Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Crash Entering WvW


Recommended Posts

  • ArenaNet Staff

Update: We have temporarily disabled LFG listings until we can get a proper fix in for this.

We are aware of a crash that can occur when entering WvW. This is an issue with the LFG preview UI in the party UI:FaBCVNE.pngThere is a work around that can midigate some of the issue though it is not a proper fix but can help get people back into WvW sooner than we can have a patch ready. Unchecking the "Automatically Expand LFG Preview" will allow you to enter WvW without crashing. The LFG preview UI can still cause a crash so be careful using it while in WvW.HwpygwE.pngThanksRaymond

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The LFG killed the essence of guilds in PvE too much like the merging of PvE into megaserver that killed server pride.based on my observations, poeple on pve now starts to lfg via "chat", map team etc, whats the best way to get a group is via guild chat, guilds and friends will be a thing now without the lfg atleast for a short time till they found a fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:Update: We have temporarily disabled LFG listings until we can get a proper fix in for this.

We are aware of a crash that can occur when entering WvW. This is an issue with the LFG preview UI in the party UI:FaBCVNE.pngThere is a work around that can midigate some of the issue though it is not a proper fix but can help get people back into WvW sooner than we can have a patch ready. Unchecking the "Automatically Expand LFG Preview" will allow you to enter WvW without crashing. The LFG preview UI can still cause a crash so be careful using it while in WvW.HwpygwE.pngThanksRaymond

not helpful ... work arounds?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is a great opportunity re-evaluate this system entirely, and I have a solid start on an idea to do so.

I can't recall entering WvW even once and seeing any parties on squads in that auto-loaded LFG panel. We can improve this easily with some tweaks. Instead of the present panel, consider something like this instead on a better panel:

SquadsShow commander name and tag color for all open-join squads on the map. This will show incoming players what (open) squads are operating right off the bat. Double / right click to join. This would also facilitate earning higher pips for new commanders.

Don't want people joining your squad? No problem, just make it private / invite only.

Parties1) Show several checkboxes (or maybe radio buttons) that the player can select to express interest in various gameplay styles. Examples:

  • Roaming and scouting
  • Defense and siege
  • Camps, yaks, and escorts
  • Havoc and disruption

2) After players select an option above, their name is placed into LFG under that specific category. Now, incoming players can connect with these people.

The result is an LFG panel with more parties, squads, and players connecting with one another, made possible by making the process simpler and more intuitive, with very little effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tarasicodissa.7084 said:Nobody cares about some dead gamemode. Disable WvW, not the LFG.

It wouldn't be dead if Anet focused on it rather than pvp, WvW was special 5yrs ago but it's largely stagnant since so no wonder people lost interest playing the same thing week after week.> @ClaraFee.2579 said:

I think this is a great opportunity re-evaluate this system entirely, and I have a solid start on an idea to do so.

I can't recall entering WvW even once and seeing any parties on squads in that auto-loaded LFG panel. We can improve this easily with some tweaks. Instead of the present panel, consider something like this instead on a better panel:

SquadsShow commander name and tag color for all open-join squads on the map. This will show incoming players what (open) squads are operating right off the bat. Double / right click to join. This would also facilitate earning higher pips for new commanders.

Don't want people joining your squad? No problem, just make it private / invite only.

Parties1) Show several checkboxes (or maybe radio buttons) that the player can select to express interest in various gameplay styles. Examples:

  • Roaming and scouting
  • Defense and siege
  • Camps, yaks, and escorts
  • Havoc and disruption

2) After players select an option above, their name is placed into LFG under that specific category. Now, incoming players can connect with these people.

The result is an LFG panel with more parties, squads, and players connecting with one another, made possible by making the process simpler and more intuitive, with very little effort.

Great idea, also for raid lfg they really should categorise it for classes too to filter out people entering with the wrong class type. That also solves too many of 1 thing entering and closing the squad, e.g you ask for 1 healer 1 tank, 2 healers see the lfg and join same time closing the group. 1 of them has to leave and the lfg may get suppressed for 'excess use'. LFG came very late in the game and it's not a very good tool either, the game fails on some very basic things we take for granted in other mmos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Yifang.8260 said:

@Tarasicodissa.7084 said:Nobody cares about some dead gamemode. Disable WvW, not the LFG.

It wouldn't be dead if Anet focused on it rather than pvp, WvW was special 5yrs ago but it's largely stagnant since so no wonder people lost interest playing the same thing week after week.This is a bit off topic, but yeah, I agree - WvW has much more potential than sPvP and definitely deserves way more resources. Unfortunately, as it currently is, disabling WvW would have upset significantly fewer people than disabling LFG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, I remember how silly it was finding parties before we had a proper LFG, people would even go on a website to look for parties or flood map chat. At least back then the game worked very well with an open browser for older machines vs after they change the trading post hosts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...