressive set of matchups rather than a completely random/round-robin style, which I don't think has been clarified by Anet yet. I actually kind of like the idea of untiered matchups, where by the end of the season every world has played every other world at least once, and no one has any reason to "tank" or give up because you never know for sure which 2 worlds you'll see next week.

Yet by week 3-4 people will still tank to avoid certain matchups, people will again be complaining/stating that winning doesn't matter. Of course the people who usually note that are the ones who tank, and /or the ines whose world doesn't win.

@Rampage.7145 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:So many reassons, 3 way fights again in NA those are dead long time ago, bandwagoners will no longer be able to transfer to my server and que EBG with useless players/guilds i never wanted, yay, kitten all those leechers who just want to be carried arround by me will now actualy have to work hard getting better or just do us all favor and quit the game for good. No more server tanking literally the stupidest thing i have ever seen on any ranking system on any game i played so far in 20 years. Being able to play whith my friends no having to worry about my server opening or having to move my whole guild of a server just because we cannot get some people we want into it. Most important for me will be the condensed activity honestly, having active servers again full ques everyday 3 way action, WvW is designed to have 3 servers on the map for a reasson, when there is only 2 it just leads to boredom for everybody unless those 2 servers are very even (literally never the case)

1. LOL what? RED has a massive advantage in EBG, only server which keep cannot be trebed from towers and only keep that can treb SMC 24/7 from the safety of their keep, RED borderland is hands down the easiest borderland to defend in the game.
  2. alliances are no the same than worlds, worlds contain multiple alliances in it, the whole idea of the system is that a solo alliance cannot solo carry a whole world, is brilliant, it cannot be bandwagoned.
  3. different people is good, u get to know more players, new people u would not be able to meet otherwise, those players might actually happen to want or like playing with you and join your guild alliance or whatver and strenghten your comunity overall, not to mention you server will not be locked forever so your friends who just came back to the game or are completely new to the game will always be able to join you.

EBG red keep can be trebbed from any red tower if the adversary cap it, and top hill can hit inner and outter walls

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Rampage.7145 said:So many reassons, 3 way fights again in NA those are dead long time ago, bandwagoners will no longer be able to transfer to my server and que EBG with useless players/guilds i never wanted, yay, kitten all those leechers who just want to be carried arround by me will now actualy have to work hard getting better or just do us all favor and quit the game for good. No more server tanking literally the stupidest thing i have ever seen on any ranking system on any game i played so far in 20 years. Being able to play whith my friends no having to worry about my server opening or having to move my whole guild of a server just because we cannot get some people we want into it. Most important for me will be the condensed activity honestly, having active servers again full ques everyday 3 way action, WvW is designed to have 3 servers on the map for a reasson, when there is only 2 it just leads to boredom for everybody unless those 2 servers are very even (literally never the case)

EBG red keep can be trebbed from any red tower if the adversary cap it, and top hill can hit inner and outter walls

This is true for any keep, yet Red keep has massive highground advantage over the surrounding towers compred to the other keeps this makes defense of the keep way easier and very easy to rain siege fire into the towers too.

@Rampage.7145 said:

You can actually treb it from Mendon. Red keep can also be trebbed from smc. And regarding dbl, it's only easy to defend if no one from other servers come on, otherwise it is about the same as getting towers from anywhere else, possibly even harder for a smaller defending group as there are more attack points on keep/garri.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Also, you very likely will get one or two (likely more) initial laughable matchups in the start of each season. With one up one down, that will even out after a couple of weeks, but still have worlds tank.

Has Anet clarified that matchups will be "one up one down"? If they do a random-ish round robin, there will be zero point in tanking since it will have no effect on who you play next matchup.

Also I'm not ready to concede that matchups will be "laughable". One or two worlds may emerge as the best for a given season, but if Anet does a reasonably good job with the world creation, I doubt any matchup will be the kind of roflstomp you'd get with several matchups you'd currently see on the NA side at least.

@Euryon.9248 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Also, you very likely will get one or two (likely more) initial laughable matchups in the start of each season. With one up one down, that will even out after a couple of weeks, but still have worlds tank.

Has Anet clarified that matchups will be "one up one down"? If they do a random-ish round robin, there will be zero point in tanking since it will have no effect on who you play next matchup.

Also I'm not ready to concede that matchups will be "laughable". One or two worlds may emerge as the best for a given season, but if Anet does a reasonably good job with the world creation, I doubt any matchup will be the kind of roflstomp you'd get with several matchups you'd currently see on the NA side at least.

They have said as definitively as anything can be, that it is one up one down.

People will tank as some alliances will be PPT focused, and some will be PPK focused. People will gravitate towards like minded people. It's human nature. So, the 'fights' focused groups won't want to deal with the PPT crowd, and will tank to lower tiers.

Laughable, might have been a stretch, but let's face it, people will maneuver accordingly.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:They have said as definitively as anything can be, that it is one up one down.

People will tank as some alliances will be PPT focused, and some will be PPK focused. People will gravitate towards like minded people. It's human nature. So, the 'fights' focused groups won't want to deal with the PPT crowd, and will tank to lower tiers.

Laughable, might have been a stretch, but let's face it, people will maneuver accordingly.

Sure alliance will have lot of control over their active timezone but dont forget they're matched based on their active hours. Meaning want it or not, they will inflate their score during those hours and blame "night" or "Morning" crew for winning skirmishes. But you cant control 2000 randomly matched players and commanders that know they will be separated in 8 weeks anyways.

You just cant control the PPT within your server with the new system if you still plan to win fights because it will inflate your score. Fighting alliance will naturally go T1, because High KDR, more won fights -> more points. "PPT alliances" might try to match that but that obviously means more hours thus less population next matching.

Also winning matchups doesnt have BAD RESULTS anymore with too many transfers to your server you can never get rid of. You can just kick them out every 8 weeks. Lets say you win/farm 3 weeks, some 100 plebs might transfer, but after that no1 will want to transfer for less than 4 weeks because alliance realignment will be soon.

don't think this world change will bring any difference to gameplay of WvW gamemode. it only prevent my world died argument. many old players quited from the game not their world died but the gamemode became too stale, too much pressure on certain roles like commander,scouts and no reason to win.

• There will be always one side wipes the other group within 5 seconds, because of having high numbers and the other group stays in keep and never gets out till they outnumber the other group.
  • siege fights are boring and not creative. wvw perks are useless, tactivators are bad design.
  • If you try to stream/post gw2 videos, people who is not familiar with gw2 has no idea whats going on. too many cleave skills (damage/buff) makes ball movement necessary. too many big animations/auras.
  • imbalanced builds. rock, scissors, paper balancing.
  • there isn't any tutorials for wvw gamemode. both large scale/small scale builds best in slot exotic gear should be introduced in the game instead some random websites/reddit
  • exotic gears in wvw weapon/armor merchant lacks variety and needs to be more easy to accesible to new players.

Archived