Please include purchase with bitcoin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vivilett.8509 said:For a up to date company please include purchases with bit coin

Some of your big spenders would purchase more

It's up to their retailer, DigitalRiver. And they aren't likely to offer bitcoin until there's some stability in the market; it's just too easy for them to lose money on any given deal. Safer for them to let us convert our other currencies.

@Sylent.3165 said:So....your suggesting a game takes $500 worth of a digital currency that may be worth $50 the next day? Sure it may be worth more but video game companies aren't going to gamble. If they want to sell an item for $20 they want $20 and that's that.

I can appreciate that commentReally depends on the CFO management of money , or whomever is moving money around it may benefit the company.

@Vivilett.8509 said:

@Sylent.3165 said:So....your suggesting a game takes $500 worth of a digital currency that may be worth $50 the next day? Sure it may be worth more but video game companies aren't going to gamble. If they want to sell an item for $20 they want $20 and that's that.

I can appreciate that commentReally depends on the CFO management of money , or whomever is moving money around it may benefit the company.

How, exactly? If a currency can lose 10% or more of it's value overnight, how is it good for a company to accept it as a currency? Where in business school did they teach you that you need to lose money on investments to benefit your company?

I have had bitcoin explained to me like three times now, and I still don't fully get it. From my understanding, it's not regulated. There is no connection to something physical other than a company saying it has worth which means nothing in the real world. Also, it seems shady as hell. I don't understand why people want companies to use it when it's a virtual currency that only has value because people say it does.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:I have had bitcoin explained to me like three times now, and I still don't fully get it. From my understanding, it's not regulated. There is no connection to something physical other than a company saying it has worth which means nothing in the real world. Also, it seems shady as hell. I don't understand why people want companies to use it when it's a virtual currency that only has value because people say it does.

Maybe they're heavily invested in it, and want to try to get some returns on their investments?

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:I have had bitcoin explained to me like three times now, and I still don't fully get it. From my understanding, it's not regulated. There is no connection to something physical other than a company saying it has worth which means nothing in the real world. Also, it seems shady as hell. I don't understand why people want companies to use it when it's a virtual currency that only has value because people say it does.

Maybe they're heavily invested in it, and want to try to get some returns on their investments?

Perhaps. If that is the case, they are at fault for investing in something so shady and not regulated, so trying to make another person/company invest in the same shady practice just to make a return profit is just wrong.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:From my understanding, it's not regulated. There is no connection to something physical other than a company saying it has worth which means nothing in the real world. Also, it seems shady as hell. I don't understand why people want companies to use it when it's a virtual currency that only has value because people say it does.

Funny, if only you realized that you have just literally described your own fiat currency as well.

No, I'm definitely not a proponent of bitcoin, but if the above criteria are what make you not have faith in a currency, then you have some serious rethinking to do about your own.

Ever since Nixon cancelled the gold standard in 1971, the dollar hasn't been backed by physical gold anymore. The Euro never has been. The only thing that you could say the dollar is sort of backed by right now, is oil. But because more and more Middle-Eastern countries are dropping the dollar and are now only accepting the Russian ruble or the Chinese yen for their oil, the petrodollar is plummeting. Which is one of the many reasons why America has been starting so many illegal wars there.

Second, you might think that because bitcoin is more volatile than the dollar or the euro, it is therefore more unreliable. But that's because there's a much larger machine behind the latter two that's working around the clock to keep them in place.The American government is bankrupt, and has been for quite a while. This because its debt is greater than its anual GDP (21.7 trillion versus 19.5 trillion respectively). In other words, its debt is about 2 trillion (that's 12 zeros) greater than its actual market value.If we'd be talking about a company everyone would've realized it was bankrupt a long time ago. But somehow a government manages to keep its people from coming to this realization.

Do you know why this is? Because its central bank, the Federal Reserve (which isn't actually federal at all, but privately owned) can print as much money as it wants (because it's no longer backed by physical gold) and then lends it to the American government with interest. In other words, every single dollar that enters the American economy carries debt, and for every single dollar that the American government borrows, they have to pay interest to the Federal Reserve.And the exact same thing goes for the European Centeal Bank and all European governments as well.

And do you know why we think that our money has value, even though it hasn't actually been interchangable with physical gold for over 40 years and has been largely represented by digital (virtual) numbers on a computer screen? Because some government says it has, and we believe it.

Again, bitcoin obviously isn't the answer and I wouldn't recommend any company or person to use it or invest in it.But it's high time for us to realize that our own currencies are just as unreliable. I don't know how many more financial crises and recessions we have to live through to finally come to the realization that this system is apparently heavily flawed...

Bitcoin is a Pyramid scheme. The last ppl that buy in will be the ones that will sit on a useless digital "currency" no one wants to buy anymore.

When ppl think of Bitcoins they don't think about how many Bitcoins they have or can get, they only think how many $ they can extract. This already shows how worthless the thing is as a "currency".

Also, what is a "currency" worth, when everyone else starts creating new similar currencies? It's like with printing money, now they're just creating new currencies. And without any regulation, without the need for any real physical counter-value every medium sized company can create a new currency like bitcoin, which is btw already happening and "damaging" the other "cryptocurrencies" in the process.

The time of Bitcoins are over. When everybody and their mom's dog knows about it, it's too late. Same with stocks.EDIT: To clarify, I mean the big hype around it. Bitcoins were pretty cool and I could not read my computer magazine (called c't) without Bitcoint threads. But just with highly valuable stocks, as soon as everybody does it, the value plummets. That's normal. And I would not want to have currencies going on like that. Imagine you pay with stocks from now. Remember how fast that one intel manager dropped Intel stocks worth several million Dollars when the Meltdown thing in their CPU surfaced?

Yes, we live in times of artificial money. The good ol' "paper money <-> Gold" rule is history since decades, but Bitcoins are the next level of crap.

Excelsior.

To be fair, the US dollar is not backed by anything physical, and has value because a company (the federal reserve) says so.

Basically how our entire currency system works anyway.....not that I'm endorsing Bitcoin (which I'm not).

@Scrivs.4501 said:

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:From my understanding, it's not regulated. There is no connection to something physical other than a company saying it has worth which means nothing in the real world. Also, it seems shady as hell. I don't understand why people want companies to use it when it's a virtual currency that only has value because people say it does.

Funny, if only you realized that you have just literally described your own fiat currency as well.....

This!At least SOME people understand what's really going on.

Great comments by everyone , agreed countries like the US who have a stable economy should not use currency like bitcoin but counties like Venezuela with the unstable economy would benifit from a bitcoin set up , has more value than thier currency at this time

Companies should look into it to benefit the owners or stock holders

@Vivilett.8509 said:counties like Venezuela with the unstable economy would benifit from a bitcoin set upNot really. Unless you think people who are selling Bitcoin value the Bolivar more than people who sell dollars or euros. Plus, the value to DigitalRiver wouldn't change: as long as there's uncertainty in the value of Bitcoin, it's too risky for them. Retailers want certainty in their transactions; it's challenging enough to make a buck without having to worry about highly variable exchange rates undermining profits.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Vivilett.8509 said:counties like Venezuela with the unstable economy would benifit from a bitcoin set upNot really. Unless you think people who are selling Bitcoin value the Bolivar more than people who sell dollars or euros. Plus, the value to DigitalRiver wouldn't change: as long as there's uncertainty in the value of Bitcoin, it's too risky for them. Retailers want certainty in their transactions; it's challenging enough to make a buck without having to worry about highly variable exchange rates undermining profits.

I can appreciate that comment , have you seen the venezuela currency vs bitcoin?

@Scrivs.4501 said:

Funny, if only you realized that you have just literally described your own fiat currency as well.

No, I'm definitely not a proponent of bitcoin, but if the above criteria are what make you not have faith in a currency, then you have some serious rethinking to do about your own.

Ever since Nixon cancelled the gold standard in 1971, the dollar hasn't been backed by physical gold anymore. The Euro never has been. The only thing that you could say the dollar is sort of backed by right now, is oil. But because more and more Middle-Eastern countries are dropping the dollar and are now only accepting the Russian ruble or the Chinese yen for their oil, the petrodollar is plummeting. Which is one of the many reasons why America has been starting so many illegal wars there.

Second, you might think that because bitcoin is more volatile than the dollar or the euro, it is therefore more unreliable. But that's because there's a much larger machine behind the latter two that's working around the clock to keep them in place.The American government is bankrupt, and has been for quite a while. This because its debt is greater than its anual GDP (21.7 trillion versus 19.5 trillion respectively). In other words, its debt is about 2 trillion (that's 12 zeros) greater than its actual market value.If we'd be talking about a company everyone would've realized it was bankrupt a long time ago. But somehow a government manages to keep its people from coming to this realization.

Do you know why this is? Because its central bank, the Federal Reserve (which isn't actually federal at all, but privately owned) can print as much money as it wants (because it's no longer backed by physical gold) and then lends it to the American government with interest. In other words, every single dollar that enters the American economy carries debt, and for every single dollar that the American government borrows, they have to pay interest to the Federal Reserve.And the exact same thing goes for the European Centeal Bank and all European governments as well.

And do you know why we think that our money has value, even though it hasn't actually been interchangable with physical gold for over 40 years and has been largely represented by digital (virtual) numbers on a computer screen? Because some government says it has, and we believe it.

Again, bitcoin obviously isn't the answer and I wouldn't recommend any company or person to use it or invest in it.But it's high time for us to realize that our own currencies are just as unreliable. I don't know how many more financial crises and recessions we have to live through to finally come to the realization that this system is apparently heavily flawed...

I know all that, but I trust it better for one reason. You can track it easier and also it's more stable than bitcoins ever will be because it is not regulated or tracked or as well as the federal reserve. It would be easier to change the federal reserve than it would be bitcoins due to the shady nature of bitcoins.

Archived