Mount Maelstrom mastery point bug [merged]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have the same problem. The Volcanic Electrum Mastery is impossible to get because the mastery is floating to a part where you cannot get it. My ticket number has been created three days ago but no response yet. Ticket number is: 6830203. If possible I would like to have the Volcanic Electrum mailed to me instead since it is the only one that is left to finish my Aurora. https://imgur.com/a/5c8LF

they cant send you that item cause you dont get item into the inventory when you do the collection ... 4day ago when they responded to my ticket a GM tried to help me with sending the item but at the end he realized that it cant be send in game .. only if i interact with the mastery what is impossible now ... soo we can only wait ... you can write tickets about it, maybe more ticket means faster patch ... but dont wait the item cause that's not gonna happening :/

I got excited when I saw the new build just now, but unfortunately, this issue still remains. Quick recap of what the bug is:

In Mount Maelstrom, there is a Mastery Point located South-West of Maelstrom's Waypoint. In order to get it, you have to commune with it.The name of the Mastery Point is: Mount Maelstrom Insight: Volcanic Rim.Due to the fact that either the Mastery Point somehow moved upwards into the sky, or the terrain around it somehow changed, this Mastery Point is no longer accessible, and therefore, no longer possible to commune with and earn. As far as everyone I have talked to knows, there is no way to do a map event or wait for the geography of the volcanic rim to magically change and allow access to the Mastery Point.

I am not a coder, but the ways to fix this issue that I can think of are:Move the mastery point back down to a point where it is accessible. (Recommended)Build a path to the mastery point where it is now by increasing the height of the volcanic rim surrounding it. (Not recommended)Give everyone with an active account the Mastery Point if they do not have it already. (Probably not going to happen)

I know ANet is aware of this problem by now and actively working towards a solution, but I just wanted to get my opinion out there and will return to waiting patiently for a fix, checking back daily and hoping for the best. This game seems to be well-updated, continuing to improve things and add new features. I just hope that fixing this Mastery Point is considered to be a high priority. Seemingly little bugs can get pushed off in favor of more pressing content, which can over time negatively impact consumer perception of the game.

Sorry if I went on too long, but I just got back into this game recently and am loving it and hoping that it remains successful well into the future,All the best.

Yep, checked after the latest patch today. Still floating out away from the mountain. (see screenshot)

http://iconia.org/gw/gw287.jpg

This is probably a simple fix, but likely has a very low priority, given the "bugs in the system" the new content apparently has. Hopefully will get fixed in a few days to a few weeks.

@"ArchaeanDragon.7314" said:Yep, checked after the latest patch today. Still floating out away from the mountain. (see screenshot)

http://iconia.org/gw/gw287.jpg

This is probably a simple fix, but likely has a very low priority, given the "bugs in the system" the new content apparently has. Hopefully will get fixed in a few days to a few weeks.

It's an item that blocks achievement progress, so yeah, probably low priority but damn, they should have a means of bumping it up once they get X number of complaints about it. (It's probably just a typo in the coordinates of placement, which shouldn't be THAT hard to correct).

Archived