Claw of the Khan-Ur with two draw-weapon animations

Hey folks,

I am looking to craft the new dagger and was looking at a few videos on youtube showcasing it when I noticed that there seem to be two different types of animation on draw weapon: a rising ghostly charr or a marching ghost... can anyone advise the reason for this ? Is it down to individual settings ? Or maybe influenced by choosing to use the Gift of Magumma vs Gift of Desert ?

Rising Charr:

(common version)Marching Charr (06:00):
(found in two separate videos created by french players)

Thanks!

Hey I thought so too at first but then I watched the full video and there are a few moments when he’s perfectly still and casts the same animation (03:50)...he even changes race and gets the same effect standing still. I have found 2 videos created by two different French players with this animation... it’s really weird

Thank you, will do! Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am curious if they chose Gift of the Desert over Gift of Magumma... resulting in a completely different animation. I know it's a long shot but I cannot think of anything else. That would be huge though, implying two legendary effects on the same weapon.. That, or probably, they had early access to the weapon, recorded the showcase and meanwhile Anet altered the effect.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I imagine it's the graphics settings? Maybe the kitten one is just low details. Lots of those videos have rather low framerate, which indicates kitten PCs and hence lower graphic settings.

Ye I thought it could be down to individual settings also but that marching charr looks actually more complex than the rising one... I have no idea to be honest.

@Arannya.8324 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I imagine it's the graphics settings? Maybe the kitten one is just low details. Lots of those videos have rather low framerate, which indicates kitten PCs and hence lower graphic settings.

Ye I thought it could be down to individual settings also but that marching charr looks actually more complex than the rising one... I have no idea to be honest.

Try it

@zealex.9410 said:

Try it

I did not craft it yet, that's the thing... I am in the process of doing so and I hope I get the right animation for it cause it really is a gold sink. That's why I was wondering if it's individual settings or the Desert/Magumma option ... or these guys had early access to the wep...

Archived