Mount Maelstrom mastery point bug [merged]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Leave Eye.5126 said:this is sad. the legendary trinket aurora can not be crafted due to this bug. in the devs known bugs list, this is not stated. it may be weeks or months before they come across this. i am in the same boat i have everything ready to make it all i need is the one mastery and i can craft it. till then all that work for nothing.

i have a feeling this statement is still true. No response and still no update on the issues list. I am happy a lot of people here are getting involved, hopefully soon someone will notice.

Im realy hoping that as "next release" you don't mean next LS .. becasue that's 2-3month ... and that's gonna be realy dissapointing because this is a UNIQUE end game content ... what for we all farmed and played roughly 1 month and you just say now we need only 1 thing and need to wait 2-3 more month ??

• ArenaNet Staff

To clarify - its our next content release (when we say stuff like "Next release" it generally means the next time we have release of content that adds things to the game and isn't just bug fixes or unplanned hotfixes). I cannot give an exact date at this time. However I can tell you that you will NOT have to wait months for it. I'm sorry I cannot offer more information at this time. =(

@"Dara Potocska.8196" said:To clarify - its our next content release (when we say stuff like "Next release" it generally means the next time we have release of content that adds things to the game and isn't just bug fixes or unplanned hotfixes). I cannot give an exact date at this time. However I can tell you that you will NOT have to wait months for it. I'm sorry I cannot offer more information at this time. =(

maybe not Months, but atleast a month............................

I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

But could we try to be a little understanding of how they're trying to fix the problem? GW2 is a big game and the maps aren't small, plus there are bigger bugs that they're trying to fix right now. A bit of patience won't kill anyone.

@ShadowDove.8329 said:I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

But could we try to be a little understanding of how they're trying to fix the problem? GW2 is a big game and the maps aren't small, plus there are bigger bugs that they're trying to fix right now. A bit of patience won't kill anyone.

Bigger bugs? For exemple?I think this one should be pretty high in the bug-fix priority.

@ShadowDove.8329 said:I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

i get your point ... it's a big game whit many things it's okey having bug's .... We understand that there can be bugs like this ... BUT for aurora you need to play 3-4h /day for atleast 18 day (it's only if you know everything what you need to do every day, for causual players way more time) ... and when you finish it, you cant. And you wait 1 week, and still nothing. Soo if you are farming, and collecting stuff for a month (or more ) you would be sad aswell.

@BalthazarFPS.3471 said:

But could we
try
to be a little understanding of how they're trying to fix the problem? GW2 is a big game and the maps aren't small, plus there are bigger bugs that they're trying to fix right now. A bit of patience won't kill anyone.

i get your point ... it's a big game whit many things it's okey having bug's .... We understand that there can be bugs like this ... BUT for aurora you need to play 3-4h /day for atleast 18 day (it's only if you know everything what you need to do every day, for causual players way more time) ... and when you finish it, you cant. And you wait 1 week, and still nothing. Soo if you are farming, and collecting stuff for a month (or more ) you would be sad aswell.

I see your point. Sorry for being so hasty to say such a thing then.

I think that waiting is the only thing that people can do now, though. It's been flagged as something that will be fixed in the next update, and there's a limit to how much we can press devs to get things get fixed more quickly.

@"ShadowDove.8329" said:I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

If the developers would explain why this fix is difficult or give any other reason why it can't be fixed immediately I would not post a sarcastic comment like I did. That "we can't talk it" mystery behaviour is what causes the upset. This is not new content, so why does it have to wait until a content release?

@ulchanar.4309 said:

@"ShadowDove.8329" said:I know most people are upset over not being able to complete Aurora, and personally I just want the mastery point-

But could we
try
to be a little understanding of how they're trying to fix the problem? GW2 is a big game and the maps aren't small, plus there are bigger bugs that they're trying to fix right now. A bit of patience won't kill anyone.

If the developers would explain why this fix is difficult or give any other reason why it can't be fixed immediately I would not post a sarcastic comment like I did. That "we can't talk it" mystery behaviour is what causes the upset. This is not new content, so why does it have to wait until a content release?

I see, I see. That makes a lot of sense.Maybe they're planning to add some other stuff to it e.g. more legendary things? and decided to do it all at once and put it with new content. But it's all speculation on my side, and I don't think devs are really allowed to give us in depth reasons on why they do what they do, especially if it ends up making them look bad.

Archived