PK

Riddik.6510

@"Riddik.6510" said:Can you get PKed or Finished by another player anywhere on the map? because it looks like i just got "finished" by a mentor while doing vet... just wondering if thats possible in this MMO. thank you

I don't think you can be PKed anywhere outside of World Vs. World or PvP areas (The mists). If you wandered into the Arena in Heart of the mists or any WVW map, players can and will kill you there.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Riddik.6510" said:Can you get PKed or Finished by another player anywhere on the map? because it looks like i just got "finished" by a mentor while doing vet... just wondering if thats possible in this MMO. thank you

I don't think you can be PKed anywhere outside of World Vs. World or PvP areas (The mists). If you wandered into the Arena in Heart of the mists or any WVW map, players can and will kill you there.

I must been imagining things then... the Vet must have transformed into a charr mentor and put a rabbit flag thru me.... lol obviously it is possible.... very disappointing .

@Riddik.6510 said:

@Riddik.6510 said:Can you get PKed or Finished by another player anywhere on the map? because it looks like i just got "finished" by a mentor while doing vet... just wondering if thats possible in this MMO. thank you

I must been imagining things then... the Vet must have transformed into a charr mentor and put a rabbit flag thru me.... lol obviously it is possible.... very disappointing .You didnt say where you where.

If another player killed you in an sPvP match, that sort of happens fairly regurlarly.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Riddik.6510 said:Can you get PKed or Finished by another player anywhere on the map? because it looks like i just got "finished" by a mentor while doing vet... just wondering if thats possible in this MMO. thank you

I must been imagining things then... the Vet must have transformed into a charr mentor and put a rabbit flag thru me.... lol obviously it is possible.... very disappointing .You didnt say where you where.

If another player killed you in an sPvP match, that sort of happens fairly regurlarly.

... doing vet... not PvP area.... normal map....... no matter where u go u find dogs...

I've seen it happen. There are certain story events that allow you to become 'red' to other players. I don't know if they let you use your skills and abilities though, but I think I remember being able to keep engi kit abilities. I don't know how you get back to regular pve with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone found an exploit.

Kind of a shame, 'cause open-world pvp would be exciting and I would actually want to spend time in the PvE maps.

@coro.3176 said:I've seen it happen. There are certain story events that allow you to become 'red' to other players. I don't know if they let you use your skills and abilities though, but I think I remember being able to keep engi kit abilities. I don't know how you get back to regular pve with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone found an exploit.

Kind of a shame, 'cause open-world pvp would be exciting and I would actually want to spend time in the PvE maps.

Yeah, no. I'd bet at least 80% of the PvE population would never log in again if they dropped world PvP on them. You have that in WvW anyway.

Sigh. It's true, but it's a shame because there are so many great maps in the game, and WvW/PvP is limited to the same ones for years. I'd even welcome switching up the WvW maps with .. say, EotM or something (just for a week or two), but the WvW population would never have it. They like their EBG too much.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

@coro.3176 said:I've seen it happen. There are certain story events that allow you to become 'red' to other players. I don't know if they let you use your skills and abilities though, but I think I remember being able to keep engi kit abilities. I don't know how you get back to regular pve with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone found an exploit.

Kind of a shame, 'cause open-world pvp would be exciting and I would actually
want
to spend time in the PvE maps.

Yeah, no. I'd bet at least 80% of the PvE population would never log in again if they dropped world PvP on them. You have that in WvW anyway.

Agreed. The last thing you want to do right now is force PVE mains and PVP mains to look at each other.

@Riddik.6510 Could you tell us on which map this happened and maybe where on that map? As far as I know there are some mobs (bandit lords) that can use finishers. Some Chak can also finish you, but they don't use visible finishers.

In GW2 the game modes are strictly separated. There is no PvP on any PvE map. Well, there have been some bugs that made open world PvP possible, but those have been fixed really quick.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

Kind of a shame, 'cause open-world pvp would be exciting and I would actually
want
to spend time in the PvE maps.

Yeah, no. I'd bet at least 80% of the PvE population would never log in again if they dropped world PvP on them

Totally worth it though

@Riddik.6510 said:

I must been imagining things then... the Vet must have transformed into a charr mentor and put a rabbit flag thru me.... lol obviously it is possible.... very disappointing .

Wait, did you actually die? Or did he just plant the flag? Because you can use /rank to place a rank flag in front of you.Other than that there's a few mobs that will use finishers (not rank ones), and some specific circumstances where you'll be flagged as an enemy and can be targeted in pve (like in Ember Bay when you transform into a mursaat for the Living Story)

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Wait, did you actually die? Or did he just plant the flag? Because you can use /rank to place a rank flag in front of you.Other than that there's a few mobs that will use finishers (not rank ones), and some specific circumstances where you'll be flagged as an enemy and can be targeted in pve (like in Ember Bay when you transform into a mursaat for the Living Story)

i thought he was going to heal me... but he finished me off. lol

@Riddik.6510 said:

Where was that though?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Where was that though?

The Vet was female and used a rectangle AOL of fire and slides on it... sry for not being more precise. i will recognize it once i end up there again.

What do you mean by a "mentor"? Anyway, you saying that while you were fighting a Veteran monster a player appeared and finished you off? The only map that I can think of something like this happening, and is because a bug, is Silverwastes...if you pay the Champion Bandit to be able to cross her camp without triggering the traps, you kind of turn "red" for a while, guess the game put you on the "Bandit Faction" or something...when the map was released players could actually engage on combat with other players that had pay the bandit...some time later Anet "fixed" this...maybe this event got bugged...i dont know, its the only thing that i can think about it.

@Felipe.1807 said:

What do you mean by a "mentor"? Anyway, you saying that while you were fighting a Veteran monster a player appeared and finished you off? The only map that I can think of something like this happening, and is because a bug, is Silverwastes...if you pay the Champion Bandit to be able to cross her camp without triggering the traps, you kind of turn "red" for a while, guess the game put you on the "Bandit Faction" or something...when the map was released players could actually engage on combat with other players that had pay the bandit...some time later Anet "fixed" this...maybe this event got bugged...i dont know, its the only thing that i can think about it.

I followed the mentor tag... thats how i got there.. just the 2 of us... maybe u right and was a glitch/bug... but thats what i saw on the screen... i went down... i thought that he was gone heal..but finished me instead.... i was healing myself...had half a health when the flag impaled me. loli am new to GW 2. wasn't a PK area.. the vet didn't die.. i went back.. vet killed the mentor ... Weird. if u guys reckon it cant be done...IDKthank you for the feedback anyways.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Where was that though?

found the Vet...Champion Aerl The Silent.. at Highwayman's Vale in Brisbane Wildlands.

May be helpful to the game Anet implement a province sistem, that allows guilds to owner strongholds/fortress/palaces through siege like events.

• Only players on the siege area can be hitted by others players.
  • Guild Wars are allowed. Players of enemy guild can be hitted everywere on pve map. Both guilds need agree with the war.
  • Each map/area on pve may have a siege area.

This may increase the fun and at same time prevent pve players from be affected by this pvp sistem.

@Riddik.6510 said:

Where was that though?

found the Vet...Champion Aerl The Silent.. at Highwayman's Vale in Brisbane Wildlands.

OH, that was probably not a player, was there a big bubble nearby? You probably got finished by an executioner.

Archived