Changes for PvP Combat/Movement & no valid path bug and more?

albostan.6719

Sup Guys

I started again playing a bit gw2 pvp and I noticed a lot of things that are kind of "unfair for pvp specially for new players.

Point one:Under Options:General OptionCombat/movementAutotargetingFor PvE it's ok but should it be allowed for pvp?Seeing holos and dps weavers one shooting everything without having a clue of where the enemy is or clicking on the enemy cuz the system does auto target hit.Is this about skill or allowing people to feel pro?I noticed it the most because I play thief and no matter if I port behind them left or right of them where they should lose target they just activate skills and hit me.I can live with that but it's more than annoying after full retreat getting into team fight and holos randomly spamming aoe stuns and hit you without having target on you.Specially the elite skill can be activated without a target and it will hit you even if you port (+1 for that btw).Autotarget for skills should be removed for pvp but then a lot of pro gamers won't be that pro at all.But my point is the entire game is skill based and you remove this factor by allowing people to not even try to click on to a target just use skills and hit (0 skill action).

The other point is:Infiltrators arrow buging about 70% of the maps and 50% of the time. No valid path without having anything that blocks you.I heared something about it but what's wrong with this when you have a bit of lag + no valid path you are most of the time dead due to 0 ports.The other thing is while using infiltrators arrow you still get hit by autoattacks even if you are out of range which happens a lot of times.It's overall also pretty annoying when you die and IA ports your body away which makes somehow no sense at all.

One of the most annoying points is enviromental combat. Should it be allowed to use those "safe" spots where the enemy can't hit you?I admit I used it as well but most people just are about to die and jump onto spots where you can't port or hard to jump up and they are safe.All the spots are spots where you can't for example steal on enemies which makes a huge difference when fighting a mesmer or thief.

I know pro gamers feel pro when they use those "do nothing but hit the target" utilities but they could actually remove it and let the game be a skill based game not a the computer does it right for you :-P

If anet could read this it would be nice :-O

what holo is one shooting people?

I hate when people come in here saying such silly nonsense it makes it hard for others to take things serious. MOST holo builds are "bruiser" they aren't full dps and even if they were they aren't one shooting anyone down in a fight, maybe a full combo if u don't dodge a single move then yes, it's the same for weaver even though it's harder to see it coming when fighting a weaver it's still no different.

@"zoopop.5630" said:what holo is one shooting people?

I hate when people come in here saying such silly nonsense it makes it hard for others to take things serious. MOST holo builds are "bruiser" they aren't full dps and even if they were they aren't one shooting anyone down in a fight, maybe a full combo if u don't dodge a single move then yes, it's the same for weaver even though it's harder to see it coming when fighting a weaver it's still no different.

It's not about 1 shooting someone it's about 80% of the players play holo due to the fact they don't have to aim at all their skills auto target does everything.Instead of having to click on the target you can spamm with holo / mirage all attacks and always hit the enemy.When the entire game is about skill auto target destroys that.

For the one shoot when holos with max stack of might activate elite without seeing a target or clicking it and you get hit by 7k+ elite it sucks even more when you know they can't be having you on target.

@albostan.6719 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:what holo is one shooting people?

It's not about 1 shooting someone it's about 80% of the players play holo due to the fact they don't have to aim at all their skills auto target does everything.Instead of having to click on the target you can spamm with holo / mirage all attacks and always hit the enemy.When the entire game is about skill auto target destroys that.

For the one shoot when holos with max stack of might activate elite without seeing a target or clicking it and you get hit by 7k+ elite it sucks even more when you know they can't be having you on target.

huh? Every Melee class that's Power is about the same thing..... "they don't need to aim" the only things that come to mind it's the Aoe abilities they have which is already getting nerf to shit, and the SAME case can be made about condi AOE being dropped everywhere and not needing aim or "real target" focus for it to even land...

It's a learn to play issue overall which you can figure out by playing the class or fighting it in 1vs1 duel servers.

Archived