An Update On Episode 2

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Chickenooble.5014" said:As long as you guys don't make more "Astralarium Stairs" in the next release, you can have as much time as you need. If I see some shoddy environment design like that mess of a building then I'm going to get really upset with you guys and buy fewer gems.

I didnt see anything messy about the design of the astralarium. The mount movement abilitues made it even easier to move around.

It wasn’t that noticeable to me but one thing I have had issues with and will probably be forced to continue to have issues with is a majority of the rubble and buried buildings in Windswept Haven. So much wasted space that I don’t have any ideas to decorate. :( It definitely seems like the only aspect of POF aside from weird story instance disconnects that was rushed and given a little bit less thought. (Possibly just spoiled by Gilded Hollow and it’s infinite potential for exploration or Lost Precipices feeling of actually being an inhabitable city that had a thriving civilization and unique culture instead of Windswept which even when fully upgraded looks like random Djinn/Vabbian/what is the theme here? buildings of which the majority are buried without a secret cave entrance or anything other than a bunch of rooftops above a barren desert with terrain that is impossible to decorate because almost every bit of the terrain is uneven and decorations generally look like they’re floating in midair. Also, there’s a random collision in front of the scribe building to the left of the synthesizers that seems to be left over from when the building wasn’t upgraded, just in the middle of the outside platform.)

Sorry, I may be a bit too passionate about Guild Halls. But they are a huge investment to the players, especially if one like myself solo invests in a majority of the upgrades and decorations and they are an interest seemingly so niche that even the developers don’t seem interested in investing resources into outside of a few specific festivals and occasional fractal decorations that cost an arm, two legs, and both kidneys as well as months to collect the items to craft. The raid decorations are always fairy nice though, I just don’t raid so I have to wait for an lfg advertisement selling the tokens. (A lot of the tokens and craftable decorations could be made tradable at some point to aid smaller guild in financing upgrades and recuperating costs for scribes, as well as simplifing certain recipes that already need a serious rework like the various potted plants and trees. Just a suggestion but given the bugs with buying multiple decorations from the token vendor there seems to be some major programming hindrances with the decoration system as a whole.)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Evolute.6239 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Not really new; it's happened before. I don't believe it's been 3 months quite yet.

I imagine issues 'pop-up' when they test the finished (hopefully) product/release on their in-house live servers. I'd bet we would rather they test it there, rather than test it on our live servers...wouldn't you?

Next Wed is 3 months since Daybreak released. Time flies, I know!

Since we get a trailer a week in advance, we're breaking the 3 month cadence by a bit (a week or two, nbd).

Including or excluding the two week vacation they took?

@WZC.7910 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Hmmm, last time we had a lengthy release, we got Balthazar and neo-Primordus revealed.

Calling it now, reveal of Grenth disguised as Joko, and Scleritethin (aka Selbbub) will finally be revealed. All the while, we fight at the bottom of a whirlpool.

(EDIT: Okay, that can actually be pretty kitten epic to fight the DSD in a small area of ground surrounded by roiling water that the dragon's head, claws, etc. pops out of to strike at us.)

@yoni.7015 said:The statement doesn’t say anything :-1:

It actually says three things.

1) they wanted to release trailer today, but won't be2) they won't be due to newly discovered issues that they're currently fixing3) trailer and release date will come when issues are fixed.

More likely Lyssa is the next villain

Lyssa is caithe. :trollface: :tongue:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Not really new; it's happened before. I don't believe it's been 3 months quite yet.

I imagine issues 'pop-up' when they test the finished (hopefully) product/release on their in-house live servers. I'd bet we would rather they test it there, rather than test it on our live servers...wouldn't you?

Since we get a trailer a week in advance, we're breaking the 3 month cadence by a bit (a week or two, nbd).

Doesnt matter that they took 2 weeks. The've been working on it since the end of se3.

@zealex.9410 said:

Doesnt matter that they took 2 weeks. The've been working on it since the end of se3.

It does because work will continue on it up until they lock it in place, which isn't done until just before release. They have stated this a few times in the AMA's, even if they are working on other episodes

@Randulf.7614 said:

It does because work will continue on it up until they lock it in place, which isn't done until just before release. They have stated this a few times in the AMA's, even if they are working on other episodes

Still they never said that the 3 month period tops will be abjusted for vacations and such.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Not really new; it's happened before. I don't believe it's been 3 months quite yet.

Still they never said that the 3 month period tops will be abjusted for vacations and such.

"They will roughly follow the 2~3 months release cadence of Living Story episodes for the new expansion, with some leeway."

That was from an AMA summary during LS3 concerning LS3 epsidoes, Expansion and subsequent episodes. The 2-3 month cadence has always been an aim, never a cast iron lock to the day. Regardless of how anyone interprets the summary, common sense dictates that small delays for major holidays are likely and forgivable

@zealex.9410 said:

They did last year

Thank you for that information as we were getting excited for the upcoming episode :)

I for one was a little dismayed at the "new" 2-3 Month release cycle fearing it would not give us time to complete Episode one or return to PoF for more achievements. Having had a festival, some PoF, and Living World Season 4: Episode 1 to juggle I find that the pace is quite nice but would still rather a 3-4 Month release cycle. We enjoy the nooks and crannies ;) and time to take our altz through (I try to get each prof. through the content @ min. yeah that's 9 times :) and no it doesn't get boring for us ) expansions and Living World Seasons. I realize I am but one voice saying "Take your time, it's cool!" but I hope there are many more that feel the same way. Besides we are only on Scroll 2: Verse 11 ;) <3 <3

P.S. The direction PoF and Living World Season 4 is going is AWESOME! I can't say enough or ask for more of that kind of content <3 <3 <3 Looking forward to more =)

@"Seth Moonshadow.2710" said:Thank you for that information as we were getting excited for the upcoming episode :)

I for one was a little dismayed at the "new" 2-3 Month release cycle fearing it would not give us time to complete Episode one or return to PoF for more achievements. Having had a festival, some PoF, and Living World Season 4: Episode 1 to juggle I find that the pace is quite nice but would still rather a 3-4 Month release cycle. We enjoy the nooks and crannies ;) and time to take our altz through (I try to get each prof. through the content @ min. yeah that's 9 times :) and no it doesn't get boring for us ) expansions and Living World Seasons. I realize I am but one voice saying "Take your time, it's cool!" but I hope there are many more that feel the same way. Besides we are only on Scroll 2: Verse 11 ;) <3 <3

P.S. The direction PoF and Living World Season 4 is going is AWESOME! I can't say enough or ask for more of that kind of content <3 <3 <3 Looking forward to more =)

confused

There is nothing saying you have to do content when it releases. If you want to do it 4 months after the previous chapter, go for it. I have done that plenty of times with new content.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"yoni.7015" said:The statement doesn’t say anything :-1:

It said that the episode is close to being ready, that they are fixing up some issues that popped up, and that the trailer will come once those issues are handled. That says plenty.

Actually - it depends on whether you view it as: the devs factually and impartially bringing you up to speed; Anet management placating the player base with an upbeat holding position; or some combination of the two. "Discovered issues" and "the last few details" mean nothing unless you're on the inside and know how big those issues are, and how long they actually expect it to take.

(ANet have mostly been pretty open on such things, historically, so I tend more towards the first or last, rather than the middle one - but then again, I worked in software development for a multinational for decades, and I have a healthy cynical edge as well. Basically, the only release date you can believe is the one that happens.)

Edit: And Anet have now announced that LWS4 will continue as of next week. So - academic, really.

@Mike Zadorojny.7058 said:Hey everyone!

We are fast approaching the end of our 2-3 month cadence window for Living World Episodes and this morning we were hoping to unveil the Episode 2 Trailer along with the announcement of its release date. However, as we were preparing the episode for launch we discovered issues that we want to take additional time to address, to make sure it lives up to our standards. Once we have nailed down the last few details, started the process for moving the build to Live, and are confident when the episode will launch, we will release the trailer. Thank you for patience and bearing with us as we put the finishing touches on Episode 2. We look forward to playing the next chapter of Living World with all of you once it is released.

Thanks!Mike Zadorojny

They really missed the chance of saying 'We have a bug in the system', in their announcement last week.

But seriously, was this done on purpose? The name of new episode and the 'delay'. Now I am doubting there was a delay! Either ANet pulled a genius move, or this is world-class irony.

• 3 months later...

Archived