This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

@Kururu.8140 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Kururu.8140 said:Might as well ask Anet to put in an item that just instantly world completes and gives you 1k gold and 5 legendaries as well while we're at it.

How does map completion (normal way) grants you 1k gold and 5 legendaries? Because if you mean that you should be able to buy these things with real money, you already can.

I was being sarcastic and demonstrating the absurdity of the original comment. : /

It makes no sense as what you proved that buying rewards with gold is irrelevant. People already can buy legendaries with dollars.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Mount contract proves that forum dramas are irrelevant. They didn't change mount licenses, they are still RNG. They just waited 2 weeks and everything went silent. Every single gem store drama ends up this way.

You are aware that all further contracts for mounts are not random, right? You are also aware that ANet's representative apologized for it and to the community due to the forum and mass media drama that followed, right? Finally, you are also aware that every, single mount purchase after the fact are singular too now, right?

I know, I know. Facts are funny things. That said, again good luck with your suggestion, Israel.

I'm out.

@Velran.1052 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You know OP. You really missed a chance when you made your thread only about hearts. You should have made buying autocomplete of content anything in game. Anything that anyone decides is too boring and tedious to do.

Want the Yakslapper title? Auto complete of the WvW Legendary backpack? Raid tiers? Achievements? Titles? Anything. Anything and everything. All the person needs to do is declare they are bored, bored, bored with that old content and that there can be no possible harm to the game with that content being autocompleted and they can buy the autocomplete and get the rewards.

What could possibly go wrong?

More slippery slope arguments. You just don't get it do you?

Well, considering others have admitted that the OP’s suggestion would be a slippery slope, I guess it’s you that’s not getting it,

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:So then tell me. If ANet does sell heart completion in the gemstore what would stop people from asking for the next set of content completion they want to buy? And what would stop ANet from selling more content completion?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Nothing. As much as nothing stops them now. It's all arbitrary.

Oh, I forgot. The OP admitted it also.

You’re avoiding my question.

Once ANet allows auto completion of chunks of the game what would stop people from asking for more and ANet allowing more?@Israel.7056 said:Nothing logically speaking.

But we're already at that point.

No i didn't. I simply pointed out that all you're doing is using slippery slope arguments which are meaningless and pointless. Everything has to be looked at individually. There is no slippery slope.

There is a slippery slope as it’s been proven that people will progressively ask for more and use what they have already gotten as precedent. It’s because the OP and others are using previous things that they can’t be looked at individually.

I’ve seen this happen numerous times before outside of the game. There have been people that wanted a couple weeks off at work but getting it approved for that length wouldn’t happen. They instead piecemeal the requests in shorter durations over time until they get that two weeks.

There’s another situation where a union was trying aggressively to get the four levels of admin assistants to join. The majority did not want to. So instead they instead focused on them one level at a time until they all eventually joined. They were weaker when divided.

Those two examples are similar to what is happening here. If people want something, and it’s likely not to get positive traction, they’ll break it down into smaller pieces until they eventually get what they originally wanted.

There were a lot of people that were against there being an option to unlock all waypoints because it’s impact on world completion. Its supporters primarily argued on the grounds that it would help those with alts that didn’t intend to do map/world completion and just wanted a means to unlock everything for navigation purposes to and from events. It got added and we now have people like the OP arguing the same for hearts and using the waypoints to back their position.

It’s not difficult to see where this is heading and that it’s not unreasonable to assume that vistas, POI’s, or any other type of progression for that matter could be asked for an option to purchase its completion and use what has already been previously added as precedent.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Mount contract proves that forum dramas are irrelevant. They didn't change mount licenses, they are still RNG. They just waited 2 weeks and everything went silent. Every single gem store drama ends up this way.

You are aware that all further contracts for mounts are not random, right? You are also aware that ANet's representative apologized for it and to the community due to the forum and mass media drama that followed, right? Finally, you are also aware that every, single mount purchase after the fact are singular too now, right?

I know, I know. Facts are funny things. That said, again good luck with your suggestion, Israel.

I'm out.

None of those premium skins would ever be 400 gems skin, even if random.

@Israel.7056 said:

I did say I'd be glad to pay gems but I'd also be glad to pay some in game currency too it doesn't make much difference to me as long as I can skip the hearts.

Which, again, is asking for something to be essentially free. Why would ANet even think to do this if it doesn't make them any money?

Then make it cost a lot of gems I don't care.

Which you can still pay no real cash for because of the profits in gold you make in selling legendaries

@kharmin.7683 said:

I did say I'd be glad to pay gems but I'd also be glad to pay some in game currency too it doesn't make much difference to me as long as I can skip the hearts.

Which, again, is asking for something to be essentially free. Why would ANet even think to do this if it doesn't make them any money?

Which you can still pay no real cash for because of the profits in gold you make in selling legendaries

Just like you can pay your gold to buy waypoint unlocks to speed up map completion process and sell legendary yourself.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You know OP. You really missed a chance when you made your thread only about hearts. You should have made buying autocomplete of content anything in game. Anything that anyone decides is too boring and tedious to do.

Want the Yakslapper title? Auto complete of the WvW Legendary backpack? Raid tiers? Achievements? Titles? Anything. Anything and everything. All the person needs to do is declare they are bored, bored, bored with that old content and that there can be no possible harm to the game with that content being autocompleted and they can buy the autocomplete and get the rewards.

Well, considering others have admitted that the OP’s suggestion would be a slippery slope, I guess it’s you that’s not getting it,

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:So then tell me. If ANet does sell heart completion in the gemstore what would stop people from asking for the next set of content completion they want to buy? And what would stop ANet from selling more content completion?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Nothing. As much as nothing stops them now. It's all arbitrary.

Once ANet allows auto completion of chunks of the game what would stop people from asking for more and ANet allowing more?@Israel.7056 said:Nothing logically speaking.

No i didn't. I simply pointed out that all you're doing is using slippery slope arguments which are meaningless and pointless. Everything has to be looked at individually. There is no slippery slope.

There is a slippery slope as it’s been proven that people will progressively ask for more and use what they have already gotten as precedent. It’s because the OP and others are using previous things that they can’t be looked at individually.

I’ve seen this happen numerous times before outside of the game. There have been people that wanted a couple weeks off at work but getting it approved for that length wouldn’t happen. They instead piecemeal the requests in shorter durations over time until they get that two weeks.

There’s another situation where a union was trying aggressively to get the four levels of admin assistants to join. The majority did not want to. So instead they instead focused on them one level at a time until they all eventually joined. They were weaker when divided.

Those two examples are similar to what is happening here. If people want something, and it’s likely not to get positive traction, they’ll break it down into smaller pieces until they eventually get what they originally wanted.

There were a lot of people that were against there being an option to unlock all waypoints because it’s impact on world completion. Its supporters primarily argued on the grounds that it would help those with alts that didn’t intend to do map/world completion and just wanted a means to unlock everything for navigation purposes to and from events. It got added and we now have people like the OP arguing the same for hearts and using the waypoints to back their position.

It’s not difficult to see where this is heading and that it’s not unreasonable to assume that vistas, POI’s, or any other type of progression for that matter could be asked for an option to purchase its completion and use what has already been previously added as precedent.

Ah yes its proven, Ofcourse it is. People will ask these for these things regardless of whether arenanet will add these. And break from work is completely different from this game. And even if people use the it to ask for other things there's no reason for arenanet to give it to them. It's a terrible way to argue for something. Everything needs to be looked at individually. Hearts are boring, grindy, repetitive and take a huge chunk of time out of world exploration. Even more after you've done it more than once. Vista's/PoI's are none of that.

@kharmin.7683 said:

You do realize he will be making even less profit because he'd have to spend more gold on the legendary? And are you really trying to argue against this because of the personal benefit of the OP?

@Velran.1052 said:

Ah yes its proven, Ofcourse it is. People will ask these for these things regardless of whether arenanet will add these. And break from work is completely different from this game. And even if people use the it to ask for other things there's no reason for arenanet to give it to them. It's a terrible way to argue for something. Everything needs to be looked at individually. Hearts are boring, grindy, repetitive and take a huge chunk of time out of world exploration. Even more after you've done it more than once. Vista's/PoI's are none of that.

You do realize he will be making even less profit because he'd have to spend more gold on the legendary? And are you really trying to argue against this because of the personal benefit of the OP?

I don' care about OP gains. This item should be available anyway. OP's case is very specific but all people against this idea are fixated on this very specific, irrelevant example.

@Velran.1052 said:

Are you actually saying that it’s not possible to extrapolate from what is known to make predictions about the future? I’m sorry but that makes no sense at all. No one would be able to function if they couldn’t use their knowledge to figure out what might happen next.

@Velran.1052 said:

I said similar, not the same. Of course the examples I had given are not the same. They were there to simply illustrate the behavior of people who try to get what they want and how this is a slippery slope.

Yes, people may have asked for these things but the thing is that they’re using previous tones that Anet has caved as precedent to back up their suggestion. Hence the slippery slope.

Things should not be looked at individually as they do not exist in a vacuum/bubble.

@kharmin.7683 said:

So what?

@Menadena.7482 said:

Is anet publicly traded? If so work out how much 51% of the company costs and multiply that by 800.

"New gemstore item: stock!"

I'm not sure I follow.

@Israel.7056 said:

So what?

So ANet won't make any money on your suggestion which is probably why they won't do it.

@Israel.7056 said:

Is anet publicly traded? If so work out how much 51% of the company costs and multiply that by 800.

"New gemstore item: stock!"

I'm not sure I follow.

IE, just buy the company then you can have it do whatever you want. Of course, if everyone else reacts to your changes by leaving it would be a pointless move.

@Jinn Galen.2468 said:Stomping 30 wasp nests for 1 silver is not fun when you've done it more than once. It gets boring. It would be better if more events that contribute to hearts happen more frequently... or if we could just simply talk to the heart vendor and get a mini-event to trigger that will complete the heart once done.

This actually sounds like a plan imo. I don't mind the idea of a miniquest instead of the usual chores. Takes alot of work to make though.

Buying to skip gameplay content is ridiculous to me. No matter which subjective value you attach to it, its part of the experience as a whole and simply choosing to skip it in order to get the reward at the end is entirely pointless to me.

Previous items that skip parts are there so people can play content where ever they want whenever they want. This specific item doesnt enable the player, it outright skips the content.

I think that any convenience item that ArenaNet puts forward is at least balanced so that you don't feel like you could simply buy out the rewards. Even though ofcourse there are items pushing that limit.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Kururu.8140 said:Might as well ask Anet to put in an item that just instantly world completes and gives you 1k gold and 5 legendaries as well while we're at it.

How does map completion (normal way) grants you 1k gold and 5 legendaries? Because if you mean that you should be able to buy these things with real money, you already can.

I was being sarcastic and demonstrating the absurdity of the original comment. : /

It makes no sense as what you proved that buying rewards with gold is irrelevant. People already can buy legendaries with dollars.

Ugh, you really don't get it, do you? Anyway, whatever.

@Kururu.8140 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I feel like there was no substance to understand there. I'm all ears, please explain.

@kharmin.7683 said:

So what?

So ANet won't make any money on your suggestion which is probably why they won't do it.

They will. Because there will be many people (whales) who prefer to pay instead of investing time in a game. These people buy lvl 80 boosters, waypoint unlocks and other stuff. Even if OP won't bring money to anet himself, other players will. Just like in any other game.

Rather than skipping hearts, what I would prefer to see is an in-game mechanic that increases your progress rate on hearts you've already completed on any character on your account. For example, a 50% to 100% boost in progress for each action you perform toward the heart progress. That way, hearts you've already done could be done much more quickly.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So what?

They will. Because there will be many people (whales) who prefer to pay instead of investing time in a game. These people buy lvl 80 boosters, waypoint unlocks and other stuff. Even if OP won't bring money to anet himself, other players will. Just like in any other game.

Many "crappy" mobile games indeed do the same, but is that really a good reason to implement that nilly willy everywhere else? Even so, Level 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks don't actually complete content for the player. They just let you skip progression and let you move your character around easier to get to the places you want to go to. The only other thing that does lets you skip playing content is in the black lion chest and only added recently.

People would probably pay to have all achievements done, everything discovered and even get to the top of the PvP ladder. Is this a good reason to them sell that on the gemstore?People want to pay for alot of stuff, and not all of them are good.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So what?

Many "crappy" mobile games indeed do the same, but is that really a good reason to implement that nilly willy everywhere else? Even so, Level 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks don't actually complete content for the player.

Leveling and exploration are content. All people against this idea here are complaining that "hearts are crucial part of exploration". There is no justification that one type of exploration unlock is allowed (waypoints) and others aren't (e.g. hearts).

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So what?

If it was such a good idea it would be part of many MMOs monetization. It’s hardly a new idea. The fact that you don’t see this feature in reputable games but only in rip off pay to win games shows that it’s not a feature that is a win for a game in the long run.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

I feel like there was no substance to understand there. I'm all ears, please explain.

Christ, do you need me to spell it out for you? It was a j-o-k-e.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

So what?

Many "crappy" mobile games indeed do the same, but is that really a good reason to implement that nilly willy everywhere else? Even so, Level 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks don't actually complete content for the player.

Leveling and exploration are content. All people against this idea here are complaining that "hearts are crucial part of exploration". There is no justification that one type of exploration unlock is allowed (waypoints) and others aren't (e.g. hearts).

There's no justification for either. It's all just preference in the end. shrug There are however reasons not to include hearts, no matter how hard you're going to argue that there's no justification for it.

And I suppose I should've made clearer that while both of those are technically content they are obviously different kind of content.Waypoints are not the same as hearts, and that CAN be a reason not to make hearts skip-able. Hearts serve no point other than to be a part of map completion and provide minor exploration tasks/ minor background information. Waypoints are a way of moving your character through the world and explore different places faster or easier.

Personally I am still against the lvl 80 boost, waypoint unlocks and other such skips. They all put a stamp on the content as if "this is unwanted content, you don't want to bother with that" "Don't play the game, just buy yourself to the end" I don't like to see any form of shape of that, let alone moving further into that direction. It cheapens the game, makes it less of a game to begin with. I rather see improvements on repeats of the same content, Like crafting where the first craft in a series is slow, the second is twice as fast and then it just is really fast. That's better imo than simply skipping it. If the content is no fun, I don't wnat the game to tell me to just buy myself past it.

It all boils down to the principle of: I want to pay for fun content, not pay for content I want to skip.And I don't want the game to move into a philosophy where the developers or even marketing say, Well we know our game isn't the best, here, just buy your way out of those things you don't like in our game because we suck at making the game enjoyable and we rather make money off our imperfections rather than improve on them.

I have a question.

Hearts are one of this game’s version of quests and all Hearts can be considered an extended optional quest system. Do any of you know any reputable game that allows you to purchase autocomplete of a whole quest system plus any rewards that are given with it..

I’m going to bet no one can because reputable games simply don’t allow players to purchase completion of optional quests and get the quest rewards.

Archived