Legendary weapons, is there any other way to get them?

silverfox.1056

I know you can make a legendary the long way, I was curious if you could ever get a legendary in a drop from killing a high level monster, completing some hard challenge or anything else. I don't have the time to get map complete or gather all the redundant materials need to make one. Is there any other way? Is grinding really the only way other than buying one with real money?

Legendary weapons do not drop from anything. All of them come from the Mystic Forge.

This means that your only options for First Editions is to craft them yourself or buy them from the Trading Post (you can farm gold or use the gem exchange to use real money, if you want to). Second Editions can only be crafted.

Hm. Well technically I suppose you could go do events that have a chance at rare, expensive drops like the Chak Egg Sac or Confetti Infusion but these are both rng items with an extremely low drop rate. If you go one you'd have more than enough gold after selling it to purchase a legendary off the TP. Theres also farming BL keys in the hopes of getting a permanent contract to sell or even the Legendary Awakened Hoarder bounty in hopes of getting the rare miniature it drops but again these are all low chance rng items hence the high value. Other than that I can't say I know of any other way, let alone a guaranteed one. Sorry friend

@silverfox.1056 said:I was curious if you could ever get a legendary in a drop from killing a high level monster,Nocompleting some hard challenge or anything else.No & no again.

I don't have the time to get map complete or gather all the redundant materials need to make one.That's what you need to do to make them.

Is there any other way?Get lucky at some other type of drop, sell it, and use the funds to purchase a legendary.

Is grinding really the only way other than buying one with real money?I've made legendaries and haven't spent a dime (or sou or whatever your local currency is) to get them.

@CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617 said:The ONLY mechanical advantage legendary weapons have over ascended is free stat swapping. Ascended and legendary do exactly the same damage and have the same number of sigil and infusion slots. And you can get ascended weapon chests through Tequatl (world boss), Fractals, WvW, and PvP.

It's probably very rare but I also got a Zojja's chest from Palawan phylacteries the other day while farming. I would like someone else to confirm it, but it seems ascended items may be acquired in more that those 4 ways. o:

@CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617 said:The ONLY mechanical advantage legendary weapons have over ascended is free stat swapping. Ascended and legendary do exactly the same damage and have the same number of sigil and infusion slots. And you can get ascended weapon chests through Tequatl (world boss), Fractals, WvW, and PvP.

And this advantage is mostly useless, as you can't freely swap the sigils of the weapon. Honestly, it would be more useful the other way around. I carry 4 (and should carry at least one more) staffs, one of which legendary, all of them in Berserker stats, just using different sigils.

Archived