This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The game selling progression is bad. Players helping each other and trading amongst each other is good.

Except they do, via BLC gamble. This is arbitrary decision why some things can be bought (or gambled for) and others don't. You lose nothing if they sell heart completion via TP, game loses nothing, Anet gains more money.

Actually all of us are losing out if there are less people around playing the game. If you buy the gifts of exploration from another player (as in: pay another player to craft your legendary), then that player has spent a considerable number of hours in all the core Tyria maps, contributing to the background noise of making the game feel alive and well for others, joining in events, helping take down monsters, and generally making the world feel alive for other players.

If on the other hand ANet sells the gift of exploration (or a considerable part of the play time associated with it) directly via the gemstore, then every sale is a loss of a player playing the game and keeping the maps lively. Unlocking all waypoints for world completion is negligible (I once timed it shortly before the release of HoT, on a brand-new ranger with only the equipment from leveling up it took less than 10 hours to unlock every single waypoint for world completion) compared to the time players spend in the open world to finish all the hearts for world completion.

Every bit of convenience sold that keeps people from playing the game means less people out in the open to play with. I doubt ANet would consider this to be in the best interest for the game.

Hearts are solo gameplay. You can't even progress them together with your teammate. Hearts have bad rewards, bad gameplay and in many cases they are terrible grind.

Not really about them being solo. If you and someone else take down a monster in the heart you both get credit. You especially see this when there is a dynamic event nearby that involves killing a mob. They do need tweaking though.

Or you just 1-shot heart mobs with your mount and steal their progress altogether.

AFAIK they should share credit when you make the kill.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The game selling progression is bad. Players helping each other and trading amongst each other is good.

Except they do, via BLC gamble. This is arbitrary decision why some things can be bought (or gambled for) and others don't. You lose nothing if they sell heart completion via TP, game loses nothing, Anet gains more money.

Actually all of us are losing out if there are less people around playing the game. If you buy the gifts of exploration from another player (as in: pay another player to craft your legendary), then that player has spent a considerable number of hours in all the core Tyria maps, contributing to the background noise of making the game feel alive and well for others, joining in events, helping take down monsters, and generally making the world feel alive for other players.

If on the other hand ANet sells the gift of exploration (or a considerable part of the play time associated with it) directly via the gemstore, then every sale is a loss of a player playing the game and keeping the maps lively. Unlocking all waypoints for world completion is negligible (I once timed it shortly before the release of HoT, on a brand-new ranger with only the equipment from leveling up it took less than 10 hours to unlock every single waypoint for world completion) compared to the time players spend in the open world to finish all the hearts for world completion.

Every bit of convenience sold that keeps people from playing the game means less people out in the open to play with. I doubt ANet would consider this to be in the best interest for the game.

Hearts are solo gameplay. You can't even progress them together with your teammate. Hearts have bad rewards, bad gameplay and in many cases they are terrible grind.

Not really about them being solo. If you and someone else take down a monster in the heart you both get credit. You especially see this when there is a dynamic event nearby that involves killing a mob. They do need tweaking though.

Or you just 1-shot heart mobs with your mount and steal their progress altogether.

Only if they tag mob first. If you 1-shot it you don't share progress.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Only if they tag mob first. If you 1-shot it you don't share progress.

That is what I was thinking when you said 'steal their progress' so I guess we miscommunicated.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"mauried.5608" said:You can buy map completes from other players, but this means that the other players have to do the hearts, and all this means is that you are paying another player to do the hearts on your behalf.It doesnt mean that the hearts get skipped, and if this method is viable, then no fix is needed.So whats the going rate for another player to do map completion on your behalf?

In my experience, it usually hovers between 500g and 800g.

What difference does it make if I pay ANET to let me auto complete the hearts of if I pay another player to do them for me? Is it really that important that someone manually completes them?

The difference is that getting someone else to "do it for you" requires you to give your login information to them which is against the TOS.

No that's not how the traditional form of the transaction works. Player A gives Player B all the mats they need to finish a legendary minus the GoE and dungeon tokens and whatnot and sometimes things like clovers which they supply themselves Person B then crafts the weapon and sends it back to Player A.

It's possible that some people do it with account sharing but it's not necessary to do so.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

And yet they're selling level 80 boosts which let people skip the levelling process entirely. Also tomes of knowledge are easy to get so no one levels alts even if they don't buy a level 80 boost. The only people doing the core maps are map completion sellers and they don't care if there are other people on the maps.

The people who are really playing the game to do open world PvE are grinding metas in the HoT maps or Istan which is why they let new players skip the core zones and go straight to the fun stuff.

No one would lose out with this.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Really, think on it. Do you actually want to play a game where your wallet plays the game for you instead of you doing the work yourself? Wouldn’t you rather play to earn the ingame rewards than buy them? It might be boring to do it repeatedly but buying progression like you and the OP are suggesting is not good for the game.

That's the point. OP doesn't seem to want to play the game. OP seems to only want to make bank.

The only reason people do map completion is to make gold selling legendaries. I have done the hearts a lot now and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I happened to notice that they put in waypoint unlocks and level 80 tickets so I figured they might as well let us skip the hearts too. I'm fine with a cash shop item or an in-game item purchased from some vendor with whatever currency they want. Karma, badges of honor etc.

@Israel.7056 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

And yet they're selling level 80 boosts which let people skip the levelling process entirely. Also tomes of knowledge are easy to get so no one levels alts even if they don't buy a level 80 boost. The only people doing the core maps are map completion sellers and they don't care if there are other people on the maps.

The people who are really playing the game to do open world PvE are grinding metas in the HoT maps or Istan which is why they let new players skip the core zones and go straight to the fun stuff.

No one would lose out with this.

Anet has put all new content at 80, why is another topic but that is what they did. Given that I do not have as strong an objection to tomes and the like, just as long as people do not use them on their first character.

The complaint about asking for this for hearts is that using xp boosts is a strawman and not equivalent at all. You and your ilk have admitted this is all about the benjamins so you can make legendaries to sell. So now you are trying to win people over to your side to be proxies to ask for something not in our interest? Do not expect any sympathy.

@Israel.7056 said:

Really, think on it. Do you actually want to play a game where your wallet plays the game for you instead of you doing the work yourself? Wouldn’t you rather play to earn the ingame rewards than buy them? It might be boring to do it repeatedly but buying progression like you and the OP are suggesting is not good for the game.

That's the point. OP doesn't seem to want to play the game. OP seems to only want to make bank.

The only reason people do map completion is to make gold selling legendaries. I have done the hearts a lot now and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

That is untrue. People do content, including map completion, for many reasons. Don’t project your likes and dislikes across the whole player base or even assume your reason is the most common one.

Edit: I’ve done full map completion 9 times so far and not to make Legendaries.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

That is untrue. People do content, including map completion, for many reasons. Don’t project your likes and dislikes across the whole player base or even assume your reason is the most common one.

How is gemstore heart unlock feature remove anything from your experience? Hearts are solo gameplay anyway.

@Israel.7056 said:

I happened to notice that they put in waypoint unlocks and level 80 tickets so I figured they might as well let us skip the hearts too. I'm fine with a cash shop item or an in-game item purchased from some vendor with whatever currency they want. Karma, badges of honor etc.

People do do map completion for other purposes than the GoE's. I have over 10 map completions (lost count tbh) and yet only ever did a few legendaries; I think I have about 20 GoE's in my bank. I know several others who like doing map completion just because.

Any gem store (or other) item that lets you skip 75% of map completion should either be more expensive than the estimated value of the GoE's, or it should void the GoE's completely. It should only ever be a convenience for those who like map completion but don't like hearts.The other parts of map completion are so easy and fast that they really don't matter. Waypoint unlock really doesn't save you a whole lot of time if you're doing map completion, and to get the hero challenge unlocks you need to actually play wvw to get the tokens, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: spelling

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

How is gemstore heart unlock feature remove anything from your experience? Hearts are solo gameplay anyway.

You can read my previous responses which answer your question, which is that it harms the game by causing decreased player retention.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

You can read my previous responses which answer your question, which is that it harms the game by causing decreases player retention.

Core Tyria for a long time is not a source of player retention. Hearts weren't even considered a thing at the beginning of the game, but players were to stupid to play events. At this point, LW, new maps and new farms are there for player retention, not lame core tyria experience.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

You can read my previous responses which answer your question, which is that it harms the game by causing decreases player retention.

Core Tyria for a long time is not a source of player retention. Hearts weren't even considered a thing at the beginning of the game, but players were to stupid to play events. At this point, LW, new maps and new farms are there for player retention, not lame core tyria experience.

Uh huh.

Of course your opinion goes against the reason why the Devs of various games set up their game stores to sell fluff and cosmetics and not progression. I’m going to trust them and what they’ve leaned over the years and not someone who has to ask another player what the reasons are.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

Of course your opinion goes against the reason why the Devs of various games set up their game stores to sell fluff and cosmetics and not progression. I’m going to trust them and what they’ve leaned over the years and not someone who has to ask another player what the reasons are.

Anet already set multiple precedences for selling progression items directly or indirectly. There's just no reason why they can't go even further with heart completion. Hearts are trash content anyway. They have all the bad parts of traditional questing without any of the good parts.

About the same here. I have not done a full map completion since I have to split time across over a dozen characters but by that logic I would have only a percentage point on each to walk from where they generated to the bank to pull out the tomes.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Those people are not in the world.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

Anet already set multiple precedences for selling progression items directly or indirectly. There's just no reason why they can't go even further with heart completion. Hearts are trash content anyway. They have all the bad parts of traditional questing without any of the good parts.

Strawman. The items that are sold just give you xp (which is all leveling to 80 is). They do not actually give the majority of progression to a non-xp item (gifts of exploration).

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

Strawman. The items that are sold just give you xp (which is all leveling to 80 is). They do not actually give the majority of progression to a non-xp item (gifts of exploration).

Are you just creating an argument that leveling is not progression? because skipping leveling is more harmful, especially for new players, than skipping worthless heart grind.

Also Anet sells currencies now via BLC gamble. This means you can get currency without playing the content. And waypoint unlocks. And TP to friend. Every single one of these items allows you to skip gameplay.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Those people are not in the world.

They are - doing events or exploring. Because there are more things to explore instead of wasting time, dancing with cows or bringing 50 crabs to heart NPC.

@Zohane.7208 said:

People
do
do map completion for other purposes than the GoE's. I have over 10 map completions (lost count tbh) and yet only ever did a few legendaries; I think I have about 20 GoE's in my bank. I know several others who like doing map completion just because.

Any gem store (or other) item that lets you skip 75% of map completion should either be more expensive than the estimated value of the GoE's, or it should void the GoE's completely. It should only ever be a convenience for those who like map completion but don't like hearts.The other parts of map completion are so easy and fast that they really don't matter. Waypoint unlock really doesn't save you a whole lot of time if you're doing map completion, and to get the hero challenge unlocks you need to actually play wvw to get the tokens, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: spelling

That's mind boggling to me but whatever.

If you or anyone else actually still enjoy doing hearts then you would still be able to do so. Nothing would change for you. The people who don't like doing them could pay to skip them just like players can still level from 1 to 80 the old fashion way or pay to skip to 80 if they want.

If they want to remove gifts of exploration from map completion and make them attainable some other way or make them purchaseable through the gem store any of those options would work for me as well.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Velran.1052" said:"OP doesn't want to play the game", Op wants to play the non-trash aspects of this game instead of doing terrible content that hasn't received updates in 5 years. Essentially playing the better parts of the game, like WvW/SPvP/Raids/Fractals, Instead of terribly boring and grindy content like hearts. And it literally doesn't matter why he wants to make the legendary. Stop the insane slippery slope arguments. You people sound like the people saying the people trying to deny gay marriage because "WHY NOT ALLOW PEDOPHILES DO MARRY CHILDREN TOO?!?".

The OP can already skip the content he wishes to skip. He can already focus on the better parts of the game.

What he wants is the ability to use his credit card to purchase gems so that he can convert the gems to gold. That option already exists as well.

More than anything else what the OP is pushing for is an increased rate of gem to gold conversion for himself. That is not needed. If he wants lots of gold via real money transactions he can just buy more gems for conversion.

I never use my credit card on this game personally. I haven't given them a dime in years except for the expansions and the odd purchase here and there. I almost always convert gold into gems.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

Are you just creating an argument that leveling is not progression? because skipping leveling is more harmful, especially for new players, than skipping worthless heart grind.

Also Anet sells currencies now via BLC gamble. This means you can get currency without playing the content. And waypoint unlocks. And TP to friend. Every single one of these items allows you to skip gameplay.

Read the OP, this never has been a discussion about new players. As to the tomes and insta80s everyone warns new players not to use them.

@Israel.7056 said:

@"Velran.1052" said:"OP doesn't want to play the game", Op wants to play the non-trash aspects of this game instead of doing terrible content that hasn't received updates in 5 years. Essentially playing the better parts of the game, like WvW/SPvP/Raids/Fractals, Instead of terribly boring and grindy content like hearts. And it literally doesn't matter why he wants to make the legendary. Stop the insane slippery slope arguments. You people sound like the people saying the people trying to deny gay marriage because "WHY NOT ALLOW PEDOPHILES DO MARRY CHILDREN TOO?!?".

The OP can already skip the content he wishes to skip. He can already focus on the better parts of the game.

What he wants is the ability to use his credit card to purchase gems so that he can convert the gems to gold. That option already exists as well.

More than anything else what the OP is pushing for is an increased rate of gem to gold conversion for himself. That is not needed. If he wants lots of gold via real money transactions he can just buy more gems for conversion.

I never use my credit card on this game personally. I haven't given them a dime in years except for the expansions and the odd purchase here and there. I almost always convert gold into gems.

Then you won’t care if the option to purchase world completion gifts never happens.

As an FYI, purchasing the gift with gold through the exchange pretty much negates any profit that could be made if not resulting in a loss.

Archived