Haven't been playing lately - is DH vs. Mirage a "tough fight"?

mrauls.6519

Lel DH counters Power Mesmer when we speak about the glass canon gs power shatter, even Mirage. You never met a good DH when you think that. When the mesmer use chaosline and can go out of sight like crazy he has a chance. Ofc the atm very popular phantasm spam builds can kill a DH too.

You can not dodge the pull after you get hit by f1 and it is linked. You can dodge the dmg from getting pulled through the trap. But yes using elusive mind makes the matchup a little bit easier but even with it the mesmer dodges after the first cc impact, that leads in him getting knockbacked in the first place and then break out of it. When the mesmer is very fast in reaction and not that near to the dmg part of the trap he may can dodge the dmg from it during he break the knockback. But the trap is not even the biggest problem for a power mesmer, the Dh litterally can kill you with spamming bow autoattack during hiding behind 3 times of blocks, having instant maxrange teleport without the need of los and no animation smite condition what even heal him. He can negate the good telegraphed mesmer burst very often, has insane amount of healing and blocks. Also when mesmer dodge all cc he is a free hit for bow2. A pure glass shatter mirage has no chance when skill lvl is nearly even and the mesmer do not counterbuild with chaosline or reflectbuild.

All the PoF and meta builds beat DH fairly easily. Currently, playing DH handicaps your team.

Mirage - Can evade traps and attacks without even trying. They put out more damage/conditions than a DH can handleDruid - This is the DH's best match up. Not because they will win. They won't. It will just take the longest for the DH to go downFirebrand - Also a good match up for the DH for the exact same reason as Druid. DH will never kill it, and over time the DH will loseHolosmith - Blink and the DH is on the ground. DH has no tools to deal with this specScourge - Outclass DH at its own game. It better controls the point. can withstand the traps, and removes the DH's boons.Spellbreaker - This spec eats all guards, but DH is the most vulnerable to it. It's practically immune to traps, strips their boons, and hits through their blocksS/D Thief - Another spec that can easily ignore the traps and strip boons.Weaver - Not meta, but can still hold its own easily against DHRev - If more people played DH, Rev would be meta

@DaShi.1368 said:All the PoF and meta builds beat DH fairly easily. Currently, playing DH handicaps your team.

Mirage - Can evade traps and attacks without even trying. They put out more damage/conditions than a DH can handleDruid - This is the DH's best match up. Not because they will win. They won't. It will just take the longest for the DH to go downFirebrand - Also a good match up for the DH for the exact same reason as Druid. DH will never kill it, and over time the DH will loseHolosmith - Blink and the DH is on the ground. DH has no tools to deal with this specScourge - Outclass DH at its own game. It better controls the point. can withstand the traps, and removes the DH's boons.Spellbreaker - This spec eats all guards, but DH is the most vulnerable to it. It's practically immune to traps, strips their boons, and hits through their blocksS/D Thief - Another spec that can easily ignore the traps and strip boons.Weaver - Not meta, but can still hold its own easily against DHRev - If more people played DH, Rev would be meta

Actually good dragonhunter owns holosmiths and spellbreakers pretty good in wvw, but in spvp with damage lowered of all skills especially longbow2 and trap heal nerfed less effective, f2 skill heal lowered dragonhunters gets destroyed by those professions.

Pretty much from spvp to wvw dragonhunter change like day and night, from bad to really good and balanced profession.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Haven't played in about ~2 months... Tried fighting a Mirage last night & they gave me a run for my money. Is DH vs. Mirage something I should give up on 1v1?

As a main guardian player / dragonhunter I can say that yes as a DH you can still beat any mesmer build out there.Of course I would say a "pro" mesmer/mirage that keeps the distance while you cap a point could kill you but on 1v1s without hiding behind pillars they won't stand a chance against a strong dh player.I was able to beat any mirage even the nr 1 dude who was playing mirage avoids 1v1 me as dh.DH could have currently problems against the ele with the tons of projectiles absorb dodges and of course the scourge spamming skills and getting hp shields.

I had a few games as DH and I was still able with my own build to do 1v2 or to troll around on 1v3s. You can play him but due to the slow mobility he won't get picked that much and firebrand as support is currently played the most.

Archived