How to roam in WvW as a non-deadeye?

skyline.3286

@Turk.5460 said:

@Faaris.8013 said:Can you elaborate why you dislike rifle deadeye in WvW?

I'm more curious why he thinks rifle is the only way when most go Daredevil D/P

I mostly see the usual D/P Daredevil and now a whole bunch of FoTM Core S/D. The DE's I
do
see are far and few in between and are almost always heavily reliant on stealth.

You just haven't seen the loud ones :/. I'm a loud one. I get Charzooka and hide in a bush and blow people up. If you can't see that massive gun, you deserve to get shot by a DJ.

I did see a Rifle DE the other night who caught me totally off guard as I was trying to fight with one hand while talking on the phone with the other. Then after him there was a cluster of them in short order. The first was very good , the ones I ran into later not so much so.

Subjectively, while d/p and s/d still seeem to dominate (followed by p/p) , I do think there a trend upwards in DE rifle in WvW.

@"MUDse.7623"

Want to apologize. Tried out d/p deadeye again with assassin signet and shadow meld and it's actually really kitten fun ( whatever i tried before just did not work out). im enjoying the whole "stalk your prey then backstab for 15k". the trick is consistently backstabbing after shadowshot :D

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:

@"MUDse.7623"

Want to apologize. Tried out d/p deadeye again with assassin signet and shadow meld and it's actually really kitten fun ( whatever i tried before just did not work out). im enjoying the whole "stalk your prey then backstab for 15k". the trick is consistently backstabbing after shadowshot :D

Yep , that build a lot of fun. I currently have 6 thieves and only have one daredevil left. Have 1 core and the rest in DE.

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:

@"MUDse.7623"

I ran into a d/d DE yesterday that solo'd my buddy and I (thieves), plus 3 of the other team two of which were scourges. Even once you figure out what they're playing it's tough to counter, there's no give away like rifle. They can just backstab CnD and repeat. The same in condi d/d or p/d is particularly nasty too I would imagine.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

I ran into a d/d DE yesterday that solo'd my buddy and I (thieves), plus 3 of the other team two of which were scourges. Even once you figure out what they're playing it's tough to counter, there's no give away like rifle. They can just backstab CnD and repeat. The same in condi d/d or p/d is particularly nasty too I would imagine.

D/d deadeye feels a lot more challenging from lack of engage, so props to whomever that was. I have been spamming d/p deadeye for about a week and have had my successful 1vX moments, and boy is it a thrill. It isn't perfect since you're pretty slow, making chasing and escape tough, but if you sneak up just right you can straight up delete people. Keep an eye out for [RD] thief on HoD :)

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:

D/d deadeye feels a lot more challenging from lack of engage, so props to whomever that was. I have been spamming d/p deadeye for about a week and have had my successful 1vX moments, and boy is it a thrill. It isn't perfect since you're pretty slow, making chasing and escape tough, but if you sneak up just right you can straight up delete people. Keep an eye out for [RD] thief on HoD :)

It actually was an RD thief, south camp on alpine BL, yesterday morning/afternoon. Could have been d/p but we decided he was d/d. I used to be HoD so I was racking my brain about who it could have been. I wasn't incredibly shocked he took us out cause we were low on cds, but then proceeded to eliminate two scourges one by one.....

@Tinnel.4369 said:

It actually was an RD thief, south camp on alpine BL, yesterday morning/afternoon. Could have been d/p but we decided he was d/d. I used to be HoD so I was racking my brain about who it could have been. I wasn't incredibly shocked he took us out cause we were low on cds, but then proceeded to eliminate two scourges one by one.....

I do remember fighting in the corn field at the camp against a scourge trying to res his buddy. I spent a lot of time in alpine borderlands over the weekend. Did you happen to pm Ghost Ren about d/d deadeye? :P

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:

I do remember fighting in the corn field at the camp against a scourge trying to res his buddy. I spent a lot of time in alpine borderlands over the weekend. Did you happen to pm Ghost Ren about d/d deadeye? :P

I didn't, wouldn't be surprised if my buddy did. You were d/p then?

@Tinnel.4369 said:

Yup. D/p + shortbow. Have to stack stealth at a distance to get the jump on people, otherwise you'd see a d/d thief coming up to you(especially as deadeye with no innate gap closers).

Fun, what trait lines?

Shadow arts/trickery/deadeye

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:

Yup. D/p + shortbow. Have to stack stealth at a distance to get the jump on people, otherwise you'd see a d/d thief coming up to you(especially as deadeye with no innate gap closers).

Fun, what trait lines?

Shadow arts/trickery/deadeye

Ran into you again in SMC last night, so much stealth. Kind of forced to leave the area, you're so hard to pin down.

I've been having a lot of fun with sw/p the last week or so, noone expects it.

@babazhook.6805 said:I did see a Rifle DE the other night who caught me totally off guard as I was trying to fight with one hand while talking on the phone with the other. Then after him there was a cluster of them in short order. The first was very good , the ones I ran into later not so much so.

Subjectively, while d/p and s/d still seeem to dominate (followed by p/p) , I do think there a trend upwards in DE rifle in WvW.

It's highly dependent on player skill and playstyle. Most DEs in WvW just suck. Half of them I run into either blow all of their init immediately with BQoBK, or they wait in perma stealth for seven seconds like they think they're getting a free kill. I make it a living hell for them to get up to me, and when they get close I'm not afraid to show them Deadeye with M7 is equally Nasty in melee.

Archived