What build you mostly enjoy?

David.5974

Sadly I think this poll results will be biased since currently there aren't (m)any other viable options for Engineers to use at this point of balance. If you like anything other than Power Holosmith at this point you are either a player from ye olde times or a masochist or perhaps both.

Looks like holo defeat older builds by far. Shame, I choose engi for his clever gameplay (combo finishing fields, using huge variety of skills and utilities) Holo is cool but too much straight forward. Use 1 skill to get might , stability, barrier and deal dmg isn't for me enjoyable. So for me Condi Engi and Scrapper wins.

I want put there one question: If other builds will be in line with holosmith, do you still stick to holo? Thanks for answers

Hard to say. They all do different things. Assuming they were all equally balanced (they are not, by far), you have different playstyles like:

• Holo - Get close, drop massive cc/damage and hope you nuked them enough to win the fight.
  • Scrapper - Rotation-based playstyle. Use combo fields to keep your sustain high and hammer skills to stick to your target.
  • Core Condi - Pew pew harassment until you're ready to make your move, then tag with lethal burn burst at close range.
  • Core Power - Control with rifle, keeping your opponent at mid-close range so that you can land your damage but they can't land theirs.

Of these, the only one I really dislike is Scrapper's hammer rotation playstyle. However, they mix and match pretty well, so you can play Holo with just about any core power build, or play Scrapper with pistols or rifle.

@"David.5974" said:Looks like holo defeat older builds by far. Shame, I choose engi for his clever gameplay (combo finishing fields, using huge variety of skills and utilities) Holo is cool but too much straight forward. Use 1 skill to get might , stability, barrier and deal dmg isn't for me enjoyable. So for me Condi Engi and Scrapper wins.

I want put there one question: If other builds will be in line with holosmith, do you still stick to holo? Thanks for answers

I honestly enjoyed core condi engi's PvP playstyle immensely prior to HoT's launch. It was very much a "hit-and-run" style that was exciting to nail an enemy with.

PvE: Condi Core. I like the complicated rotation...hate that it's so unrewarding.

PvP: Prefer Holo so I can fit the pug-meta, do damage, and just rotate like a thief. Easier to change the outcome of the game as a Holo. Although, I like the bruiser/support role that a Scrapper can be...but hate that it's such a handicap to getting anything done. Either you have a team that knows that you are occupying them so the they can make plays elsewhere...or you get a team that thinks you need help and loses everywhere else.

@Unknown.3976 said:

@"JETWING.2759" said:Scrapper looks waaaaaay stronger than Holosmith, but i don't have HoT yet... Then i just play Holo or Core Condi.

What??!? In its' current state, Scrapper is probably the most useless elite spec. Some folks do run it as condi cleanser for WvW..

I do not believe "useless" means what you seem to think it means. It is rather effective in WvW, and I achieved the legendary title for 9 seasons and will do so again for a 10th.

Archived