[PVP/WvW] Does any1 use another healing skill instead of the Turret one, for Holosmith?

WilnerGW.3275

I tried running Coolant Blast, holo's heal, but it's not even close to Healing Turret. Holo's finishers are too good to run without a water field, and Turret provides two, with AoE cleanse to support team mates.

What I want to try is to give up Lazor for Mortar Kit and run Coolant Blast and Purity of Purpose. Cauterize could work really well. But then Lazor is just so good.

In PvP if I'm running Scrapper I run Medic Gyro. With Inventions/Alchemy traits the gyro deployment will remove 2 conditions and the tool belt skill will remove 1 per pulse (5 total).

Even if it doesn't live through its whole duration it still outputs a solid amount of healing for a tanky spec like scrapper.

@WilnerGW.3275 said:Title.

Every single build i see, people pick the healing turret skill for Holosmith. Does any1 use any other healing skill?

And if so, are u enjoying it?

As everyone has said, the water fields from HT are just too dang useful. I can get several thousands of extra health that I couldn't get from any other heal skill, as well as provide AoE heal/cleanse to allies. I've tried all the other heals -- AED, Elixir H, Coolant Blast, Med Gyro. AED is unreliable at best, Elixir H is subpar, Coolant blast could be better due to its reliance on the heat mechanic, and med gyro was also subpar.

And then there's medkit. lul

I mostly just do WvW and I’ve been experimenting with different heals myself. I am currently using AED. Really like the emergency use of it, a 12k heal is nothing to overlook. I don't understand my most people dislike it though, but would like to know the reason.

I’ve also used coolant blast and it works great to but you have to be heated up to use it to it’s full potential and there’s times when you aren’t at that required condition. The tool belt function is fairly nice too.

I personally don’t like HT. I know most people say it’s the best, but I don’t like having a heal, which is normally used in an immediate emergency, to be dependent on other factors, such as having to blast the field. That’s just my play style though.

@TheWolf.1602, I’ve played with it a bit and actually do like it, but it’s realy hard to get out of the habit of relying on 6 to heal you and use f1 instead.

Archived