Reduce duration of griffon's "flap during dive" animation

Cronos.6532

Right now, if you flap (spacebar) during the dive animation, you lock yourself into nosediving towards the ground. If you misjudge your currently altitude press this at the wrong time, you crash, and the flight is ruined. I think it would make for some cool close call situations if you were able to recover or break out of this animation somehow, and level out or swoop up just before you hit the ground to avoid this sort of problem. I think it would make using the griffon mount feel a lot better, too. Right now the animations feel very delayed; the griffon doesn't really react to the keys I press right away, even with 30 ping, compared to the satisfying feeling of pressing a button and something happening right away.

So there is some balance issues that might have to do with this. If you get a dive off, then you get a certain amount of horizontal speed. It was intended for higher ledges not small ledges. This might be a concern to them and why they might of changed the "bug".

If they did let you pull up they might have to add more instructions/coding to the game so that you don't get massive vertical or horizontal from a small dive. I'm pretty sure the engine is taxed already as it is. They may not be able to be flexible in this situation.

Archived