Customization ideas

Angryginger.6147

How would people feel about a tonic style item that allowed you to change what race you appear as allowing players to have the appearance of another race without losing all character specific progression such as birthday items, hero point unlocks unlocks, bags and bag slots, profession levels personal story completion map completion etc. while restricting access to any new race specific things such as abilities or unique story dialogue. If possible it would be cool to see the model contained in the tonic be changeable, perhaps with the appearance change kits. I imagine this being a moderately expensive gem store item with perhaps an item for each race, if you wanted it to fit into lore to not be too immersion breaking you could make it a Mesmer themed item similar to how Balthazar used Lyssa's mirror to appear as a Mursaat. I feel it could be a cool item to let players be a little more free to chose the looks of their character which i feel is an area in which GW2 excels.

Secondly as an owner of the legendary greatsword Eternity i feel that it can be a little hard to create a strong character appearance with, this being due to the fact that it's 2 forms have vastly different appearances and so with characters like my reaper or warrior the night form suits the style a lot more but with my guardian it really looks quite off. We have the option to use the appearance of twilight or sunrise but they lack the unique features of eternity. So my suggestion is to make it possible to choose to use one form of the weapon consistently either through transmutation or a right click option on it to lock it into either form.

Would love to know what people think about these ideas, obviously nothing vital to the game but nonetheless i think they would be nice additions for those of us who care about this kind of thing.

No to race change tonics that would allow you to play as that race all the time with only a few restrictions.

Yes to a switch-option for Eternity. I do not own that sword, but I have often found myself thinking how much cooler it looks with its sparkling gem at its pommel compared to the respective single-shape sword, and how it would be nice to have said sparkling gem while keeping the sword's preferred appearance.

Archived