This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:So tell me, you players who want this. What other content completion should ANet sell in the gemstore? Old raids? Mastery points? Full map completion? Because you know if they start selling content completion then there’s nothing to hold them back and nothing to stop other players from asking for completion purchase of whatever content they want to buy.

I think people already asked for map completion tickets on forums. I mean, after they decided to sell lvl 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks - why not everything? They already made three major steps. And raid completion can already be bought, not mentioning pvp tournaments - difference is you buy gems, convert to gold and pay players. At the end, anet makes money.

That’s still not buying from the gemstore but player to player interactions. Players cooperating together to help each other progress is allowed. They are still playing the game.

So, what content should ANet sell next in their gemstore?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:So tell me, you players who want this. What other content completion should ANet sell in the gemstore? Old raids? Mastery points? Full map completion? Because you know if they start selling content completion then there’s nothing to hold them back and nothing to stop other players from asking for completion purchase of whatever content they want to buy.

I think people already asked for map completion tickets on forums. I mean, after they decided to sell lvl 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks - why not everything? They already made three major steps. And raid completion can already be bought, not mentioning pvp tournaments - difference is you buy gems, convert to gold and pay players. At the end, anet makes money.

That’s still not buying from the gemstore but player to player interactions. Players cooperating together
to help each other progress
to profit
is allowed.

I think we can both agree it's all based on greed, not good will when it comes to selling raids. You can't do the same for hearts as their progress isn't shared within parties so the only way would be to share account which is officially not allowed. This means the only option is to sell it via gemstore (just like they sell waypoints as you can't pay other players to unlock them for you).

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That’s still not buying from the gemstore but player to player interactions. Players cooperating together
to profit
is allowed.

I think we can both agree it's all based on greed, not good will when it comes to selling raids. You can't do the same for hearts as their progress isn't shared within parties so the only way would be to share account which is officially not allowed. This means the only option is to sell it via gemstore (just like they sell waypoints as you can't pay other players to unlock them for you).

No doubt. But you’re avoiding my question.

If one type of hours of content completion can be purchased in the gemstore then what is the stopping point?

I find raids boring but I want the rewards. Why can’t I buy autocomplete of raids?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

to profit
is allowed.

If one type of hours of content completion can be purchased in the gemstore then what is the stopping point?

I find raids boring but I want the rewards. Why can’t I buy autocomplete of raids?

I see no reason for stopping points. Anet already started it and every decision to not implement any progression skipping feature via gemstore is arbitrary. So either remove everything or sell everything, there's no middle ground.

Raid case you mention is great example. I bet if people could just grind SW and buy raid rewards with gold, raid LFG would be almost empty. Especially if you sell legendary armor outside of raids.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Really, think on it. Do you actually want to play a game where your wallet plays the game for you instead of you doing the work yourself? Wouldn’t you rather play to earn the ingame rewards than buy them? It might be boring to do it repeatedly but buying progression like you and the OP are suggesting is not good for the game.

That's the point. OP doesn't seem to want to play the game. OP seems to only want to make bank.

The only reason people do map completion is to make gold selling legendaries. I have done the hearts a lot now and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

That is untrue. People do content, including map completion, for many reasons. Don’t project your likes and dislikes across the whole player base or even assume your reason is the most common one.

Edit: I’ve done full map completion 9 times so far and not to make Legendaries.

How is gemstore heart unlock feature remove anything from your experience? Hearts are solo gameplay anyway.

You can read my previous responses which answer your question, which is that it harms the game by causing decreases player retention.

Core Tyria for a long time is not a source of player retention. Hearts weren't even considered a thing at the beginning of the game, but players were to stupid to play events. At this point, LW, new maps and new farms are there for player retention, not lame core tyria experience.

Uh huh.

Of course your opinion goes against the reason why the Devs of various games set up their game stores to sell fluff and cosmetics and not progression. I’m going to trust them and what they’ve leaned over the years and not someone who has to ask another player what the reasons are.

Anet already set multiple precedences for selling progression items directly or indirectly. There's just no reason why they can't go even further with heart completion. Hearts are trash content anyway. They have all the bad parts of traditional questing without any of the good parts.

I’m curious, what games do you know that sell progression in their store, and I’m not talking about leveling boosts or even waypoints, but the ability to buy completion of hours of ingame content.

I'm talking about GW2 and GW2 only here. I never used "other games" argument, you do. And your response above is in no way in relation to the quoted post giving me the impression you are running away from admitting Anet is already selling gameplay skipping stuff.

No, I’m pointing out that other games (MMOs) don’t sell substantial chunks of ingame content completion in their store, no matter how profitable it might be.

Why is that? Because it’s bad for the game. The Devs have learned that selling content completion like the OP is asking for hurts player retention. They might sell boosts. They might sell leveling aids. They might even sell convenience such as waypoint unlocks. But to sell hours of content completion with the opening of the wallet isn’t something they do.

Edit: I’m not talking about games that sell pay to win items. They might so so because... they sell pay to win.

They already let us buy hero challenge auto completes with in game currency and they let us buy waypoint unlocks with gems. They are also letting people completely skip the levelling process with gems. Auto completing hearts is logically no different from any of those. They all amount to skipping content one way or another. I'd say the signals here are pretty clear. I think they might be very open to this suggestion now. Hence this thread.

If you buy hero challenges you still had to do ingame content and you weren’t buying from the gemstore, so invalid argumentThe leveling process could be skipped from the very beginning of the game by using crafting and there was at least one player who did so in week one and many who did it after him, so weak argument.

Buying auto complete of chunks of the game is different as it was not in the game previously in any way before this.

The hero challenges established that in principle they're not opposed to allowing players to skip content. The level 80 ticket and the waypoint unlocks show that in principle they're not opposed to selling progress and/or content bypasses in the gem store. Once we establish these two basic principles we can extrapolate them outwards to anything that bears the same characteristics; in this case hearts. Hearts are logically no different from hero challenges or waypoints as they're all just part of base game map completion and more generally the open world levelling format. They were there in the beginning to let people level up by actually questing and exploring rather than just crafting just like the waypoints and the hero challenges and the vistas etc. Whether they sell them for in game currency or with gems is up to ANET but it seems to me that they've clearly indicated that they're not principally opposed to either proposition.

I believe we're arguing over a difference in degree rather than a difference in kind. This is why I've characterized your argument as a "this far but no farther" argument because it seems to me you're drawing an arbitrary line in the sand on hearts.

@Menadena.7482 said:Read the thread. The people that want this want the gifts of exploration so they can grind out legendaries to sell.

You mean one person. I just don't want to have to show shineys to 40 skritts etc in order to make Frostfang. If they havent learned about chaotic material now they never will.I don't know why you're all so fixated on there being an item in the gemstore. I'd also happily buy heart completes from a vendor with other map currencies or buy an item from the tp which players were awarded on heart completion. Anything other than those hearts.

You know hearts were put in as an afterthought right? We were meant to wander round and explore. Find the dynamic events and join in. Some players complained that this was too difficult and they needed a quest type system to point them where to go. So we got hearts. Badly designed mechanics, drudgery and all. Im delighted if your idea of fun is doing this content. I prefer more of a challenge and would rather not be bored out of my brain.

As for the people saying I just want to buy progression or something, I have to ask, do you just own the base game or something? I've been busy with challenging maps in the two expansions. Learning new elite specs for every class. With the exception of side stories i've got almost all the ap possible from the base game so saying I want to skip content is laughable. I want to skip doing it AGAIN. Incidentally i've also made multiple Gen 2 legendaries. Their map completion is challenging with some areas being mob packed but you know what? I don't mind doing it. Because I have to think. Base hearts, not so much.

Literally all you do is spew slippery slope fallacies. Adds nothing to a conversation other than making you look dumb. OP wants to avoid bad, old, abandoned and frankly terrible content by allowing it to be bypassed with gold or even other currencies (pretty sure the never even specified which, you people just immediately assumed it was gems) that are acquired from the content that is still supported and regularly updated.

And I don't even know what to tell you if you think he's trying to profit from this. All that will happen is he will end up spending more gold on making the legendary instead of doing hearts.

@Celsith.2753 said:

@"Israel.7056" said:To any ANET people reading this thread: I would buy gems for this item, that's how much it would be worth to me and I'm sure many others would buy gems for this as well.

Translation: Dear ANet, I will gladly pay-to-win.

Perhaps, it would benefit you and the community more if you asked for the Hearts to be more rewarding or worth your time instead?

Having already done map completion at least 8x I support the option to buy heart completion even if its with gems. We can unlock the waypoints with gems so why not?

Having done Map completion a lot, I do not think we need to have an instant-gratification method of completing hearts.

They need to be far more rewarding, but we don't need a short cut. We already have a waypoint short cut. If Anet caves and gives people a renown heart shortcut, it would be less than a month before people were complaining about not having a POI short cut, and a hero point short cut, and a short cut to remove the map "fog".

What next? Gift of Exploration for 4000gems?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

to profit
is allowed.

I see no reason for stopping points. Anet already started it and every decision to not implement any progression skipping feature via gemstore is arbitrary. So either remove everything or sell everything, there's no middle ground.

Raid case you mention is great example. I bet if people could just grind SW and buy raid rewards with gold,
raid LFG would be almost empty
. Especially if you sell legendary armor outside of raids.

Yep. And it’s amazing how you can’t see how people buying progression from the gemstore would empty out the game. And how that emptying out the game so that people can’t find others to play with and the consequent decrease in player retention would hurt the game.

Thank you for making the point for those that can see the harm.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

to profit
is allowed.

Raid case you mention is great example. I bet if people could just grind SW and buy raid rewards with gold,

Yep. And it’s amazing how you can’t see how people buying progression from the gemstore would empty out the game. And how that emptying out the game so that people can’t find others to play with and the consequent decrease in player retention would hurt the game.

No. That's not what I said, please refrain from manipulating my words.

When I said about no harm done to map population - I was referring to heart unlocks only. If you sell everything, it may hurt the game, obviously. Or not. Because if you make it expensive enough, players may choose what to skip and what to play (if they are annoyed by certain aspects of the game). At the end of the day, whales are minority.

@Velran.1052 said:

Literally all you do is spew slippery slope fallacies. Adds nothing to a conversation other than making you look dumb. OP wants to avoid bad, old, abandoned and frankly terrible content by allowing it to be bypassed with gold or even other currencies (pretty sure the never even specified which, you people just immediately assumed it was gems) that are acquired from the content that is still supported and regularly updated.

And I don't even know what to tell you if you think he's trying to profit from this. All that will happen is he will end up spending more gold on making the legendary instead of doing hearts.

So then tell me. If ANet does sell heart completion in the gemstore what would stop people from asking for the next set of content completion they want to buy? And what would stop ANet from selling more content completion?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Really, think on it. Do you actually want to play a game where your wallet plays the game for you instead of you doing the work yourself? Wouldn’t you rather play to earn the ingame rewards than buy them? It might be boring to do it repeatedly but buying progression like you and the OP are suggesting is not good for the game.

That's the point. OP doesn't seem to want to play the game. OP seems to only want to make bank.

The only reason people do map completion is to make gold selling legendaries. I have done the hearts a lot now and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

That is untrue. People do content, including map completion, for many reasons. Don’t project your likes and dislikes across the whole player base or even assume your reason is the most common one.

How is gemstore heart unlock feature remove anything from your experience? Hearts are solo gameplay anyway.

You can read my previous responses which answer your question, which is that it harms the game by causing decreases player retention.

Core Tyria for a long time is not a source of player retention. Hearts weren't even considered a thing at the beginning of the game, but players were to stupid to play events. At this point, LW, new maps and new farms are there for player retention, not lame core tyria experience.

Uh huh.

Of course your opinion goes against the reason why the Devs of various games set up their game stores to sell fluff and cosmetics and not progression. I’m going to trust them and what they’ve leaned over the years and not someone who has to ask another player what the reasons are.

Anet already set multiple precedences for selling progression items directly or indirectly. There's just no reason why they can't go even further with heart completion. Hearts are trash content anyway. They have all the bad parts of traditional questing without any of the good parts.

I’m curious, what games do you know that sell progression in their store, and I’m not talking about leveling boosts or even waypoints, but the ability to buy completion of hours of ingame content.

I'm talking about GW2 and GW2 only here. I never used "other games" argument, you do. And your response above is in no way in relation to the quoted post giving me the impression you are running away from admitting Anet is already selling gameplay skipping stuff.

No, I’m pointing out that other games (MMOs) don’t sell substantial chunks of ingame content completion in their store, no matter how profitable it might be.

Why is that? Because it’s bad for the game. The Devs have learned that selling content completion like the OP is asking for hurts player retention. They might sell boosts. They might sell leveling aids. They might even sell convenience such as waypoint unlocks. But to sell hours of content completion with the opening of the wallet isn’t something they do.

Edit: I’m not talking about games that sell pay to win items. They might so so because... they sell pay to win.

How substantial are hearts for the game? Because exploration is much more than hearts. Hearts are just pausing actual exploration, they force you to stay in 1 location to grind heart related activity and move on. You can't even progress them with friends as progression is made individually. Hearts are gameplay breaks by design.

Then don’t do them and explore. Hearts are not gameplay breaks because you’re still playing the game when you do them.

People can already pay to skip dungeons, fractals, map events, leveling (learning) or waypoint unlocks. I see no reason why hearts can't be on this list.

Dungeons, fractals, and map events are not purchased through the gem store.

You can buy their currencies via BLC vouchers and therefore skip gameplay altogether.

Not the same as those vouchers are not guaranteed from the chests.

Using your reasoning, Anet should just add an upgrade that completes all achievements, collections, wardrobe, and so on.

So then tell me. If ANet does sell heart completion in the gemstore what would stop people from asking for the next set of content completion they want to buy? And what would stop ANet from selling more content completion?

Nothing. As much as nothing stops them now. It's all arbitrary.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

How substantial are hearts for the game? Because exploration is much more than hearts. Hearts are just pausing actual exploration, they force you to stay in 1 location to grind heart related activity and move on. You can't even progress them with friends as progression is made individually. Hearts are gameplay breaks by design.

Then don’t do them and explore. Hearts are not gameplay breaks because you’re still playing the game when you do them.

People can already pay to skip dungeons, fractals, map events, leveling (learning) or waypoint unlocks. I see no reason why hearts can't be on this list.

Dungeons, fractals, and map events are not purchased through the gem store.

You can buy their currencies via BLC vouchers and therefore skip gameplay altogether.

Not the same as those vouchers are not guaranteed from the chests.

Using your reasoning, Anet should just add an upgrade that completes all achievements, collections, wardrobe, and so on.

Why not? They already started the trend and are happy to continue (currency vouchers added recently). If it's going to bring them money, more power to them. I'm in no way forced to pay for these. I got my vouchers for free and am already in the process of making another legendary for sale - buying dungeon gift without playing dungeons.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

You’re avoiding my question.

Once ANet allows auto completion of chunks of the game what would stop people from asking for more and ANet allowing more?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Once ANet allows auto completion of chunks of the game what would stop people from asking for more and ANet allowing more?

To be fair, he answered your question.

You asked what would stop them, he answered, "nothing."

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

to profit
is allowed.

When I said about no harm done to map population - I was referring to heart unlocks only. If you sell everything, it may hurt the game, obviously. Or not. Because if you make it expensive enough, players may choose what to skip and what to play (if they are annoyed by certain aspects of the game). At the end of the day, whales are minority.

Yes, we are talking about Heart unlocks in the gemstore.

But once that’s allowed what stops further content completion in the gemstore. I find raids boring but I want the rewards. Can I ask for raid completion in the gem store and why not? What’s the stopping point once auto content completion is allowed?

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That’s true. He confirmed that if auto Heart completion is allowed then nothing stops any further auto content completion, and that the slippery slope is alive and well.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That’s true. He confirmed that if auto Heart completion is allowed then nothing stops any further auto content completion, and that the slippery slope is alive and well.

And, again to be fair, there is nothing to stop anet from selling other content completion in the gemstore even if heart completion isnt sold.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

And, again to be fair, there is nothing to stop anet from selling other content completion in the gemstore even if heart completion isnt sold.

True, but but they have to start selling auto complete of content first and so far they haven’t.

Literally nothing stops them now and nothing will stop them even if they allow this. You point is completely arbitrary. And you're comparing content that's being newely released, supported through updates and bug fixes, to content that was made 5 years ago and hasn't received any changes or updates since. Which content do you think is more worthy of being allowed to bypass? Especially when one is grindy, repetitive and unchallenging.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Nothing logically speaking.

But we're already at that point.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

to profit
is allowed.

Yes, we are talking about Heart unlocks in the gemstore.

But once that’s allowed what stops further content completion in the gemstore. I find raids boring but I want the rewards. Can I ask for raid completion in the gem store and why not? What’s the stopping point once auto content completion is allowed?

As all the people selling raids scream in unison ...... :)

Archived