All of these new PoF masteries for mounts...

TheDraco.3965

@Celldrax.2849 said:And of course they have "bad" turning. That's just standard for any game with mounts. It just wouldn't feel right if they controlled the same as our characters do.

Any game with mounts? It may have been too long ago, but I don't remember the WoW mounts having that kind of inertia.

On topic, please keep mount physics as they are. They at least feel like a heavy mount.

Remember that time people complained about Epona from Ocarina of Time, suggesting that she should turn on the spot and ignore physics? No? Neither do I, because it would break immersion.

Given that mounts are one of the major elements of this expansion, you can be sure their movement has been heavily considered and is exactly as intended.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Celldrax.2849 said:And of course they have "bad" turning. That's just standard for any game with mounts. It just wouldn't feel right if they controlled the same as our characters do.

Any game with mounts? It may have been too long ago, but I don't remember the WoW mounts having that kind of inertia.

On topic, please keep mount physics as they are. They at least feel like a heavy mount.Never played WoW.

But anyway, I like my mounts to feel like they have a bit of weight to them.

@calb.3128 said:Remember that time people complained about Epona from Ocarina of Time, suggesting that she should turn on the spot and ignore physics? No? Neither do I, because it would break immersion.

Given that mounts are one of the major elements of this expansion, you can be sure their movement has been heavily considered and is exactly as intended.

The lack of permadeath is breaking my immersion! It's not realistic! Because you know immersion is the most important part of a video game. There clearly arent any other factors to consider other than immersion.

From playing the demo, I think the mounts handled exactly how I expected them to. You're riding (in the case of the raptor) on a huge lumbering lizard like creature. It is fast on the straightaways, but when you have something that big and heavy, they will need to slow down and have a larger radius to turn. Unlike many other MMOs where the mount handles just like your character, only faster (such as the typical horses in LoTRO), these mounts have their own nuances in how they handle and turn. They may take some getting used to, but personally, I LOVE them. :)

@Llethander.3972 said:You kidding? I LOVE the turning of the mounts. It makes them feel like they actually have weight and substance. It's the best!

Which I find to be a surprising development choice considering how floaty and weightless our characters feel. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, just dislike a great deal how character movement/jumping/etc. feels compared to other similar games.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:like a truck. i don't know, but my cat turns better ;-)

I have two cats myself and they don't turn on spot while they are running at full speed through the house. They use the walls to rapidly change direction or slide against doors. The raptor mount in GW2 turns and runs pretty realistic based on its size and potential weight.As stated before I think it's absolutely great how they move.

Excelsior.

I was really amazed how well-done the raptor moved. Unlike other games, where it feels like it's going on rails, it felt like a real animal. I mean, we give commands to it and it has to react. We don't have psi powers and we also can't control its muscles. The delay, the momentum and the turning feels like the participating developers really took signifcant time to get it done, and the whole feel is very important (mention that for example a shooter game often falls with a "bad weapon feel") and shows the quality we receive in our game.

From point of realism, it's great. From the point of not getting 'car sick' (thus mount sick), it's very very very very bad.

Some people (like me) love all legendary effects, (even Quip). Some people hate them. First group long time got the flavor. now both groups have.

I see many people super happy posting here they like it, and i can see only one reason, they are scared to loose their 'turn' feature. Why does it have to be a 'overwrite'? Why not implement both. For me raptor is insanely stomach turning, when he turns. What bothers me even more is. That if you dont use the 'change camera view and not movement camera', your char and camera are 'one'. They dont bug, they stay together perfect, giving insanely smooth experience. Mounts however, while they make the turn, or even half ass turns, or even HEAD turns (while walking straight), the camera keeps it old point very long, making it ultra confusing to start moving again. If you wanna make a mount turn like a car, make the camera turn like a car too.

Archived