Would a Bad Sport / Sportsmanship rating work?

rwolf.9571

It would be difficult to prevent abuse, but I'm still down for trying it out. Ways to balance it might involve having single sourced votes less impactful (i.e. votes from the same account/guild) and maybe letting people also honor players for being particularly sporstman like.

@Jackalrat.5493 said:It would be difficult to prevent abuse, but I'm still down for trying it out. Ways to balance it might involve having single sourced votes less impactful (i.e. votes from the same account/guild) and maybe letting people also honor players for being particularly sporstman like.

As someone who was banned from LoL because I told someone who was mouthing off to me an entire game long to shut his fucking mouth, which was followed by him having his whole guild report me, i can't say i approve of this kind of thing, as much as I'd otherwise like it to be there.

We should be pushing for reports of bad play in rated that end in extended dishonor if you get enough of them. You can and do get banned if you behave badly and enough people report you already. If you don't listen to your teammates and go farpoint and die solo 10 straight times you'll be ruining matches that way forever and there is no recourse. At least when someone is being a DB you can report them and block them.

@Legatus.3608 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:It would be difficult to prevent abuse, but I'm still down for trying it out. Ways to balance it might involve having single sourced votes less impactful (i.e. votes from the same account/guild) and maybe letting people also honor players for being particularly sporstman like.

As someone who was banned from LoL because I told someone who was mouthing off to me an entire game long to shut his kitten mouth, which was followed by him having his whole guild report me, i can't say i approve of this kind of thing, as much as I'd otherwise like it to be there.

Not to mention the backlog of reports Anet is probably already facing there’s no way this would be executed on in a timely manner.

Archived