This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Really, think on it. Do you actually want to play a game where your wallet plays the game for you instead of you doing the work yourself? Wouldn’t you rather play to earn the ingame rewards than buy them? It might be boring to do it repeatedly but buying progression like you and the OP are suggesting is not good for the game.

That's the point. OP doesn't seem to want to play the game. OP seems to only want to make bank.

The only reason people do map completion is to make gold selling legendaries. I have done the hearts a lot now and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

That is untrue. People do content, including map completion, for many reasons. Don’t project your likes and dislikes across the whole player base or even assume your reason is the most common one.

Edit: I’ve done full map completion 9 times so far and not to make Legendaries.

How is gemstore heart unlock feature remove anything from your experience? Hearts are solo gameplay anyway.

You can read my previous responses which answer your question, which is that it harms the game by causing decreases player retention.

Core Tyria for a long time is not a source of player retention. Hearts weren't even considered a thing at the beginning of the game, but players were to stupid to play events. At this point, LW, new maps and new farms are there for player retention, not lame core tyria experience.

Uh huh.

Of course your opinion goes against the reason why the Devs of various games set up their game stores to sell fluff and cosmetics and not progression. I’m going to trust them and what they’ve leaned over the years and not someone who has to ask another player what the reasons are.

Anet already set multiple precedences for selling progression items directly or indirectly. There's just no reason why they can't go even further with heart completion. Hearts are trash content anyway. They have all the bad parts of traditional questing without any of the good parts.

Strawman. The items that are sold just give you xp (which is all leveling to 80 is). They do not actually give the majority of progression to a non-xp item (gifts of exploration).

Are you just creating an argument that leveling is not progression? because skipping leveling is more harmful, especially for new players, than skipping worthless heart grind.

Also Anet sells currencies now via BLC gamble. This means you can get currency without playing the content. And waypoint unlocks. And TP to friend. Every single one of these items allows you to skip gameplay.

Read the OP, this never has been a discussion about new players. As to the tomes and insta80s everyone warns new players not to use them.

My argument is direct response to yours.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Really, think on it. Do you actually want to play a game where your wallet plays the game for you instead of you doing the work yourself? Wouldn’t you rather play to earn the ingame rewards than buy them? It might be boring to do it repeatedly but buying progression like you and the OP are suggesting is not good for the game.

That's the point. OP doesn't seem to want to play the game. OP seems to only want to make bank.

The only reason people do map completion is to make gold selling legendaries. I have done the hearts a lot now and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

That is untrue. People do content, including map completion, for many reasons. Don’t project your likes and dislikes across the whole player base or even assume your reason is the most common one.

How is gemstore heart unlock feature remove anything from your experience? Hearts are solo gameplay anyway.

You can read my previous responses which answer your question, which is that it harms the game by causing decreases player retention.

Core Tyria for a long time is not a source of player retention. Hearts weren't even considered a thing at the beginning of the game, but players were to stupid to play events. At this point, LW, new maps and new farms are there for player retention, not lame core tyria experience.

Uh huh.

Of course your opinion goes against the reason why the Devs of various games set up their game stores to sell fluff and cosmetics and not progression. I’m going to trust them and what they’ve leaned over the years and not someone who has to ask another player what the reasons are.

Anet already set multiple precedences for selling progression items directly or indirectly. There's just no reason why they can't go even further with heart completion. Hearts are trash content anyway. They have all the bad parts of traditional questing without any of the good parts.

I’m curious, what games do you know that sell progression in their store, and I’m not talking about leveling boosts or even waypoints, but the ability to buy completion of hours of ingame content.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

I’m curious, what games do you know that sell progression in their store, and I’m not talking about leveling boosts or even waypoints, but the ability to buy completion of hours of ingame content.

I'm talking about GW2 and GW2 only here. I never used "other games" argument, you do. And your response above is in no way in relation to the quoted post giving me the impression you are running away from admitting Anet is already selling gameplay skipping stuff.

@Israel.7056 said:

@"Velran.1052" said:"OP doesn't want to play the game", Op wants to play the non-trash aspects of this game instead of doing terrible content that hasn't received updates in 5 years. Essentially playing the better parts of the game, like WvW/SPvP/Raids/Fractals, Instead of terribly boring and grindy content like hearts. And it literally doesn't matter why he wants to make the legendary. Stop the insane slippery slope arguments. You people sound like the people saying the people trying to deny gay marriage because "WHY NOT ALLOW PEDOPHILES DO MARRY CHILDREN TOO?!?".

The OP can already skip the content he wishes to skip. He can already focus on the better parts of the game.

What he wants is the ability to use his credit card to purchase gems so that he can convert the gems to gold. That option already exists as well.

More than anything else what the OP is pushing for is an increased rate of gem to gold conversion for himself. That is not needed. If he wants lots of gold via real money transactions he can just buy more gems for conversion.

I never use my credit card on this game personally. I haven't given them a dime in years except for the expansions and the odd purchase here and there. I almost always convert gold into gems.

Even worse then.

So you want the ability to convert gold into gems so that you can convert the gems back into gold at a profit.

I really hope that Anet ignores this request. The gem/gold conversion is set up as it is, in part, to prevent or reduce that sort of flipping.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Velran.1052" said:"OP doesn't want to play the game", Op wants to play the non-trash aspects of this game instead of doing terrible content that hasn't received updates in 5 years. Essentially playing the better parts of the game, like WvW/SPvP/Raids/Fractals, Instead of terribly boring and grindy content like hearts. And it literally doesn't matter why he wants to make the legendary. Stop the insane slippery slope arguments. You people sound like the people saying the people trying to deny gay marriage because "WHY NOT ALLOW PEDOPHILES DO MARRY CHILDREN TOO?!?".

The OP can already skip the content he wishes to skip. He can already focus on the better parts of the game.

What he wants is the ability to use his credit card to purchase gems so that he can convert the gems to gold. That option already exists as well.

More than anything else what the OP is pushing for is an increased rate of gem to gold conversion for himself. That is not needed. If he wants lots of gold via real money transactions he can just buy more gems for conversion.

I never use my credit card on this game personally. I haven't given them a dime in years except for the expansions and the odd purchase here and there. I almost always convert gold into gems.

Even worse then.

So you want the ability to convert gold into gems so that you can convert the gems back into gold at a profit.

I really hope that Anet ignores this request. The gem/gold conversion is set up as it is, in part, to prevent or reduce that sort of flipping.

Currency vouchers from BLCs already allow you to do the same.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

I'm talking about GW2 and GW2 only here. I never used "other games" argument, you do. And your response above is in no way in relation to the quoted post giving me the impression you are running away from admitting Anet is already selling gameplay skipping stuff.

No, I’m pointing out that other games (MMOs) don’t sell substantial chunks of ingame content completion in their store, no matter how profitable it might be.

Why is that? Because it’s bad for the game. The Devs have learned that selling content completion like the OP is asking for hurts player retention. They might sell boosts. They might sell leveling aids. They might even sell convenience such as waypoint unlocks. But to sell hours of content completion with the opening of the wallet isn’t something they do.

Edit: I’m not talking about games that sell pay to win items. They might so so because... they sell pay to win.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The game selling progression is bad. Players helping each other and trading amongst each other is good.

Except they do, via BLC gamble. This is arbitrary decision why some things can be bought (or gambled for) and others don't. You lose nothing if they sell heart completion via TP, game loses nothing, Anet gains more money.

Actually all of us are losing out if there are less people around playing the game. If you buy the gifts of exploration from another player (as in: pay another player to craft your legendary), then that player has spent a considerable number of hours in all the core Tyria maps, contributing to the background noise of making the game feel alive and well for others, joining in events, helping take down monsters, and generally making the world feel alive for other players.

If on the other hand ANet sells the gift of exploration (or a considerable part of the play time associated with it) directly via the gemstore, then every sale is a loss of a player playing the game and keeping the maps lively. Unlocking all waypoints for world completion is negligible (I once timed it shortly before the release of HoT, on a brand-new ranger with only the equipment from leveling up it took less than 10 hours to unlock every single waypoint for world completion) compared to the time players spend in the open world to finish all the hearts for world completion.

Every bit of convenience sold that keeps people from playing the game means less people out in the open to play with. I doubt ANet would consider this to be in the best interest for the game.

And yet they're selling level 80 boosts which let people skip the levelling process entirely. Also tomes of knowledge are easy to get so no one levels alts even if they don't buy a level 80 boost. The only people doing the core maps are map completion sellers and they don't care if there are other people on the maps.

The people who are really playing the game to do open world PvE are grinding metas in the HoT maps or Istan which is why they let new players skip the core zones and go straight to the fun stuff.

No one would lose out with this.

Anet has put all new content at 80, why is another topic but that is what they did. Given that I do not have as strong an objection to tomes and the like, just as long as people do not use them on their first character.

The complaint about asking for this for hearts is that using xp boosts is a strawman and not equivalent at all. You and your ilk have admitted this is all about the benjamins so you can make legendaries to sell. So now you are trying to win people over to your side to be proxies to ask for something not in our interest? Do not expect any sympathy.

It's not a strawman argument. I think I've been very careful to try to accurately represent the objections that've been made. I don't think I've misrepresented anyone else here.

My core argument is that there's no logical difference between paying to skip waypoint unlocks or to skip hero challenges or to skip PoIs or Vistas or Hearts or to skip levelling entirely. In principle it amounts to paying to skip content tied to levelling and/or map completion in the core game. If one form is ok then they all must be ok as they're all part of the same map completion/levelling system. The hearts happen to perhaps take more time but other than that they're just another part of map completion and levelling in the core game. I just happen to hate the hearts more than any other part of map completion so I'm currently focused on hearts but that argument could be made for any or all parts of levelling and/or map completion.

It doesn't matter what I plan to use the GoEs for that's a red herring. I could want them just to stack them in my bank and nothing about the core logic would change. It would be nice to get more people on board but that's not the main objective of this thread.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Even worse then.

To be honest I have not looked into currency vouchers so I do not know how they work.

Are you saying that converting gold to gems, then to buy keys, then to open chests, getting these currency vouchers (I assume via RNG), to then be converted into gold, produces more gold than was originally spent on gems in the first place?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Then you won’t care if the option to purchase world completion gifts never happens.

As an FYI, purchasing the gift with gold through the exchange pretty much negates any profit that could be made if not resulting in a loss.

I would just purchase them with gold. If I ultimately lose money on it then that's my problem.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

No, I’m pointing out that other games (MMOs) don’t sell substantial chunks of ingame content completion in their store, no matter how profitable it might be.

Why is that? Because it’s bad for the game. The Devs have learned that selling content completion like the OP is asking for hurts player retention. They might sell boosts. They might sell leveling aids. They might even sell convenience such as waypoint unlocks. But to sell hours of content completion with the opening of the wallet isn’t something they do.

Edit: I’m not talking about games that sell pay to win items. They might so so because... they sell pay to win.

They already let us buy hero challenge auto completes with in game currency and they let us buy waypoint unlocks with gems. They are also letting people completely skip the levelling process with gems. Auto completing hearts is logically no different from any of those. They all amount to skipping content one way or another. I'd say the signals here are pretty clear. I think they might be very open to this suggestion now. Hence this thread.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Even worse then.

To be honest I have not looked into currency vouchers so I do not know how they work.

Are you saying that converting gold to gems, then to buy keys, then to open chests, getting these currency vouchers (I assume via RNG), to then be converted into gold, produces more gold than was originally spent on gems in the first place?

You may buy other currencies for legendaries with them - like bandit crests or dungeon tokens. It's already the same.

@Israel.7056 said:

Then you won’t care if the option to purchase world completion gifts never happens.

As an FYI, purchasing the gift with gold through the exchange pretty much negates any profit that could be made if not resulting in a loss.

I would just purchase them with gold. If I ultimately lose money on it then that's my problem.

Well then considering you’re better off just buying the legendaries with buy orders, just get them directly off the TP.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

How substantial are hearts for the game? Because exploration is much more than hearts. Hearts are just pausing actual exploration, they force you to stay in 1 location to grind heart related activity and move on. You can't even progress them with friends as progression is made individually. Hearts are gameplay breaks by design.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Well then considering you’re better off just buying the legendaries with buy orders, just get them directly off the TP.

Alright but I still want to be able to pay to skip the hearts.

I don't care if it's gems or in game currency. Makes no difference to me.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

How substantial are hearts for the game? Because exploration is much more than hearts. Hearts are just pausing actual exploration, they force you to stay in 1 location to grind heart related activity and move on. You can't even progress them with friends as progression is made individually. Hearts are gameplay breaks by design.

Then don’t do them and explore. Hearts are not gameplay breaks because you’re still playing the game when you do them.

@Israel.7056 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

They already let us buy hero challenge auto completes with in game currency and they let us buy waypoint unlocks with gems. They are also letting people completely skip the levelling process with gems. Auto completing hearts is logically no different from any of those. They all amount to skipping content one way or another. I'd say the signals here are pretty clear. I think they might be very open to this suggestion now. Hence this thread.

If you buy hero challenges you still had to do ingame content and you weren’t buying from the gemstore, so invalid argumentThe leveling process could be skipped from the very beginning of the game by using crafting and there was at least one player who did so in week one and many who did it after him, so weak argument.

Buying auto complete of chunks of the game is different as it was not in the game previously in any way before this.

I remember with the waypoint argument where people argued about the slippery slope. That the next thing that would be asked for is Heart completion. Those people said ohhh noooo. No one would ever ask for Heart completion. Never!! We just want waypoints unlocked so we can play on the maps with our alts.

Well, here we are with people arguing that they want hearts unlocked and it’s ok, because waypoints are unlocked!

The slippery slope is alive and well. If hearts are unlocked with purchase, what else will be asked for next? After all, there’s lots of old content that the game could sell to players to unlock without playing.

It is not the OP's fault that ANET has things to skip certain types of content. I hope no one is blaming him/her/plant for that. People have already pointed out such items already. Idc, so I am not against ANET adding such an item in for "hearts."

At the end of the day...it's about the one resource we all share: time. While the OP may be motivated for profit (still I think this will saturate the market for legendaries if it's not linked to gems), that's irrelevant. Adding something to save time is a logical suggestion, and thus plausible for ANET since they already opened Pandora's Box for "convenience" features.

Now it's whether or not the time spent doing hearts is equal (or less/more) than time spent doing waypoints/hero points. Furthermore, is that time spent of some quality like fun or boring? (OP feels time spent doing hearts is boring as near as I can gather). Time wasted on boring routines cannot be gained back, so the suggestion for convenience seems logical enough for me.

I, however, do not think the game "needs" or is desperate for such features. This may be semantic. I can probably guess for ANET that...adding more gifts of exploration isn't integral to the game's survival which is true. Flooding the market with legendaries because of a convenience item would impact the economy...not necessarily impact its survival either. See how easy circular logic is? D:

At the end of the day. It's on ANET.

P.S. send me legendaries I don't do them, keke. and /thread pls pls pls

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

Then don’t do them and explore. Hearts are not gameplay breaks because you’re still playing the game when you do them.

People can already pay to skip dungeons, fractals, map events, leveling (learning) or waypoint unlocks. I see no reason why hearts can't be on this list.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Even worse then.

You may buy other currencies for legendaries with them - like bandit crests or dungeon tokens. It's already the same.

You didnt answer my question.

The OP wants to be able to convert gold into gems and then convert the gems back into gold at a profit. You say that this can already be done via currency vouchers.

Are you sure that buying gems with gold, using the gems to buy keys, using the keys to open chests, getting vouchers (via RNG?), and converting the vouchers into gold, produces more gold than was originally converted to gems? Are you positive?

Because that is effectively what the op is asking for.

If its already possible then there is no reason to implement his request for anet to help him flip the gem/gold conversion at a personal profit.

So tell me, you players who want this. What other content completion should ANet sell in the gemstore? Old raids? Mastery points? Full map completion? Because you know if they start selling content completion then there’s nothing to hold them back and nothing to stop other players from asking for completion purchase of whatever content they want to buy.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

People can already pay to skip dungeons, fractals, map events, leveling (learning) or waypoint unlocks. I see no reason why hearts can't be on this list.

Dungeons, fractals, and map events are not purchased through the gem store.

The other two are examples of the slippery slope that I argued against. People will always ask for more. If Anet were to allow people to purchase heart completions, what would people ask for next using what Anet has already added as justification? Vistas, POI’s, achievements, collections, or more?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Uh huh.

Dungeons, fractals, and map events are not purchased through the gem store.

You can buy their currencies via BLC vouchers and therefore skip gameplay altogether.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

Actually all of us are losing out if there are less people around playing the game. If you buy the gifts of exploration from another player (as in: pay another player to craft your legendary), then that player has spent a considerable number of hours in all the core Tyria maps, contributing to the background noise of making the game feel alive and well for others, joining in events, helping take down monsters, and generally making the world feel alive for other players.

I hope you never meet me when I'm doing map completion because your bubble of happiness and cooperation will be totally burst. I rarely talk to anyone or stop to help with anything. 25+ hours of stupid stupid hearts means i'm not going to waste a second of my time helping someone else.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:So tell me, you players who want this. What other content completion should ANet sell in the gemstore? Old raids? Mastery points? Full map completion? Because you know if they start selling content completion then there’s nothing to hold them back and nothing to stop other players from asking for completion purchase of whatever content they want to buy.

I think people already asked for map completion tickets on forums. I mean, after they decided to sell lvl 80 boosters and waypoint unlocks - why not everything? They already made three major steps. And raid completion can already be bought, not mentioning pvp tournaments - difference is you buy gems, convert to gold and pay players. At the end, anet makes money.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Even worse then.

You didnt answer my question.

The OP wants to be able to convert gold into gems and then convert the gems back into gold at a profit. You say that this can already be done via currency vouchers.

Are you sure that buying gems with gold, using the gems to buy keys, using the keys to open chests, getting vouchers (via RNG?), and converting the vouchers into gold, produces more gold than was originally converted to gems? Are you positive?

Because that is effectively what the op is asking for.

If its already possible then there is no reason to implement his request for anet to help him flip the gem/gold conversion at a personal profit.

I'm already making new legendary using dungeon tokens from my vouchers. And I didn't even need to buy keys, got some from free keys from the story.

So yeah, it's already possible to profit on currency vouchers while skipping content.

Archived