New Engineer, looking for advice!

Archivist.8109

welcome to the game. i'm not exactly a veteran, but this will help you play engi, or just this game in general (or any mmo, actually):

get a mouse with a lot of buttons. but not too many like those dumb phone pad looking things.

get a left hand gaming pad ie, razer tartarus.

get used to using a lot of buttons. this is especially more so for an engineer.

map your keys where they are comfortable or make sense. my attacks are all on my mouse while my movements, dodge, utilities, weapons swap/kits are all left hand. a left hand gaming pad really helps because i've put my movement onto a thumb pad and now my dodge, jump, etc area all my fingertips.

i assume you know about mmo's and remapping your turning keys into left and right strafe?

@"Archivist.8109" said:I'm still learning the game, and I really wanna do an engineer. I know that's not typically advisable, but it's what I want! Any tips to help me cope with the overwhelming awesomeness that will be my charr engineer?

Play kits when leveling up! Both rifle and pistol are low DPS weapons, so you will feel underpowered if you don't use kits.Something along these lines:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhatY1VwvLQ7FL3FFYDGhBQ4EGQZ24W0EfGA-jxBBABRcCAA4BA0p6PUqE8v9H4S5Hg6BAA-e

Might not be the best build but I deliberately picked stat types you can get on a budget. Go condi when leveling up, then swap to power stats at level 80 and after you've picked up holo/scrapper.

For Iron Legion!

Hello charr engineer , you want be one of us? Then you must learn how to make a big boom. Stick with explosions, firearms and tools trait lines. This will allow you use every nessesary kit (switch trait if you like specific kit, for example juggernaut in firearms for flamethrower) weapons, turrets and gadgets. If you like elixirs , I recommend switch tool traits for alchemy.

Engineer is special in one thing - every weapon AA is horrible (if we not count elite specs) so use Flamethrower autoattack, bomb AA or Granades AA. Pick turrets what you like, have one, two, three or four kits as alternative swap to your weapon, use tool belt skills and enjoy your engineer.

Btw: Engi is really strong in open world, you can solo group events with smile, but it need some exp. So GL HF

Yeah I second you not needing any special mouse. Just bind your keys and get used to them. Also get used to flamethrower doing more damage than anything else while leveling. Also, unlike many other classes, toolbelt skills (F skills) are really powerful. Use them!

Archived