MMO Burnout

The best part of Subscription-less MMOs is that you can stop and come back whenever you please.I'm experiencing burn-outs a lot, and I have a policy to never binge-playing games. If a game can't keep me, so be it! There are so many games that come out these days, that you can only buy the best of the best and never run out of material.As it is now I've just came back from a huge break of playing Monster Hunter, Yakuza Kiwami and Nier Automata.

I had actually the opposite experience as OP here.Or kinda oppositish.I start playing the game, lvld to 80. Got bored, didnt know what to do as the total noob i was.After a one year break i started playing it again. Even more after the HoT announcement. Even more after HoT 2.0 update and more pre PoF and now i am playing it every evening together with my own guild i founded together with my brother. Its probably the social part that encourages me to play it more.I dont know how OP plays. Do you play mainly solo? Or with friends? After working or just in the short burst downtimes you mentioned?I personally decide if i play for an evening. Sometime 1.5-3.5h . Mostly just chitchatting with friends, gathering materials for the hall, doing achievements or story or help my newcomer guildies. Its actually quiet surprizing how social the game became for me and how it encourages to play on.

I always have around 10 or 12 different games installed that I rotate out from time to time when something new comes out or I decide to go back to an old favorite. If I begin experiencing burn out I just switch it up and play something different. Never understood the folks who feel they have to quit a game forever because they are bored of it.

Archived