Should I come back?

Mitzarin.2963

I left GW2 in the middle of Heart of Thorns because legendary armor could only be obtained by raiding and at that point in time, without a substantial amount of grinding or gold/gems, the specific specs for my class to be raid viable weren't in the range of what I was willing to spend.

I guess what I am asking is; does this change in Path of Fire or are raids going to be the only way to obtain legendary armor? I am totally okay with a grind and long-long-long term investment, even it that grind is substantially longer than just raids. The draw for legendary armor for me is it enables me to play an entire range of classes (i.e. all light, all medium or all heavy) AND also be able to try a lot of variable builds to experiment and enjoy all GW2 has to offer.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this question! I enjoyed a lot about GW2 and liked a lot of the improvements since I left. Just trying to figure out if I should spend 60$+ on a game or not! Thanks for your help!

You can obtain legendary armor from both WvW and PvP now. Sadly it they are not the "Cool" looking ones you get from raids but they offer the same bonus, like stat swapping.If you don't care for the appearance like me (that medium armour...:(), and dont mind WvW/PvPing every now and then, its well within your reach.

It was just a matter of time till they offered options for the legendary armor in other game modes. The lack of shine is a good balance to me though and I could see in the future each game mode getting differing looking armors, this would encourage more cross mode play and allow people to mix and match.

That said if WvW is you favorite game mode then now is the time to come back. Reward for game play changes in WvW has also brought a lot of people back and WvW feels more like a gain now versus account drain where you need to play the other modes so you could afford WvW. You are also award more the higher your rank so WvW rank actually has some meaning above max skill points. So yes, definitely worth the visit. Good hunting!

Archived