What do you play for pve?

zomgbuffalo.5276

I use my condi rev for all my fractals, sometimes WvW, and have seen them used in raids (I usually am chrono). Due to the easy rotation, the increase of base torment damage to match bleed, and bonus torment damage when a target moves (stationary bosses/world bosses always count as in motion), they are a good source of condition damage in every game mode (torment is great against moving players in PvP).

I have three builds currently.

Standard Power Herald. Sword/Sword + Hammer or Staff. Full Zerker, Scholar Runes, Force + Air Sigils. Standard max DPS Herald build.
AdvantagesLarge amount of self sustain, in spite of having no healing powerLarge amount of blocksGreat at breaking barsGood at giving boons to ill-formed groupsLow maintenance

DisadvantagesLow DPS overallBoons aren't useful on well constructed teamsNo real source of burst damage

Standard Condi Rev. Mace/Axe + Sword. Full Vipers. x4 Nightmare Runes, x2 Trapper runes Smoldering + Malice Sigils. Standard max DPS condi rev build.AdvantagesGood DPSReliable DPSLarge area of engagement.Boon RipDecent might stacking

DisadvantagesPoor CCOnly team buff is Assassin's PresenceNo true ranged weapon.No true burst DPS.

Healing Herald, snowflake build. Sword/Shield + Staff. Full Zealots. x6 Monk Runes. Water + Transference sigils. Devastation, Salvation, Herald.AdvantagesDecent self DPS for a healing buildTeam Alacrity.Good at giving boons to ill-formed groups.Excellent Projectile Management.Good CC.

DisadvantagesLimited healing range.Doesn't carry wanderers too well.Poor self healing (strangely).The Tablet Movement heal is difficult to use.

All are useful. As for which is optimal... depends on your circumstances. There are always going to be times where you'll be on the condi rev but wishing you had power herald and so on. From a raw damage standpoint, Condi rev is best. It has the best AoE damage, highest sustained DPS, and it stacks conditions that necromancers don't automatically cap out for epidemic. For a condi build it has a surprisingly short ramp up time. Only problem is, that is basically all it does. The power build, while having lower DPS, is far more defensive, sustainable, versatile, and is better at carrying groups due to the ability to spread fury, might, and protection. For example, I can easily solo the last 30% of the MAMA fight in cm99 on a power build, but doing so on a condi build has proven much more difficult.

The healing build... is a healer. If you're negating incoming damage, then you're pretty optimal. Granted, you don't have all of the damage buffs that Druid has, but the additional Alacrity is far from meaningless, since on harder content the alacrity from the chrono can be spotty at times.

Probably gonna play condi viper or griever regenade with either Shiro or Mallyx using sword/axe/SB soon, tho there are many negative thought around this specs but i really like it personally with this setup, tested it out during stresstest and really enjoyable, i mostly do open PvE and a bit of WvW, rev shortbow going to be my new lootstick.

Anyway i hope Anet will do some adjusments b4 the launch. :)*gonna take a lot of time to get use to this new forum :#

I run with Mallyx (Viper's, 4x Nightmare and 2x Trapper Runes, Malice and Geomancy Sigils, all infusions of the Malign variety, with trait lines; Corruption ↘ → ↗, Invocation → ↗ ↗, and soon to be Renegade → → →) using Mace/Axe these days. In 9 days I will be swapping out Jalis with Kalla and add Short Bow as my secondary weapon (having just finished Chuka and Champawat the other day =)). If I feel the need to don some Swiftness at that point, I'll likely swap in Jalis briefly and blast Inspiring Reinforcement with Echoing Eruption while running around, though mounts will alleviate the need for that in some content at least.

I play mainly Powerreaper/Condiminionmaster. Both a breeze for open world and story. Also usefull in fractals. Also palying a memser cnrono. Love this elite. In open world/ story i play dom/duel/chrono full dps infigth facetanking with sword/sword/shield/focus no GS needed. For fraktals and Groupstuff i play Duel/Inspi/Chrono.

@SunTzu.4513 said:I play mainly Powerreaper/Condiminionmaster. Both a breeze for open world and story. Also usefull in fractals. Also palying a memser cnrono. Love this elite. In open world/ story i play dom/duel/chrono full dps infigth facetanking with sword/sword/shield/focus no GS needed. For fraktals and Groupstuff i play Duel/Inspi/Chrono.

Dude !! OP is asking about rev and we are on rev's subforum you might be in wrong place. If you do this intentionally its not cool at all man.

@Eros.6801 said:

@SunTzu.4513 said:I play mainly Powerreaper/Condiminionmaster. Both a breeze for open world and story. Also usefull in fractals. Also palying a memser cnrono. Love this elite. In open world/ story i play dom/duel/chrono full dps infigth facetanking with sword/sword/shield/focus no GS needed. For fraktals and Groupstuff i play Duel/Inspi/Chrono.

Dude !! OP is asking about rev and we are on rev's subforum you might be in wrong place. If you do this intentionally its not cool at all man.

Oh damned sry my fault. need moar coffe. Reading issue by me. But i also play a rev sometimes this is my build i use just for fun:

gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAS8un3gWNSuQrJRbo/ksP0gS4I6QJ4EdrklZlRNgEWg9la2xe6r7G

With the hammer skill u have good sustain/surviability and aoe imo. Makes a lot of fun to paly for me.

I've tried condi rev. But as a solo player, I feel like my survivability goes right out the window against medium or larger groups (either that or it just hasn't clicked with my playstyle).

I've always been doing a power rev built for solo play, but something that can also act as a general support tank in group content.

Mace/Axe & Staff, Viper's Ascended with Celestial Trinkets, or Trailblazers trinkets (Armour very expense)...

Stances - Glint/Mallyx... I tend to use Mallyx's Elite skill a lot. Does some serious damage to everyone around you.

Traits - Corruption/Devastation/Herald

Once PoF hits, I'll try replacing the staff with the Shortbow.

@Celldrax.2849 said:I've tried condi rev. But as a solo player, I feel like my survivability goes right out the window against medium or larger groups (either that or it just hasn't clicked with my playstyle).

You can Try Condi Herald (Corr/Invo/Herald) for solo play, it's a lot tanker since you have Facet of Light to cheese yourself back to 100% against any PvE encounter and Hardened Persistence for some built in Toughness. You just lose your devastation line, which is mostly about giving your group ferocity anyways. Plus you gain perma-swiftness for being lazy in the open world and perma-fury (which also equals a fast and easy 23'ish stacks of might if you use Incensed Response).

My main Fractal Character is a Power Rev (Marauder Shiro/Glint) but depending on the team comp and the fractal, Revenants can cover almost anything

• If you need projectile destruction, Ventari + Retribution (for Planar Protection)
  • If you need boon hate, Mallyx + Corruption

Otherwise I typically go Shiro/Glint, really good CC too for those breakbars and the DPS is consistantly high - Staff and Sword/X (generally shield or sword offhand)

I dream of a Rev-only fractal run Ahahaha

@narcx.3570 said:

@Celldrax.2849 said:I've tried condi rev. But as a solo player, I feel like my survivability goes right out the window against medium or larger groups (either that or it just hasn't clicked with my playstyle).

You can Try Condi Herald (Corr/Invo/Herald) for solo play, it's a lot tanker since you have Facet of Light to cheese yourself back to 100% against any PvE encounter and Hardened Persistence for some built in Toughness. You just lose your devastation line, which is mostly about giving your group ferocity anyways. Plus you gain perma-swiftness for being lazy in the open world and perma-fury (which also equals a fast and easy 23'ish stacks of might if you use Incensed Response).

How does incensed response compare vs equilibrium?

Condition Revenant, standard build. It's pretty fun, I used the old Power Build for so long I was happy when they buffed up Mace and everything else with Mallyx. I enjoy it quite a bit and am looking forward to having a Shortbow. I pray every day that A.net makes it better than what I've seen because I made Chuka and Champawat just for my Renegade. :P

Mostly in open world content I use Mallyx/Glint but in Fractals and other such things I use Mallyx/Jalis. Mounts can't come soon enough for me so I can drop Glint and use Mallyx/Khalla! The pain of not having a passive move speed buff trait is real.

I do hope they give Power Revenants more of a look because I do miss that from time to time. It needs some help in my opinion.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

The only time I would ever take Equilibrium is in raids/fractals with a PS Warrior already giving me 25 stacks of might. Equilibrium used to have a place in the PvP meta as part of power burst combo's, but it and surge and precision strike all got their raw damage nerfed so hard that it's really not even worth trying to do anymore.

Anytime you're above 50 energy and want to swap legends (this is especially true as Condi), you'll get waaaaayyyyy more dps out of dumping that energy into extra skills than you would from proc'ing Eq... And really, if you're doing meta rotations you'll never be above 50 anyways, so it's sort of a moot point. Also, anytime you're not at 25 stacks of might, any extra might that you can stack is going to up your damage probably more than anything else... And I can't stress how crazy fast Incensed Response builds might in Glint. I've been using it for solo roaming in WvW lately, and when you engage in Glint, by the time you unleash your Facets of Elements/Strength and swap into Mallyx or Shiro you'll have over 20 stacks of might. It's great.

@narcx.3570 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

The only time I would ever take Equilibrium is in raids/fractals with a PS Warrior already giving me 25 stacks of might. Equilibrium used to have a place in the PvP meta as part of power burst combo's, but it and surge and precision strike all got their raw damage nerfed so hard that it's really not even worth trying to do anymore.

Anytime you're above 50 energy and want to swap legends (this is especially true as Condi), you'll get waaaaayyyyy more dps out of dumping that energy into extra skills than you would from proc'ing Eq... And really, if you're doing meta rotations you'll never be above 50 anyways, so it's sort of a moot point. Also, anytime you're not at 25 stacks of might, any extra might that you can stack is going to up your damage probably more than anything else... And I can't stress how crazy fast Incensed Response builds might in Glint. I've been using it for solo roaming in WvW lately, and when you engage in Glint, by the time you unleash your Facets of Elements/Strength and swap into Mallyx or Shiro you'll have over 20 stacks of might. It's great.

Good to know, im a condi rev and just -finished- with fractals, completed ad infinitum.

I only play PvE, which includes fractals and dungeons. For solo roaming I would prefer to use condi with Mallyx and Jalis but the lack of a ranged condi weapon makes it feel so awkward. So, till PoF hits I'm using my standard Glint and "X" where X is usually Shiro but sometimes Ventari because I'm one of those strange puppies that gets a kick out of the tablet and people's reactions when they see it pop out in the middle of a fight.

Archived