Be careful ordering gem cards on Amazon

• ArenaNet Staff

@Edge.4180 said:I've purchased two gem cards from Amazon (directly from them, not a third-party seller). One worked without issue, the other didn't. It just immediately returns an error when attempting to use it.

I reached out to support and hopefully they can fix it, otherwise I'm probably looking at an extensive hassle with Amazon. I don't think I'll be going the Amazon route for gems again.

I will verify this with our CS Team, but I believe you need to contact the seller, not our CS Team. This is because the seller made the transaction (and received your payments) we did not. Therefore we cannot replace a card that doesn't work. If you work with the vendor I feel sure they'll make this right.

Another route you can take to get gems is a tad more expensive, and you have to know how much the tax is on the number of gems that you want, but the gift cards put out by Visa and Mastercard, the ones that you can find everywhere, will work like a treat. I have used them a couple times with absolutely no problems..when I knew how much the tax was for the number of dollars to gems that is :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Chickenooble.5014" said:Hey everyone, thanks for the replies.

No funny business here. The reason I purchased the cards through Amazon is that I had something else I wanted to order and figured I'd throw some money ArenaNet's way. Plus, I like getting packages in the mail. :)

As some other posters suggested, I contacted ArenaNet to see if they can help. If not, I'll just hit Amazon up and see if they can refund or replace.

next time don't waste your time and contact Amazon directly. I am sure others have had different experiences but I have never in years had a bad experience with their customer support and they ALWAYS resolve the issue. Often they just refund my money or send me a new item.

They will make it right for you just give them a chance. For the volume of sales they are doing they really have great customer service.

I'd guess the issue was resolved months ago.

that may be but there is no admission of that here and at least my statement was of some value even if very late.

Amazon does in fact have great customer service.Anet could take a lesson. So could the company I work for.

Archived