This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

Tell you what OP, what would you say about using gems to bypass hearts .... BUT ....

Using the bypass item on a character would prevent that character from earning gifts of exploration?

Well, you wanted to bypass hearts so you got your wish. What is the problem? BTW, can I say as another player you can take my name of your petitioning anet that we 'desperately' need this. That implies almost everyone agrees with you.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Slipper slope' arguments are invalid. Essentially, we have always been able to pay our way past a fair amount of boring, challenging and tedious content - directly from Anet as well as other players. And even though some people still enjoy playing them, hearts in Core Tyria are absolutely the least relevant content in the game. They've been lame for years.

That said, I don't expect they'll sell something in the gem store to auto fill them, but it would be nice if the rewards were increased to at least make them worthwhile. I can't count the times I rolled an alt, set out to complete a core map and lost interest or got sleepy as soon as I got around to the hearts.

You know, let’s say ANet takes up the OPs suggestion and adds the purchase of Hearts unlocks and then of course they adds this unlock and that unlock and thisandthat unlocks, as people ask.

Why should it all be direct purchase? Think of all the money ANet could make if they also put them in Black Lion chests as an RNG unlock! You could open up a BLC and win all hearts unlocked on a map, or a title could unlock or a raid tier. You could also get AP added as that content unlocks, or even as a very rare unlock you could win the top level of any current sPvP league. Just think how proud you’d be if people asked you how you won that sPvP league or who you did that raid tier with and you were able to say (with a big smile on your face) “I bought it by buying keys on the gemstore and got it from a BLC”! ANet would rake in the cash for sure!

/grin

Edit: now I know some of you are thinking they would never do that. If so, explain to me what would stop them from selling RNG unlocks if they are already selling direct purchase unlocks. I’d like to hear why if you come up with a logical reason.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Israel.7056 said:To any ANET people reading this thread: I would buy gems for this item, that's how much it would be worth to me and I'm sure many others would buy gems for this as well.

Any more questions?

Yes i have a question. Why didn't you also quote where he said he'd also be willing to buy with ingame currencies such as wvw badges, or from players if it was made tradeable?

Because the specific question asked was “who said gems.”

I did say I'd be glad to pay gems but I'd also be glad to pay some in game currency too it doesn't make much difference to me as long as I can skip the hearts.

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:No. No it does not. Also you're not skipping hero points, you're progressing them through other means but you're still putting in the work and that method doesn't translate to hearts so well.

Why not? They could introduce a scroll that did the same thing for random hearts in the core maps just like the scrolls for the hero challenges. If they want to charge twice as many heroics for one heart scroll I'd be fine with that.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You know OP. You really missed a chance when you made your thread only about hearts. You should have made buying autocomplete of content anything in game. Anything that anyone decides is too boring and tedious to do.

Want the Yakslapper title? Auto complete of the WvW Legendary backpack? Raid tiers? Achievements? Titles? Anything. Anything and everything. All the person needs to do is declare they are bored, bored, bored with that old content and that there can be no possible harm to the game with that content being autocompleted and they can buy the autocomplete and get the rewards.

What could possibly go wrong?

None of those things would bother me in the slightest but I'm personally focused on hearts. If other people want to put forward the idea of skipping other content then they should. I'd be all for it, give everyone Ultimate Dominator for a price, who cares?

Skipping content is a bit of a meaningless concept in a game where you arnt required to do anything at all.Skipping content , but still getting the rewards you would have got if you did the content is slightly differant.Maybe a differant perspective to the perceived problem would be would you rather than doing hearts, be prepared to do something else which was just as time consuming?eg you buy with gems a quest.The quest requires you to visit every NPC vendor in every zone , and each vendor will give you a list of materials and items which wont be able to be bought on the TP to bring to them and then you will be given a piece of a puzzle.When you have all the pieces you have to then solve the puzzle.When you have solved the puzzle, you get the GOE.The puzzle would be differant each time , so repeatedly doing this method would not make it easier.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You know OP. You really missed a chance when you made your thread only about hearts. You should have made buying autocomplete of content anything in game. Anything that anyone decides is too boring and tedious to do.

Want the Yakslapper title? Auto complete of the WvW Legendary backpack? Raid tiers? Achievements? Titles? Anything. Anything and everything. All the person needs to do is declare they are bored, bored, bored with that old content and that there can be no possible harm to the game with that content being autocompleted and they can buy the autocomplete and get the rewards.

None of those things would bother me in the slightest but I'm personally focused on hearts. If other people want to put forward the idea of skipping other content then they should. I'd be all for it, give everyone Ultimate Dominator for a price, who cares?

Yes, of course. Make all content in game skippable by purchase. And why should people have to ask? ANet should make all content skippable as desired with purchase if they’re going to do some of them. It’s all good money.

So, what do you think of my RNG content completion idea? I mean, if ANet is going to do this they should go for the big money and let people who want this buy keys to unlock chests with random completions. It’s pretty obvious that RNG pulls in the money so I think this would really be a big deal for them.

@mauried.5608 said:Skipping content is a bit of a meaningless concept in a game where you arnt required to do anything at all.Skipping content , but still getting the rewards you would have got if you did the content is slightly differant.Maybe a differant perspective to the perceived problem would be would you rather than doing hearts, be prepared to do something else which was just as time consuming?eg you buy with gems a quest.The quest requires you to visit every NPC vendor in every zone , and each vendor will give you a list of materials and items which wont be able to be bought on the TP to bring to them and then you will be given a piece of a puzzle.When you have all the pieces you have to then solve the puzzle.When you have solved the puzzle, you get the GOE.The puzzle would be differant each time , so repeatedly doing this method would not make it easier.

I have a bit of a semantic issue here which is that all things in all games are essentially optional. You don't even have to play the game. But if you are going to play the game and you want a particular thing then you have to do what you have to do to get it if that makes sense. So in this case ofcourse the hearts are entirely optional. Unless you want to get your own Gift of Exploration in which case you have to do the hearts otherwise you can't finish map completion.

As to your suggestion that sounds interesting maybe. It would at least be something new. I would still prefer to just spend either in game currency or gems on an item similar to the heroic scrolls from WvW but maybe your idea could be fun I dunno I'd have to play it to see.

Yes, of course. Make all content in game skippable by purchase. And why should people have to ask? ANet should make all content skippable as desired with purchase if they’re going to do some of them. It’s all good money.

So, what do you think of my RNG content completion idea? I mean, if ANet is going to do this they should go for the big money and let people who want this buy keys to unlock chests with random completions. It’s pretty obvious that RNG pulls in the money so I think this would really be a big deal for them.

That actually sounds pretty cool.

@Israel.7056 said:

That actually sounds pretty cool.

Well, my guess is if they ever do put in content completion unlocks it may start with one or two things but quickly become all content available for completion unlock, plus RNG completion as there’s a lot of money with that.

Stomping 30 wasp nests for 1 silver is not fun when you've done it more than once. It gets boring. It would be better if more events that contribute to hearts happen more frequently... or if we could just simply talk to the heart vendor and get a mini-event to trigger that will complete the heart once done.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Considering people love heart so much that season 3 living world got infested with them even tho being 80 zones were we dident have them before is contradictory to hears being boring aint it not?

Pretty much again. I knew I was happy to see hearts return to the maps. Repeatable hearts? Not so much.

Yeah, there were calls for hearts, fine. I missed them every so often. I do not recall one ask for repeatable ones. I suppose it makes sense for things like buying zone currency but having to do the heart again because the first time you did not know you would need/could not afford some item? Ugh! This means after I get all my alts geared up with ascended things I still need to go back and do the season 3 hearts solely to buy the minis. Why not just put that stuff in the normal vendor?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Kururu.8140 said:Might as well ask Anet to put in an item that just instantly world completes and gives you 1k gold and 5 legendaries as well while we're at it.

How does map completion (normal way) grants you 1k gold and 5 legendaries? Because if you mean that you should be able to buy these things with real money, you already can.

I was being sarcastic and demonstrating the absurdity of the original comment. : /

@"Israel.7056" said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

Nooope.I got concept for one item You would like:

Win Guild Wars 2 This item let Your characters be top 1 in any leadderboard.You acquire in-game title "Paid for Win".Account-wide.

@kharmin.7683 said:

I did say I'd be glad to pay gems but I'd also be glad to pay some in game currency too it doesn't make much difference to me as long as I can skip the hearts.

Which, again, is asking for something to be essentially free. Why would ANet even think to do this if it doesn't make them any money?

Then make it cost a lot of gems I don't care.

More slippery slope arguments. You just don't get it do you?

Well, considering others have admitted that the OP’s suggestion would be a slippery slope, I guess it’s you that’s not getting it,

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:So then tell me. If ANet does sell heart completion in the gemstore what would stop people from asking for the next set of content completion they want to buy? And what would stop ANet from selling more content completion?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Nothing. As much as nothing stops them now. It's all arbitrary.

Oh, I forgot. The OP admitted it also.

You’re avoiding my question.

Once ANet allows auto completion of chunks of the game what would stop people from asking for more and ANet allowing more?@Israel.7056 said:Nothing logically speaking.

But we're already at that point.

No i didn't. I simply pointed out that all you're doing is using slippery slope arguments which are meaningless and pointless. Everything has to be looked at individually. There is no slippery slope.

@Xaaza.7903 said:

@"Israel.7056" said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

Nooope.I got concept for one item You would like:

Win Guild Wars 2
This item let Your characters be top 1 in any leadderboard.You acquire in-game title "Paid for Win".Account-wide.

"This title will replace any other selected title you may want to wear."

@Israel.7056 said:

Which, again, is asking for something to be essentially free. Why would ANet even think to do this if it doesn't make them any money?

Then make it cost a lot of gems I don't care.

Is anet publicly traded? If so work out how much 51% of the company costs and multiply that by 800.

"New gemstore item: stock!"

Archived